Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What basic LEO equipment (duty weapon, Sam brown....) does LASD give at the academy and after graduation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gone2Deep View Post
      What basic LEO equipment (duty weapon, Sam brown....) does LASD give at the academy and after graduation?
      Most of your basic required equipment (Sam Browne and gear, duty weapon ect; a couple of sets of uniforms) is provided for the academy....the major exceptions being your business/professional attire and boots/shoes

Pistol/shotgun ammo for academy training is also provided (roughly 5k pistol)

After graduation, very little in the way of personal equipment is provided, with the exception of your vest for patrol use

What the department does provide is an $1500 uniform allowance check each December
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• Gone2Deep
        Gone2Deep commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Sir!

• Ccorona01
        Ccorona01 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are required to purchase Class B uniforms (at least 3) for the academy, they are not provided. You will get 1 class A uniform upon graduation. You will be spending $$ in the academy for equipment! (Boots, flashlight(s), books, handcuffs, keys, other little things and class dues). Gun, gun belt, OC spray, VC & PC books are provided.

• Starting January 2021 LASD is going to require a minimum of an AA degree to apply. What does that mean for us who are already in the process without a degree ?

Comment

• moparfan
        moparfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Really you answered your own question..... " STARTING 2021 LASD WILL REQUIRE A AA/AS TO APPLY!!!" Uuummmm if your in the process that would mean you have APPLIED and done a written or something.

• Gone2Deep
        Gone2Deep commented
        Editing a comment
        See the attached article on some of the background rational for higher degrees for LEO
        https://theconversation.com/5-reason...degrees-140523

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Guess I better apply by December 31 11:59pm lol

• Originally posted by Misfit16 View Post
      Starting January 2021 LASD is going to require a minimum of an AA degree to apply. What does that mean for us who are already in the process without a degree ?
      Interesting, where did you hear this?

Comment

• TeddyTheDeputy
        TeddyTheDeputy commented
        Editing a comment
        Sheriff Villanueva has been talking about this for several weeks now.

• Hello, I'm currently in the process and just this passed month I found out via the hotline that I passed my medical/psyche. What I am wondering is the likelihood i'll be hired on. I'm currently only 20 years old (turning 21 in less than a month) and have no college experience. Is it common for candidates to pass all of the required steps (besides the captains interview) and still not get hired on? Any feedback or info is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comment

• armond111
        armond111 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you passed medical and psych you’re in bro. The captains interview is basically an orientation. Congrats

• amillion99 how did they contact you? Was it by email or phone? I've been waiting 3 weeks, I called last week and left a voice-mail concerning my results and no response. Hopefully it's still no news is good news.

Comment

• Grueso
        Grueso commented
        Editing a comment
        Call Linda, she will tell you over the phone.

• Just found out I passed both med/psyche. Now I'm waiting for a pre-academy consultation. I know I'm going to be in a long line of other candidates that have been waiting also but, in the mean time, how can I buy my LD's. Or I'm I getting to far ahead of myself.

Comment

• armond111
        armond111 commented
        Editing a comment
        Too far ahead of yourself

• JswenDST
        JswenDST commented
        Editing a comment
        you can buy the LD's through fedex but if I were you I would wait until I have a confirmed academy date because LD's can update.... just study radio codes and phonetic alphabet

• Just heard Sheriff Villanueva say on FB live that the October class has been canceled and the November class is going to be off the streeters and other participating agencies. He said it was not looking very good but there still two academies for this current fiscal year.

Comment

• Carrje
        Carrje commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. Not looking good for us at all.

• Raptor9708
        Raptor9708 commented
        Editing a comment
        We need to vote out or recall everyone on the B.O.S. They're just a waste of tax payers money.

• My background investigator was reassigned so they don’t work in backgrounds anymore. I have been in the process for a while, passed my medical and psych in March. The only step I had left was getting my Captains interview. Anyone know what happens since my BI was reassigned? Also, anything I can do right now instead of just waiting around? For example any pre academy classes I don’t know about or any volunteer things. Just want myself exposed and make sure they know that I am still passionate about this career.

Comment

• Oglestein
        Oglestein commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the exact same boat as you. Honestly man, I’d say your best bet is to try another agency. Don’t put all your eggs in LASD, it’s not looking good. I would of liked working for LASD but I’m about to get picked up from a local PD in a couple of weeks. If not, stay fit and be ready to wait. I heard there are 400+ people approved for academies right now.

• CCxSOCAL
        CCxSOCAL commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have received a conditional offer that means your background investigation was cleared/ you passed backgrounds. Now you have to wait it out along with the 400 of us as Ogle said.

• Good morning, so I took my polygraph test for LASD on Oct 2. After the test. The examiner only told me that “your graph look normal, but I have to submit to quality control for them to be approved” he only advice me that my background investigator will reach out to me for my result. Is been a week already since the day I took my polygraph. Anyone on here that just recently took the polygraph and know how they is will take for result? Thank you -)

Comment

• Gerard45
        Gerard45 commented
        Editing a comment
        You likely passed especially if the examiner said it looked normal.

• VinhMym
        VinhMym commented
        Editing a comment
        Gerard45 I hope -). Should I reach out to the BI? Or should I just wait? I know due to all this crazy stuff going around right now. They probably extremely busy.

• Gerard45
        Gerard45 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would say to wait on it.. they are pretty quick to let people know if they don’t pass and since its already been some time you are likely good. Have you met with your BI yet?

• VinhMym
        VinhMym commented
        Editing a comment
        Gerard45 no sir but the BI did reach out to me this afternoon saying she calls me on Oct 1 and haven’t heard from me so wonder if I’m still interesting in the process. I did email back to her explains that I never receive any phone calls or missed calls on that day. And that I’m waiting for her to reach out for the interview. I will reach out to her again tomorrow to set up the meeting. I just pick up a full time jobs from EDD work from home. Still in training at this moment so I will probably have to request hours off that day to meet with her.

• Most likely you passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Donetskiy21 View Post
        Most likely you passed
        thank you sir. I hope -) still waiting on the BI to give me a Go.

Comment

• Delete ........

Comment

• Is anyone out there still optimistic that any of us are actually still going to get hired on?

Comment

• icu721
              icu721 commented
              Editing a comment
              What other way would they do it @carrje?

And to be quite honest with you all, seeeing how the situation is, it is highly unlikely LASD will go back into full hiring mode, so academy dates will be sparse. You're all in line with at least 400 other applicants who have been waiting longer than you.

If you want to get sworn in within the next year, LASD is not for you. Look elsewhere.

• Carrje
              Carrje commented
              Editing a comment
              icu721, So, is your answer a yes or a No? We all already know everything you just stated.

• icu721
              icu721 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, if you wait. No, in the near future.

• CadetJosh
              CadetJosh commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been waiting for an academy since March 3rd. Im still hopeful.

• Has anyone here still not been contacted by their reassigned BI? I was reassigned one since September and e-mail and called him and still haven’t heard back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5578 users online. 330 members and 5248 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X