Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m curious if the applicants that finished their background last year, finished mine in April 2020, will be affected by the new degree requirement. I don’t have an AA and I’m hoping they now don’t DQ me because I lack one.

Comment

• Brandonchen23
      Brandonchen23 commented
      Editing a comment
      They have a new degree requirement?

• Oglestein
      Oglestein commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, as of January 1st you need at least an AA degree.

• Tomala118
      Tomala118 commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I remember, its AA degree or at least 60 units from college classes

• Good Morning,

The new education requirements only apply to those applicants that have submitted their applications after January 1, 2021.

Very Respectfully

Comment

• amillion99
      amillion99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I contacted Deputy Brown less than 2 weeks ago and she confirmed this information.

• Oglestein
      Oglestein commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for clarifying!

• Good Morning Everyone,

I had a conversation with a friend of mine that works at The recruitment unit. LASD does not have the funds for the academy at the moment. It could be another six months until we see an academy.

Very Respectfully

Comment

• amillion99
      amillion99 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s disappointing news, but kind of expected.

• Raptor9708
      Raptor9708 commented
      Editing a comment
      So it basically takes us to the new fiscal year.

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      There goes a lot of us who’s written will expire soon.

• Tomala118
      Tomala118 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is nothing new as we all know this for at least half a year. No need to purposely call recruitment and waste their time. This is the same as what the sheriff said but with sheriff has additional information on them talking and planning with county supervisors. Sheriff is still negotiating with supervisors so there is the most recent update.

• I have been following up with him weekly. As soon as I hear something new, I will let you know.

Very Respectfully

Comment

• Tomala118
      Tomala118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for keep checking with recruitment but however, contacting them weekly will not help and will give them more to do to answer your phone calls. Keep up with the sheriffs live every 2-3 weeks as he updates us on it.

• Tomala118 this is a friend from the gym that work at The LASD recruitment unit. I was his nephew Recruiter when I was in the Army. I have been talking to him directly at the gym and not calling the recruitment unit.

Very Respectfully

Comment

• amillion99
      amillion99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Which would basically mean that this is the most recent and up to date information i’m assuming. At this point it’s safe to say that the majority the 400 of us will not be getting hired this year.

• Raptor9708
      Raptor9708 commented
      Editing a comment
      We'll see what happens in July, that'll be the new fiscal year. I'm hoping the Sheriff can start academies to replace the retirees.

• Grueso
      Grueso commented
      Editing a comment
      We just need to remain optimistic about the future. Our time will come.

• Yesterday I got my conditional offer and scheduled for medical. If there is a “hiring freeze” and no academy dates, why are they pushing people through the process? Just curious.

Comment

• Rotorguy90
      Rotorguy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      They may just be keeping the eligible’s list fresh? I mean a lot of us who have been waiting are approaching our file expiration date and no official word yet about us retaining the offer or an extension possibility. Just a guess

• Quick question, a buddy of mine in our same position just waiting for a date, him and his wife are divorcing. Would he get DQ’d because of this?

Comment

• Raptor9708
      Raptor9708 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that sucks, he might need to contact Deputy Brown and let them know of his situation. My BI told me if anything changes in my profile (positive or negative) like, traffic violation, changed job, or moved to another home/apartment, I would need to call to update it.

• Originally posted by Brandonchen23 View Post
    Quick question, a buddy of mine in our same position just waiting for a date, him and his wife are divorcing. Would he get DQ’d because of this?
    Unless there's some negative behavior involving his divorce, he would only have to update his BI or the background office personnel. They will want a copy of the divorce decree whenever its finalized. That sucks, hasn't even started this career and going through a divorce.
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

• I am currently waiting on the captains interview, signed my conditional offer back in August. I just got a speeding ticket this morning for 27 over ( Passing a car ) How likely is it I get the boot?

Comment

• Tomala118
        Tomala118 commented
        Editing a comment
        just a random thought and not to disrespect you...but 27 over for passing a car? it sounds very extreme to pass a car no matter if you are driving in the parking lot, local or on the freeway.

• Originally posted by Dodger94 View Post
      I am currently waiting on the captains interview, signed my conditional offer back in August. I just got a speeding ticket this morning for 27 over ( Passing a car ) How likely is it I get the boot?
      Do you have any other recent traffic citations or at fault traffic collisions? If you dont then don't worry about it. Inform the background unit nonetheless and quit driving fast.
      sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
      -George Orwell

Comment

• Dodger94
        Dodger94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not recent my last ticket was 5 years ago.

• cruz0311
        cruz0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just advise your background investigator or the backgrounds unit. They'll probably ask you for a statement regarding the incident.

• Sorry to hear we lost a brother today, Deputy Thomas J. Albanese, R.I.P. Sir, prayers to you and your beloved family

Comment

• Sheriff Villanueva will be on live today.

Comment

• amillion99
          amillion99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Still the same update.
          Last edited by amillion99; 03-04-2021, 07:58 PM.

• He said hiring freeze is not over yet.

Comment

• amillion99
          amillion99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe that was in regards to the non-sworn personnel positions. The department is still pushing candidates through the process and i’m curious to see if that’s to fill the upcoming vacancies due to retirements. However, It might also be done in order to replace some candidates who’s written is expiring soon.

• Curious to see if they will extend some of our steps that might expire

Comment

• Be positive future LEOs ! He said they will push everyone through.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3573 users online. 170 members and 3403 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X