Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recommend applying for other departments. I know people that were disqualified from one department but were hired by another.

Very Respectfully
    Last edited by Grueso; 01-07-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      Grueso
      Happens all the time. I'm one of them.

• Grueso
      Grueso commented
      Editing a comment
      In my opinion, that would be the best option instead of wasting time and effort in the appeal process.

Very Respectfully

• How long does is take for them to DQ you during the BG?

Comment

• M198237
      M198237 commented
      Editing a comment
      It depends on how much information is in your BG (how many jobs, dwellings, offenses, etc.) but if there is something obvious it should be right away. Your BG investigator should go over everything they though might be a red flag with you in your BG interview though before they do an intensive dig. If they don’t bring anything up with the information you’ve provided you’re more than likely good to pass.

• Has anyone recently attempted to contact Deputy Brown and/or the background unit about academies?

Comment

• De La Cruz JJ
      De La Cruz JJ commented
      Editing a comment
      I did on November 19. 2020. No new update . Given with Covid at all time high I don’t see academies happening anytime soon.

• I got reassigned back to my previous background investigator this morning.

Comment

• VinhMym
      VinhMym commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man sound like a circle. Well I’m just started my background. Pray

• Originally posted by Luunhatpro View Post
    I got reassigned back to my previous background investigator this morning.
    Is this normal ?

Comment

• Luunhatpro
      Luunhatpro commented
      Editing a comment
      I got reassigned to new BI on September, and now got reassigned back to my previous and original BI. My reinstatement process took 10+ Months and I’m still in the middle of nowhere... lol.

• Sheriff Villanueva went on live today and said that there are negotiations going on regarding the academies. He said that they need to start now due to the 600 deputies retiring.

Comment

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep; you would think most of us should part of replacing those 600 retiring right???

• amillion99
      amillion99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, another deputy in charge of answering questions stated in the comments that those of us waiting will receive news regarding upcoming academies before the end of the month. Hang in there guys/gals.

• Raptor9708
      Raptor9708 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sheriff Villanueva is, at least, sounding optimistic about Academies. Hopefully we do get a call and get going with this. If myself or anyone else gets a call post it here to keep everyone updated.
      Last edited by Raptor9708; 01-15-2021, 06:34 PM.

• Originally posted by Carrje View Post
    Yep; you would think most of us should part of replacing those 600 retiring right???
    Yes, at least that’s what he said

Comment

• Hello there. Due to the covid 19. Are they still doing the ride along or the jail tour?

Comment

• Raptor9708
        Raptor9708 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did both during Covid in June. Did your BI give you the paperwork to take the tours?

• Dodger94
        Dodger94 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was able to do my ride along in July but Jail tour my BI just told me to submit the form online stating I knew what I was signing up for.

• VinhMym
        VinhMym commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi yes she did but I’m a new application just started in October. I reach out to the lasd recruiter and they said due to covid - 19 so they’re not doing it until further notice.

• I was informed Friday by my BI that there will be a hiring freeze or that LASD is in a hiring freeze I’m not 100 % sure but I got an email about a 5 day process and to call my BI ASAP when I called him he informed me of this and said that he has had to make a few of these calls to inform applicants of this freeze. I’m not sure exactly what’s going on or if it’s a select few they will be selecting now but my BI suggested I reapply after the freeze but I have not got an email that I am out of the process and my BI did say I was not DQ’D

Comment

• Luunhatpro
        Luunhatpro commented
        Editing a comment
        Cruz0311, oh I see. LASD background process is different from another agency. I used to told by OC sheriff investigator that they have DQ and non-selected like I mentioned. Thanks for your updated.

• Carrje
        Carrje commented
        Editing a comment
        Cruz0311 have you heard of anything within the department on possible academy’s coming up in the near future?

• cruz0311
        cruz0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        Carrje no I have not. Most department members that are not actively involved in recruitment or backgrounds don't know too much of what's going on in that aspect.

• malcoce2
        malcoce2 commented
        Editing a comment
        cruz0311 I have been in backgrounds since July, for the past 3 months I’ve received an email that says my BI is actively working on my file, then this month I get one regarding the 5 day process. When I spoke on the phone with my BI he told me that due to hiring freeze, Defund police and all he was not able to finish my background package and it has to be finished within a timeframe and that unfortunately I will just have to reapply when the freeze is over. He informed me that I will continue to get the 5 day process email and that I should just ignore it. That’s all that was told to me. I’m honestly not sure exactly what going on but I feel like I’m not being told everything here.

Last edited by PN2121; 01-20-2021, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone here had the poly test at West Covina?

Comment

• Carrje
          Carrje commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that the one off the 10 freeway? If so, I had mine there.

• Raptor9708
          Raptor9708 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did mine there.

• PN2121
          PN2121 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok thanks, I’m taking the poly tomorrow.

• Is anyone else awaiting a captains interview?

Comment

• David.diaz1985
          David.diaz1985 commented
          Editing a comment

• Lasdhopeful27
          Lasdhopeful27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been waiting since may, and I know people who have been waiting for way longer than that

• amillion99
          amillion99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rumor is there are approx. 400 of us waiting for a captains interview.

• Sonofapatriot
          Sonofapatriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I signed my conditional 7/17. Approved for academy mid-august. Still waiting, hopefully we hear something by next week as they wrap up negotiations.

• Sheriff V. will be streaming on FB live today around 11 a.m. Many people will be asking about academies so hopefully we will receive new information today.

Comment

• Tomala118
          Tomala118 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure if I missed any of it but did he provide any information and updates regarding on the upcoming academy?

• Originally posted by Tomala118 View Post
        I'm not sure if I missed any of it but did he provide any information and updates regarding on the upcoming academy?
        I don't believe he mentioned it at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Gerard45 View Post

I don't believe he mentioned it at all
          He didn’t. However, the official LASD FB page was answering questions in the comments and stated that they are still working to negotiate a class (i’m guessing as in a single class) for the year of 2021. They also claimed they’ll have more news by next week.

Comment

• Tomala118
            Tomala118 commented
            Editing a comment
            oh perfect! thanks! stay safe everyone!

• Grueso
            Grueso commented
            Editing a comment
            They have been in negotiations since October. Last year around August a close friend in the Department told me about the possibility of a two years hiring freeze, I’m starting to believe this may be true.

• amillion99
            amillion99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Grueso Yeah it definitely feels that way. Like what deputies have been saying before, it’s probably for the best to just assume we aren’t going to be hired on anytime soon and apply to other agencies/departments.

• Grueso
            Grueso commented
            Editing a comment
            @amillion, I concur. Even if they have one class, there will be somewhere between 30 to 75 selected for that; with over 400 people pending CPT interviews and the ones currently in the process, the best bet is to apply for other agencies.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4048 users online. 256 members and 3792 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X