Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same. Reassigned on 8/31 and have yet to be contacted.

Comment

• Jjg23
      Jjg23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you done your physical and psych? The last step I completed was the polygraph.

• DBB80
      DBB80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Completed poly and my first BI sent out reference emails... that’s it!

• Originally posted by DBB80 View Post
    Same. Reassigned on 8/31 and have yet to be contacted.
    Just wanna ask. When they reassigned you. Did they sent out email saying that your new BI will be another person ?

Comment

• DBB80
      DBB80 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received an email from my current BI stating I was going to be reassigned. Shortly after I received an email from ehire stating I had been reassigned, along with the name of my new BI, and that they would be reaching out shortly.

• VinhMym
      VinhMym commented
      Editing a comment
      DBB80 oh ok thanks. Yeah I’m still waiting on the background interview with the BI. She said will calls me this week to schedule it so I’m just been looking at the phone like

• Our future lands today guys ! I hope you voted no on Prop J ! LASD can not get defunded !

Comment

• Jjg23
      Jjg23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it passed

• It looks like Measure J is passing by a large margin , and Gascon is far ahead in the DAs race as well

The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• cruz0311
      cruz0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      Both are no good for the Department and for the residents of LA County.

• Cruz....not at all....people are going to find out the hard way that elections have consequences

Rumor mill is at the minimum, all the way back to classes in the low 440s will be gone

If you are in the hiring process, I would be looking elsewhere for awhile
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• moparfan
      moparfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Rumors are his years on the job.
      I've been telling folks "Go out of state if young enough and apply. Pensions are about the same across the country"

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      moparfan it’s not that easy, a lot of us have already went through this brutal process and thought we were at the finish line. I know people that are already deputies have a different outlook, because they already made it in. It’s not easy for us to just give up hope on something most of us wanted our whole lives and we felt like we were so close to it. We probably won’t get hired, but to just give up hope because a deputy tires to give it to us “straight forward” is stupid.

• amillion99
      amillion99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Carrje what makes you think the 400 of us won't get hired? LASD will have to push through candidates at least at some point. it might take a year, but it will eventually happen. Obviously some of our Conditional Offers will be expiring in the coming months, but I'm sure the department has accounted for this. Keep your head up man!

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      amillion99 I hope so man. I’m keeping hope. Even though some peeps try and not make it seems like there’s no hope.

• I applogize in advance if this question is already answered. I had my psychological evaluation and medical last month. When I spoke to my BI last time he told me that there are no academy scheduled at this moment. Do you know if they are running academy right now or scheduled soon?

Comment

• armond111
      armond111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Class 453 and 454 are ongoing right now and class 455 starts mid November. There are no classes as of now after 455

• Grueso
      Grueso commented
      Editing a comment
      Sheriff Villanueva said there will be two more classes after the one this month. However, I do not know how they are selecting applicant to fill these classes. For example, I know people waiting for a class for almost a year. And I know people who started the academy one month after completing medical.

Very Respectfully

• 455 starts tomorrow. After that who knows with this budget and Measure J passing

Carrje if you can't handle the straightness then this ain't the profession or department for you. If you haven't learned anything from reading this thread then you need to move on. There are other Departments out there. Yes the great smoke and mirrors of you can be SEB, an elite Homicide Detective or Aero pilot, the truth is over 100s of guys applying for those spots VERY FEW GET SELECTED. Yes our department offers things others don't not. But that can be said about all departments. The brutal fact it should not take a year to get hires period. So please do my and my partners a favor if you can't handle straight forwardness then please bounce.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, I could’ve bet every single penny I own that was exactly what you were going to say.

• moparfan
      moparfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad that wasn't ALOT. What drives you to work LASD? There are hundreds of departments in the state that all offer things other don't.

• You should be receiving mailed information regarding your background investigation shortly.

What does this mean?

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
      CCxSOCAL commented
      Editing a comment
      That usually means you will be receiving your disqualification letter soon. Thats what others in this thread have reported

• GeoZhou
      GeoZhou commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that is correct. I got the same email and weeks later got the DQ letter.

