Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So for all of us waiting for a captains interview, what will I need to retake if I go over the year mark for my file?

Comment

• Good afternoon all. So I submit my background to the BI on January 6 2021. Haven’t heard back from her..... should I follow up? I know most of you said not to bother them unless they needed something and they will reach out to you. Thank you

Comment

• cruz0311
        cruz0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are aware that there's people here, applicants who have had there background submitted for over a year now. So go ahead and contact her and I suspect she's going to tell you, welcome to the club of people that are standing by. Not trying to be funny here, but you've had to know that just from being on this forum.

• amillion99
        amillion99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah like what cruz0311 said, prepare to wait a while. The most recent update is that they’re still negotiating class(es) for the upcoming fiscal year that starts in July, and that there are now 500 candidates that have already completed every step in the process and are just waiting to be placed in said class(es).

• Hopefully the new Stimulus bill (CA gets funding) helps with the budget shortfalls. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• I was told they are going to let all the offers expire if it is passed the year mark. Not sure how true this is because my offer will expire in August, so I sure hope that is not the case and we can get in before having to do the process again.

Comment

• Sirpopeingtom
          Sirpopeingtom commented
          Editing a comment
          The year conditional offer expiring just means you’ll have to update any expired paperwork. If you go over 2 years from written test then you’re dropped. That’s according to operations last I checked.

• amillion99
          amillion99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I recently contacted Deputy Brown and was told the same thing as Sirpopeingtom. Looks like L.A. County will be receiving $1.9 Billion in stimulus relief, i’m sure a portion of that will be put into hiring as the department is going to be losing a few hundred deputies due to retirements. Keep your heads up ladies and gents.

• Sirpopeingtom
          Sirpopeingtom commented
          Editing a comment
          amillion99 dude thank you for letting me know about the funding allocation. I honestly was losing hope and the county getting that to reestablish services could be our life line.

• amillion99
          amillion99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sirpopeingtom Of course, however we also have to be mindful of the possibility we may not get hired this year. I'm personally in the process with 2 other agencies in addition to LASD. It's a bad idea to "put all of your eggs in one basket." Sure with the stimulus bill in addition to the upcoming vacancies there's a decent chance all of us will get hired on, but it's no guarantee. Better to be safe than sorry.
          Last edited by amillion99; 03-13-2021, 12:54 PM.

• amillion99 appreciate the insight and hopefully good news for all of us.

Comment

• Current lasd academy class 455 wii be having critical scenarios from 04/19 to 04/21. It is a best tool to be exposed to know what the expectations are to pass the test. We all need to sign up to be role players.

Comment

• Sonofapatriot
            Sonofapatriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for posting this, who's the contact to sign up?

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            How do we sign up?

• Lalala123.
            Lalala123. commented
            Editing a comment
            How do I sign up?

• Hang in there guys and gals. Not a matter of if it’s a matter of when.

Comment

• I wonder how they will choose which recruits to attend the first academy? If they will select based on when you completed everything, like me I finished April 2020, or overall best candidates?

Comment

• Carrje
              Carrje commented
              Editing a comment
              Almost certainly it will be what they deem the best recruits.

• Gerard45
              Gerard45 commented
              Editing a comment
              I spoke to Deputy Brown a couple of weeks ago and she informed me that they will first reach out to those who were given an academy date but were pulled out back in 2020. After that they will go in order from when we finish.

• It seems like there will be 5 more academies after this month, according to the sheriff. We got this boys

Comment

• Misfit16
              Misfit16 commented
              Editing a comment
              What is the “CO’s” office ?

• amillion99
              amillion99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Misfit16 i believe he’s referring to the “CEO” or the Chief Executive Office of L.A. County. They are the office that oversees the county’s budget. From my understanding the department is working to establish academy classes for the upcoming fiscal year (which begins July 1st, 2021.) So if they’ve identified classes they will more than likely take place after July 1st this year.

