300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewpoint from a decades long career regarding hiring:

We have gone through many periods of massive hiring and then little to no hiring (with an occasional deep freeze here and there for good measure)

We are hitting the 25-30+ year mark of one of those phases of massive hiring (I am part of that); we are seeing massive retirements now (and will continue to for several years) simply due to people hitting retirement age

Hiring freezes (if they go on for too long) create a ripple effect of building up a massive number of vacancies (even if we arent hiring, retirements/terminations/resignations continue on each and every day....when we start hiring again after a freeze, we are now down hundreds of bodies which results in massive hiring and OT.....rinse and repeat every decade or so

We are also seeing more than a few younger deputies packing it in and either completely leaving LE entirely, or packing up and moving their families out of this state and starting over elsewhere

Long story short; even if we end up in a full hiring freeze, we will eventually have to start running academy classes again

The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• During today’s FB live, Sheriff Villanueva had commented that we may possibly see the remaining 2 academies start in February and March. I’m curious to see how many of the applicants from the awaiting 400+ are selected and if those of us who’s packets will expire if not selected for those 2 classes will be made to reapply or if we will be afforded the opportunity to update our files and continue to await any possible future classes.

Comment

• Feb/March is right around when candidate’s, who have been waiting the longest, conditional offers will expire. My guess is that those candidates will be the first in line to get into those academies.

Comment

• My background investigator once told me everyone is rated into groups. So with two academies it is likely they will be selective on this one and not so much go in order of application.

Comment

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            When did they tell you this? There's people who have been waiting for awhile.

• Carrje
            Carrje commented
            Editing a comment
            They’re probably pick the best candidates regardless of the order.

• Carrje exactly. If there is only two academies left they are going to go through the applications and choose the best candidates regardless of people who have been waiting the longest or shortest.

Comment

• Surfer244 what do you think makes a good candidate? Like; what do you think they’re going to go off of to choose the candidates?

Comment

• Carrje

This is complete speculation and just things I think they would base a candidate off of.

1. written test score
              2. physical agility test scores
              3. Interviews
              4. grammar from the writing assignments
              5. job experience
              6. Any form of college education
              7. Military experience
              8. Background Investigators overall recommendation of the applicant.
              9. background related items.
              10. credit score
              11. life experience
              12. Psych evaluation/test

Remember they are investing in an applicant by putting you through the academy on their own dime so it’s important especially with limited spots that they choose the best applicants.

Comment

• When do you think they’ll do the captain interviews for the supposed February class ? I really hope I get put in that one... I have a clean background, college education, excellent pat and written...

Comment

• Lasdhopeful27 I don’t know, hopefully soon. I just hope we all get in since I know the 400 applicants are really good applicants. I’m just guessing at this point guys so don’t take my word off how they will pick. It could be in application order but who knows.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3748 users online. 223 members and 3525 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X