Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was dropped from LASD hiring process and inaccurate information is stated on my file. It looks very bad for other agencies. How do I get it off my file? I don't want to appeal the decision, I just want the information off my record and I want them to call my current BI at another agency and tell him that mistakes were made. A word of advice, stay clear from LASD. I applied to be a law enforcement officer and end up with a ruined reputation because of confirmation biases and carelessness.

Comment

• Tomala118
      Tomala118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your BI at the other agency will only look at it as reference and they will give you a chance to explain it to them then they will investigate just like the BI from LASD. So even if the BI from LASD made any mistakes or you don't agree with it, that doesn't necessary mean BI from other agency will look at it the same.

I guess it is up to the BI from the new agency that you apply with to investigate it and if they find the same thing then it will be on you.

• Laredo
      Laredo commented
      Editing a comment
      @sirpopeington if you call the number on the DQ letter and ask for the details they will pull up your file and explain everything. That's how I know, I called them.

Raptor9708 you are forgetting that the BI doesn't make the final decision. My BI at the other agency said he will recommend me for hire. The problem I worry about is that the review panel will make their own views based on what's in my file. They won't necessarily accept me just because the BI advises it. Also, If another agency sees that info on a pre questionnaire, they probably won't even offer me an interview. So I'm screwed. Furthermore, I meant that my LASD BI was careless, not me. Thats not why I got DQ'd. I should point out that based on your own thoughts, you are the one pointing fingers without having enough information lol. I have my information and I can assure you it's not positive criticism but innacurate information.The fact that you think I am at fault here without having definitve evidence suggests you need to step back and check yourself before you use the same kind of prejudgemental through processes against a suspect on the streets. Lastly, if you are using the word "unfortunate" to describe mental challenges, I'm not sure if you are ready to be a LE officer, and I don't advise you use that word to describe LE if you have a meeting with the Psychologist. You should be excited about mentally challenging tasks.

• Raptor9708
      Raptor9708 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you feel that confident about what they did to you, then appeal it. But to start telling people stay away from LASD, it shows to me that when things don't go your way, you're pretty quick to be on the offensive. It's obvious you have some sort of chip on your shoulder. Life is not easy, but I won't continue to be pulled into this debate with you. Let's just agree to disagree. Good Luck at the other agency.

• Laredo
      Laredo commented
      Editing a comment
      Raptor9708 dude look at what you are saying. I'm not only confident about what happened, there is no proof of what they accused me of doing. It's not an opinion. I understand right well life is not easy. Thst doesn't mean you should let people do wrong to you. I'm not offended, I'm at a loss and it's not fair. Anyone in this situation should feel the same if you have dignity. I implore you to think about how you are quick to draw conclusions about my personality based on limited information and a small sample size. Actually, thats what my BI did to me too. Good luck to you also.

• Hey guys so I took my medical 12/7/2020 and my psych 12/9/2020 and have yet to hear back from either, I know it’s a time of uncertainty but mainly i just want to know since i haven’t heard anything back should i assume i passed both or what because i have heard that they are pretty quick with DQ’s.

Comment

• SERG.1995
      SERG.1995 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you haven’t heard anything...then you pretty much passed.
      Last edited by SERG.1995; 02-11-2021, 02:56 PM.

• Raptor9708
      Raptor9708 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the long list of people waiting for Academy consultation!

• Brandonchen23 No news is good news
    Last edited by Grueso; 02-01-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• it sucks that a huge department like LASD isn’t getting properly funded by the Board Of supervisors
      Last edited by SERG.1995; 02-11-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• SERG.1995
        SERG.1995 commented
        Editing a comment
        Currently applying with other agencies. RSO is hiring deputies so is SBCSD
        Last edited by SERG.1995; 02-01-2021, 03:48 PM.

• Sheriff villanueva just went on live and that there’s negotiations going on for one more class but that if our offer expires that we would have to only update what expires. Which would be the credit check and medical right ? Or would it also be psych as well ?

Comment

• amillion99
        amillion99 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a good question, also, didn’t he mention they were negotiating multiple classes in order to fill the vacancies coming March?

• amillion99
        amillion99 commented
        Editing a comment
        edit: repeated comment
        Last edited by amillion99; 02-03-2021, 02:17 PM.

