Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bkoma thank you! Duly noted! Good luck to everyone, I guess the way I convey my message is not wanted around here. Sorry about that, again good luck
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

• Rotorguy90
      Rotorguy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Most of us still appreciate any insight you may provide, and have no problem with the way you convey your messages.

• I dont try to come off as an A hole or condescending, if I do come off like that then I do apologize and I take full responsibility. I've been on this forum since 05, and it does help getting info and maybe making the process a little less arduous. However, some people on here make it the end all be all for info or putting bum info out there, and it does get a little frustrating especially with all that is going on especially here in LA County.

I am not trying to disuade anyone from joining this profession or even the Department, all I am saying is have some back up plans and never put your eggs in one basket and think about what your trying to get into. I think I may head bkoma advice and maybe lay off posting on this thread for a bit. If anyone needs anything I am available on PM, I may not answer right away but Ill answer your questions. Good luck everyone (make sure your running and working on your trunk strenght).
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

• I for one appreciate Cruz’s insight. His advice is direct and to the point. I’ve been in the process for well over a year now with a couple departments including LASD. I've been checking in on this forum regularly, and sure, it’s frustrating, but at this point this forum is purely speculative. COVID threw all of our plans off. None of us want to hear that we should apply elsewhere & restart the whole process again with other agencies, but that’s just the reality that we’ve been in since last year. It appears that there may finally be some light at the end of the tunnel for those of us, who have finished backgrounds, psych, and medical, but I think it’s realistic to advise us to look into other departments as a contingency plan.

On a separate note, has anyone been contacted by anyone in the hiring department to update anything that may have expired?

Comment

• Sorry Gents and Ladies, no new updates from the Sheriff today. Same thing different day. It's basically up to the CO's office, for approval, to start up academies.

Comment

• Lalala123.
          Lalala123. commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn ! The damn CEO has been negotiating with LASD since October 2020. So disappointed at them, they only know how to collect taxes

• What many of the vets in LASD are saying is simple you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. LASD is in a weired place right with the Sheriff and BOS having a power struggle. Many have been on the department an average of 16 years that message here. We tell everyone apply anywhere and everywhwre you want to work or live. If folks can't take type print for what it is God help them in the jails or on the street.

Any other tip is if your on the department in a non sworn capacity you will be waiting a long time. Simply put the department wants to hire you last why, basic money. A) you get a pay raise B)your non sworn position is now vacant meaning they have to hire behind you which coat another BI, and training so the department rather hire someone of the street. They don't want to pay for 2 backgrounds at the same time for the same person (you and you replacement)

I have non several SOs and CAs wait about 2 years before getting hired some 3 after having been on for an average of 3. The Department plays games as well as the BOS.

The question is how long do y'all wanna wait?
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• Does anyone have any new information or updates on Academy classes? I have heard from a couple of candidates that classes will start up next month (May). Don't know how true this is, but one person did say that they called and told him this information. I asked who he called but he hasn't responded to me.

Comment

• Sonofapatriot
            Sonofapatriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you get your info from that Facebook post? I hope something happens, I'm in with two other departments right now and just praying I get a call from somebody. It's super competitive right now and still tight on budgets for all departments.

• amillion99
            amillion99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Everything is still hearsay right now and nothing is definite. The “rumor” i’ve been told from deputies inside the department is that classes will pick up in July, but again who knows! Best we can do as candidates is keep up with physical fitness and apply elsewhere in the meantime.

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sonofapatriot no, it's from a friend of a friend. Did someone say something in a Facebook post?
            Last edited by Raptor9708; 04-09-2021, 01:33 PM.

• Grueso
            Grueso commented
            Editing a comment
            My buddy that works at the recruitment unit doesn't believe that there will be classes anytime soon. However, he also said that things could change, so who knows.

• Raptor9708 Their is something along the same lines on the FB recruitment page.

Comment

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            He must've gotten it from there. Oh well, we'll just continue to wait.

• Lalala123.
            Lalala123. commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait ! What did they say on FB?

• Sonofapatriot
            Sonofapatriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Lalala123. It's on the comment section on one of the recent posts.

• Lalala123.
            Lalala123. commented
            Editing a comment
            I checked and it said happy weekend? What post are you talking about?

• So I know most of you have completed your process, but something has to be coming up. I applied in April of 2020. My background was submitted two weeks ago, and given a condition letter. I will be taking my psych and medical in a week. I don’t think they would be wasting their time completing my process if they have 400+ applicants ready to go if nothing was coming down the pipe line.

Comment

• jhonnyfher9
            jhonnyfher9 commented
            Editing a comment
            My background was submitted a week and half ago, how long did it take to get a condition letter after background was submitted?

Thank you in advance.

• My brother who is a deputy in the department let me know yesterday that academies should be starting up soon. He heard as early as May as well, but said most likely July and all 3 academy locations will be in use. Nothing official but things are starting to look much better for us

Comment

• Like I said, hopefully these rumors are true. Let's just cross our fingers ladies and gents that it starts up next month.

Comment

• So I got an email today saying “we regret to inform you that the eligibility period for your current LASD application has expired” has anyone else gotten this?

Comment

• bkoma
                bkoma commented
                Editing a comment
                De La Cruz JJ good info. Thank you.

My only hope at this point is that a lot of people got this email in error because I know people that literally finished everything a month ago, and received the email as well. Regardless of all our speculation, let's keep our heads up until something more concrete and certain surfaces. I would heed Lalala123. 's advice and tune in on Wednesday to see if the Sheriff addresses these concerns.

• Grueso
                Grueso commented
                Editing a comment
                I just asked my buddy at the recruitment unit; he said that if your test expired, you must redo the entire process regardless of when you signed the conditional. The test is only good for two years.

• Lalala123.
                Lalala123. commented
                Editing a comment
                Grueso I took my written in August 2019 ! Do you think I still have a shot getting in the academy before I get kicked out?

• Grueso
                Grueso commented
                Editing a comment
                @Lalala123 You should be good; he thinks that there will be classes as early as July.

• Wow that is not good news for us. My conditional was signed 8/15/20.

Comment

• Lalala123.
                Lalala123. commented
                Editing a comment
                Bruh ! I signed on 8/16/20. Fingers cross,
                Last edited by Lalala123.; 04-22-2021, 10:03 AM.

• amillion99
                amillion99 commented
                Editing a comment
                Signed mine 7/28/20. Now would be a good time, if anyone already hasn’t, to begin applying with other agencies. This is a hard pill to swallow but it’s best to assume we aren’t going to be hired unfortunately.

• I haven’t gotten this email and my offer expires in may, I wonder what the deal is. Dep brown said we would just have to update info

Comment

• Mine expired April 4th and I haven’t received an email. So I don’t know what’s going on. Just waiting it out.

Comment

• Gerard45
                  Gerard45 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine expired in March no email for me either

• Lalala123.
                  Lalala123. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When did you take ur written exam ?

• Oglestein
                  Oglestein commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I took my written January 2020

• Gerard45
                  Gerard45 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My written was 09/30/2019

• CarNCydDad I just read it but it says that you applied on March of 2019 which would make it 2 years,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4801 users online. 256 members and 4545 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X