• Grueso
      Grueso commented
      Editing a comment
      Do not lose hope; there's always the United States Army, we are always hiring.

Very Respectfully

• The county is in the process of shutting down and curtailing the following units:

PDC South Facility
    ALL of Parks Bureau
    ALL of Community College Bureau

Parks Bureau may get a last minute reprieve, but it could go either way

All three of these units constitute hundreds of bodies; for any of the units that get shut down, the people assigned there will get 'job faired' and sent to occupy vacancies throughout the Department

Comment

• Basically, there’s not going to be any room for any new recruits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrje View Post
        Basically, there’s not going to be any room for any new recruits?
        For awhile at least, probably not.....there are already several hundred applicants that have passed everything and are waiting for a class (dont know if you are in that boat or not)

Depending on exactly how many positions we lose due to Measure J passing (the main number being thrown around was 1500) and exactly how quickly those positions have to be cut will determine if layoffs have to happen or not

Once all those positions are filled and we actually have vacancies again, then hiring might start up (or not)

The bright light for someone in your shoes is the huge amount of retirements we will be having over the next 4-5 years

Vacancies dont always mean academy classes though; I have seen this cycle numerous times over my career....sometimes those vacancies get up to the 1000-1500 level before the classes start back up

Comment

• Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

For awhile at least, probably not.....there are already several hundred applicants that have passed everything and are waiting for a class (dont know if you are in that boat or not)
          So what happens to those of us in that group, especially those heading into a year mark from when completing everything? Is it a whole new application process we have to go through?

And secondly why hasn't the department gone on a complete freeze? I would think new recruits would be the first to get axed but they are still processing current applicants and 100 applicants a month.

Comment

• LA DEP
            LA DEP commented
            Editing a comment
            "last hired/first fired" applies....so yes, if layoffs occur they will be mandated by civil service rules to start with the last graduated class and work backwards from there

• Im not LASD personnel so this is just opinion based comments from me.
          For FISCALYEAR 2020-2021 I believe there was a dedicated part of the budget set for four DST classes. At this time I believe only 1 of those 4 has actually started as planned. That leaves 3...(455 is filled and is awaiting approval to start so really leaves 2) that are budgeted and funds are still available for. The classes are in limbo now due to BoS/CEO negotiations other stuff such as Measure J..
          Applications will remain to keep a steady pool of applicants ready..back in the day hiring would take maybe 2 years to complete the process.

Comment

• Hi future LEOs,

My two cents...don't worry about what you can't control, prepare yourself with the things you can. That said:

LASD will be running a currently ongoing recruit class through the scenario portion of the academy and we need some role players. It's a volunteer opportunity that will allow you to get a first hand view and valuable insight into one of the final testing portions of the academy (be it LASD or any POST academy).

Role players essentially will act as either subject, victim, or reporting party, in a call for service that the recruit will be required to handle. You'll be briefed on what to do beforehand so no experience necessary at all. You will likely be searched and cuffed. It'll be an easygoing environment for you, and you'll be fed some good food and there will be snacks all day.

Days are 12/7 & 12/8 and you can attend either or both days. PM me if interested for more info.
            Thank you.
            Last edited by lingua; 11-21-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCxSOCAL View Post
              Im not LASD personnel so this is just opinion based comments from me.
              For FISCALYEAR 2020-2021 I believe there was a dedicated part of the budget set for four DST classes. At this time I believe only 1 of those 4 has actually started as planned. That leaves 3...(455 is filled and is awaiting approval to start so really leaves 2) that are budgeted and funds are still available for. The classes are in limbo now due to BoS/CEO negotiations other stuff such as Measure J..
              Applications will remain to keep a steady pool of applicants ready..back in the day hiring would take maybe 2 years to complete the process.
              The $$$ may be there and allocated for the classes.....the roadblock is BOS who are now mandating that every 'hire' body has to be approved now.....

The reserve program/academy almost got axed due to that, and the reserves cost the county $1 a year,.....a lot of this is politics

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3715 users online. 180 members and 3535 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X