300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lacorecruit View Post

My background process seemed to go by pretty quick. About 2-3 weeks after the interview my parents got a visit from backgrounds asking about me. I believe my BI is holding my profile until he gets word on when the next academies are to be expected. In other words, my background packet is complete, but not yet submitted so I couldn’t tell you how long the BI process is. It may vary for each candidate
    Oh ok thanks. What documents do you need to bring beside the check list that the BI listed on the forms to bring original documents? Do you make a copy before submit to them? I know is said original and copy. However, I alway feels like the BI won’t take ur copy and they will make a copy of your original documents when you meet them.
    Last edited by VinhMym; 12-02-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
      CCxSOCAL commented
      Editing a comment
      To be brutally honest, every BI is different and has their own preferences. Some will take your copies as hard copies on file in addition to ehire. Some will insist on only utilizing the ehire portal. Its very person to person.

To be prepared I would upload the the original documents onto ehire prior to the interview and have the original documents on hand at the time of your interview. Documents are referring to the checklist.

Our process will be different from yours. All the preparations you try to do can help but may not be true upon your appointments.

• Grueso
      Grueso commented
      Editing a comment
      CCxSOCAL you are right, I had to do both, upload the documents to ehire and hard copies to the interview.

• So how many of us on this forum are still waiting for pre academy consultation, besides myself.
    Last edited by Raptor9708; 12-02-2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Gerard45
      Gerard45 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been waiting since April

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      March for me. I originally had a date for an academy that started on May 28th. Then everything happened and they shortened the classes. I didn’t make the cut.

• Raptor9708
      Raptor9708 commented
      Editing a comment
      What I don't understand as to why, with all this going on, are they still allowing 100 applicants each month. There's around 400 of us still waiting for an academy. Well at least they're going to extend our conditional offer when it expires, hopefully. Please let us know when or if they extend it.

• Gerard45
      Gerard45 commented
      Editing a comment
      My guess is to keep a steady flow of applicants.. there may be 400 of us waiting but some may decide to drop out, change careers, move to another state or get hired with someone else and so on..

Especially with all thats going on im sure many have moved on entirely from LASD and focused on smaller departments

• Originally posted by VinhMym View Post

Oh ok thanks. What documents do you need to bring beside the check list that the BI listed on the forms to bring original documents? Do you make a copy before submit to them? I know is said original and copy. However, I alway feels like the BI won’t take ur copy and they will make a copy of your original documents when you meet them.

thanks. Do they ask for ur Ppast style photo again? I upload most of al the documents on the ehire already. Not sure if they gonna ask when meeting. I know lapd did take 4 photos during the background. Just wanna get everything check before going. ✍

Comment

• Just called Elba and she said that when the offer expires that the whole file expires, but pre employment said that we’d only have to update the expired documents. I’m not sure who’s right....

Comment

• Raptor9708
        Raptor9708 commented
        Editing a comment
        I spoke with Sgt. Brown on Monday and she told me that they'll extend our conditional offer. Maybe you should call her and hopefully tells you the same thing she told me.If you decide to call, let us know what she says please.
        Last edited by Raptor9708; 12-04-2020, 11:23 AM.

• Raptor9708
        Raptor9708 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lasdhopeful27 Wow, ok. So that means if the file expires we would have to start the process all over again. I don't understand why she would tell me something totally different.

• I just called her and she told me the same thing. That the file gets deleted which I find super strange. I don’t think that they would let the money that they spent on 400 people go to waste..

Comment

• Originally posted by Raptor9708 View Post
        Lasdhopeful27 Wow, ok. So that means if the file expires we would have to start the process all over again. I don't understand why she would tell me something totally different.
        Maybe she was confused

Comment

• Im thinking you guys think there's a rhyme or reason as to how the County and the Department do things. At this time no one really knows what is going on. To most of us on the Department, it feels like there's a hring and movement freeze, even though the big boss is trying his hardest to not call it a freeze. I would suggest to quit stressing, all of this is out of your guys' hands anyhow. Worst case scenario you have to reapply and start over, best case you would have to do an update on your background. As a former BI, anytime you have a severe lag time between your background investigation and date of hire, your run the risk of undisclosed conduct or crimes coming up.