• Sirpopeingtom
        Sirpopeingtom commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it was answered better in the comment. We most likely won’t have to redo phases, just update documents. The deputy commented that if it expires a BI will confirm all information is the same and we may just have to submit documents that have expired (insurance, drivers license etc)

• They’re gonna have to fill the vacancies but I’m sure that they don’t have the budget for the academies. Which sucks but I mean what can we do. I know that they’re negotiating for one class and that’s for maybe 90 at full capacity which I doubt due to covid. But out of the 400 I’m sure there’s some that are either not interested or got another job with another agency.

Comment

• Raptor9708
        Raptor9708 commented
        Editing a comment
        What I got out of that is, he's at least trying to get academies going to replace the 500 - 600+ deputies that are retiring. They are in negotiations with the CO office to try to get that going. I find that as a positive sign or, am I being unrealistic.

• Originally posted by Raptor9708 View Post
      What I got out of that is, he's at least trying to get academies going to replace the 500 - 600+ deputies that are retiring. They are in negotiations with the CO office to try to get that going. I find that as a positive sign or, am I being unrealistic.
      That honestly makes sense. I think you’re right.

Comment

• I’m hoping you guys are right, and that they will extend our offers, have us update our files and keep us in the pipeline. Specially for those of us who are awaiting a captain’s interview and don’t have an AA/AS.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten any updates?

Comment

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just the update from yesterday.

• I just noticed that my written expired on December, but my conditional expires in may. Do you think I would have to reapply or just sign a new conditional offer

Comment

• Yeah, I think everything of mine expired. I took the written, PAT, and poly way back in July 2019.

Comment

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              Carrje when does your conditional offer expire?

• Carrje
              Carrje commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine expired December 26th

• I wish there was a way to pin posts, so everyone would just look at them instead of asking the same questions over and over. So when your packet expires there are several things that need refreshers. For example your references, neighbor contacts and employer contacts are only good for a year. Your written is good for a year. Back when I worked backgrounds we wouldn't get too many refresher packets because of the numbers we were hiring. Once in a while we would get someone who got bounced in the academy and was recommended for rehire we would have to refresh the packet. Now all this right now is uncharted territory because thr Sheriff in essence does not want to call it a full on hiring freeze buy hiring has definitely came to a screeching halt.

Now remember although the Sheriff can get on his Facebook and Instagram and tell everyone he wants to hire 50 thousand deps (im exaggerating lol) ultimately if the money is not there or its reduced then the Department has to pivot and adjust. Like many of us said, there are other departments out there, not sure if I would recommend California or LA County right now for LE work but that's a whole another conversation.
            sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
            -George Orwell

Comment

• amillion99
              amillion99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Appreciate the insight cruz0311. For those of us waiting it’s probably best to just put the idea of getting hired anytime soon into the back of our minds and to focus on other departments. As someone who is young and has the ability to possibly move out of state, what state(s) would you recommend?

• Sirpopeingtom
              Sirpopeingtom commented
              Editing a comment
              To expand on this with a personal experience with Lasd my first time applying. I applied to the agency originally in 2017 and for whatever reason just didn’t make panel, did this time with no change in bg (lol). Anyways, my bg went over a year after meeting my Inv and I had to go back and just update signatures and any expired paperwork (car insurance, credit report etc). I assume it will be the same process.

• If your written test is expired then you would need to re apply with an agency ! I spoke with Elba

Comment

• Carrje
              Carrje commented
              Editing a comment
              I think Deputy Brown would be the one to ask.

• Lasdhopeful27
              Lasdhopeful27 commented
              Editing a comment
              When I last spoke to Elba she really didn’t know much so she transferred me to someone else. When I spoke to the other deputy they just said that we needed to refresh documents.

• I’m talking about your written test , it’s valid for 2 years . If it gets expired , you are done ! And would need to reapply , it’s a fact !

Comment

• Lasdhopeful27
              Lasdhopeful27 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, I got confused I thought for some reason it was only valid for a year.

• Sheriff Villanueva said there's no updates, still in negotiations with the CO'S office. But he did say that they definitely need to have more academy classes to fill out the vacancies, due to deputies retiring on March 31st. Let's cross our fingers that classes start again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4254 users online. 255 members and 3999 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X