• Tomala118
              Tomala118 commented
              Editing a comment
              from my understanding of what the sheriff said and the information passed on from several of my professors ( deputies from LASD ), they are discussing classes for the remaining of the fiscal year ( they might be also discussing classes for next fiscal year ) but im sure at least 1 more this fiscal year because he said he hopes they will have a class in april and continuing on.
              Last edited by Tomala118; 03-18-2021, 10:32 PM.

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tomala118 That would be awesome news, let's hope and keep our fingers crossed

• amillion99 Oh okay. I know of the board of supervisors just wanted know what they meant by “CO’s” but thank you for clearing it up. I just got word that I passed everything now I’m waiting like the rest of you. Hopefully stuff picks up soon.

Comment

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              Brandonchen23 Did you do your psych and medical? If so, then I would contact Elba to see if you passed them both. If you did then congratulations and welcome to the long line of waiting for Academy consultation.

• Brandonchen23
              Brandonchen23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Raptor9708 yeah i did i took both in the same week, the first week of December 2020, i never heard anything back.

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              Then you're in. If you want, to give you the peace of mind, call Elba to confirm you passed. Like I said, welcome to that long line of waiting.

• Brandonchen23
              Brandonchen23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Raptor9708 yeah man i just called her about an hour ago and left a voicemail! Thanks!

• I know we have brought this up quite often on here, but I was curious if there is anyone on here that has passed their 1 year waiting mark. If so, have you had to redo any steps and are you still active in the pool of people waiting? My conditional expires in August but I started the process in April.

Comment

• Sirpopeingtom
              Sirpopeingtom commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine passed its year mark February 25th. I reached out to operations and they essentially just stated that I’d need to update any expired paper work. This is my second time going through Lasd and last time my background took over a year and I had to turn in updated insurance paper work, a new credit check and anything that expired that year. I’m guessing it’s the same thing here.

• Well if your written test gets expired , you would need to reapply with an agency again . Written test vali

Comment

• Valid for 2 years

Comment

• LAPD is starting their academies every 28 days . I just found out today

Comment

• amillion99
                  amillion99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  looks like academies will be picking up soon for LASD too, keep your heads up ladies and gents.
                  Last edited by amillion99; 03-27-2021, 09:41 AM.

• Brandonchen23
                  Brandonchen23 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  amillion99 how soon??

• amillion99
                  amillion99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Brandonchen23 Sheriff V claims that the department is looking to start up classes again as soon as April, but there’s nothing official yet.

• Brandonchen23
                  Brandonchen23 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  amillion99 where do you hear that?

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/losange...ernatives/amp/

Comment

• cruz0311
                  cruz0311 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Has nothing to do with the County budget. That is MTA increasing their policing budget between LASD, LAPD and Long Beach PDs contracts.

• Lalala123.
                  Lalala123. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cruz0311 Sir ! Have you heard any news from the department yet ?

• cruz0311
                  cruz0311 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No! Let me make something clear, most of us on the Department do not know much about what goes on, other than the usual rumors. My mantra even before I joined the Department is to take things as they come. I do not worry about things I can not control. I've said it before here, if I were in your guys shoes, I would of pivoted a long time ago and made myself a better candidate to apply somewhere else. I hope you guys and gals are paying attention to the police reforms politicians are trying to pass, not exactly the best for LE.

• bkoma
                  bkoma commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This does look promising. Also, I have been privy to internal movement occurring within the Department that may be evidence of the Department looking to once again commence the conduction of the academies.

cruz0311 lol you need to chill or get off this forum. Albeit, you may have SOME insight of the department, your rhetoric is unnecessarily aggressive and condescending for no reason. We get it, its a paramilitary organization, the aggressive verbiage is nothing to what us hopefuls will receive in the academy/custody/streets, and I believe that we do not need to be coddled. However, it seems that you internalize our naivety which bring about questions and concerns we have about the Department and process and simply choose to lash out because we are not carrying ourselves in a public forum in what YOU deem a Deputy Sheriff should. If it is that much of a chore or trigger to respond to us, I would suggest for all of our sakes to refrain from doing so at this point. Because, as you said, "most of us on the Department do not know much about what goes on" is indicative that you have no substantial insight to contribute anything of regard. Respectfully.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4713 users online. 256 members and 4457 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X