Me personally I would of been looking already at other Departments, no way would I put my life on hold for a Department that doesnt even know what it holds in the near future and that would replace you at the drop of a dime.
          sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
          -George Orwell

Comment

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            There's no stressing from me, just a little confused as to why they'll say one thing one day and another thing a few days later. As for me, if it happens that's Great and if not, try again somewhere else. But also, now this is just what I've been hearing elsewhere, it's not only happening at LASD, the same thing is going on at other agencies. By the way, thank you for your insight. It's cool to hear it from someone from inside the department.

• Raptor9708 no one knows exactly about our next academy date yet but it will happen in smaller numbers vs. 8 academies in the past. Continue to work hard on your physical fitness, study the LASD radio codes, understand the LASD paramilitary styles(facing movements, every question will begin with Sir/Ma’am recruit Raptor requesting permission to speak to Deputy(name)Sir/Ma’am. Once they acknowledged then Sir/Ma’am.....state your question.......Sir/Ma’am. When you are done with question/answer then Sir/Ma’am will that be all Sir/Ma’am. If they said that will be all then Sir/Ma’am yes Sir/Ma’am.

Comment

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            @Starz2697In thanks for the info, good to know.

• Quick question I am waiting for my captains interview but I can’t get ahold of my bi for this question, I wanted to get a half sleeve tattoo, who would I need to call to update them about the tattoo

Comment

• cruz0311
            cruz0311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Call the main background line. Number should be om the face page of your PHS.

• Things should be interesting in the coming weeks/months.

Comment

• Grueso
            Grueso commented
            Editing a comment
            Why is that? If you do not mind me asking.

Very Respectfully
            Last edited by Grueso; 12-21-2020, 07:36 PM.

• Originally posted by Grueso View Post
          Why is that? If you do not mind me asking.

Very Respectfully
          because the sheriff stated that there could possibly be an academy in feburary. So some of us should get an email soon, if they decide to have it.

Comment

• Carrje
            Carrje commented
            Editing a comment
            When did he say that?

• Grueso
            Grueso commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope we all get selected for that class. Especially the applicants that have been waiting for over a year.

Very Respectfully

• Originally posted by Carrje View Post
          When did he say that?
          He said it on fb live, the last live stream that he had. He said he wants to have one in February and March.

Comment

• Carrje
            Carrje commented
            Editing a comment
            I would not get our hopes up. Any of us.

• Congrats to class 454 on graduating today! Hopefully that day will come sooner rather than later for those of us eagerly waiting.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything about anything? Rumors, or anything about an upcoming academy?

Comment

• amillion99
            amillion99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven’t heard anything yet, we will likely have to wait till mid january to start hearing any new information.

• I was dropped from LASD backgrounds because my background investigator came to an invalid conclusion and made biased assumptions. Who do I talk to about this?

Comment

• Luunhatpro
            Luunhatpro commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess in 2021 they will eliminate the applicant and pick up the top one only because of the budget and the minimum requirement will change to college degree.

• Gerard45
            Gerard45 commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly I don’t think there is anyone you really can talk to and get the sort of answer you may be looking for. Whatever was in the DQ letter is pretty much all you may get. I know it sucks but its kind of the name of the game. You can try calling your BI or backgrounds but I wouldn’t expect an in depth explanation as to why you were dropped..

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear that but, what Invalid conclusion was that?

• CarNCydDad
            CarNCydDad commented
            Editing a comment
            Although many people discourage it, you can file an appeal if you believe your were treated unfairly. Some people say you will be “black balled” from other LE agencies if you go that route. I’m not sure what actually happens when you file an appeal though

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6877 users online. 372 members and 6505 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X