300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raptor9708 View Post
    Are they going to send you to a Hearing in noise test? The Dr. told me that I had abnormal hearing in my right ear. I was surprised when he told me that. Never had issues with my hearing and now I need to do this test.
    Yes same as you, never had a problem before the medical. I’ll message you on what I know as I couldn’t find anything online regarding if departments hire with hearing problems/ hearing aids when I found out too. The doctors are very knowledgeable about it since they see it all the time but you need to ask specific questions.
    In case anyone wants to know they do hire you but like everything its on case-by-case basis so I’m hoping for the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by cruz0311 View Post

It means he/she is going to submit it for administrative review because there are some issues with your file that need to be reviewed by the higher ups, they make the determination if you move forward in the process. And he/she is does not have to submit it right away, they can submit it whenever. Most of the time its submitted as soon as its practical. I don't know if you think your the only applicant your background investigator has to deal with, but because of the volume of applicants they have, nothing moves to fast.
      I'm no BI, but I'm pretty sure they can't submit it "whenever" they want. They have a job to do and are required to keep things rolling, not just do things as they please. Also, how can you be sure that's what he is doing? He already gave me invalid information one time, how can we know he's sending my file up or not. Lastly, I didn't ask you to try and guess what I'm thinking. I would say thanks for your input, but if you're going to have an attitude when someone asks a question, I don't condone that kind of behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laredo View Post

I'm no BI, but I'm pretty sure they can't submit it "whenever" they want. They have a job to do and are required to keep things rolling, not just do things as they please. Also, how can you be sure that's what he is doing? He already gave me invalid information one time, how can we know he's sending my file up or not. Lastly, I didn't ask you to try and guess what I'm thinking. I would say thanks for your input, but if you're going to have an attitude when someone asks a question, I don't condone that kind of behavior.
        I tend to to be to the point and give it to people straight. If you perceive that as me having attitude then I don't know what to tell you. I have intricate knowledge of the hiring process as I was a BI for 3 years. I gave it to my applicants straight and wouldnt beat around the bush, most of the time they would thank me for it. Administrative review is another word for I am submitting your file for possible DQ. And yes my statement on "whenever" was broad, for that I apologize, a BI has a year to submit a file, so he or she can pretty much sit on it for a while and then submit it for admin review. Normally it goes up to the team seargent first, then it will go downtown to the operations sergeant and operations lieutenant, who sign off on the DQ or kick it back for further investigation. Just FYI depending on what happens in November, we are hearing possible layoffs to meet with our budget demands. In my 14 years with the Department, I have never heard that before. Good luck to you!
        sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
        -George Orwell

Comment

• cruz0311
          cruz0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, there are local elections being held that certainly can affect our Department. Look up the "re-imagine LA" proposal from the LA County Board of Supervisors.

• Laredo
          Laredo commented
          Editing a comment
          I dont mind getting it straight, just could have done without the "i dont know if you think you are the only applicant" sarcasm. Sorry man. I'm just fed up with everything at the moment. Our public health system is incompetent, our city leaders are incompetent, and the law enforcement agency im applying for isnt being straight up with me. Something has got to give. Do you know if once my BI is finished, can they transfer my file to another department and I pick up where I left off? Incase LASD ends up not hiring?

Thanks

• GeoZhou
          GeoZhou commented
          Editing a comment
          So is Administrative review basically meaning automatic DQ? Are there any case where Administrative review ending in not DQ?

• cruz0311
          cruz0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          GeoZhou it normally means there are concerns with your file that can lead to a DQ. The BI writes them up in a summary then presents it to the team sergeant. If the team Sgt. buys off on it then it goes to the operations sgt and Lt. They make the determination if the file gets DQ. Are there files that get kicked back to the BI for further investigation, yes but the percentage is small.

For example, I remember submitting a file for admin review that had several past employment issues. The operations sgt felt i had to do further investigation on it. So I had to hit the pavement and go speak with his past employers in person, well needless to say they did not mince any words and with that information it solidified the DQ.

• There's nothing stopping you from applying to other agencies. I applied to over 15 agencies at the same time and only got 2 conditional offers. Each agency has their own standards/requirements so they can't just hand off someone.

Comment

• Laredo
          Laredo commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes there is. The ones around me have stopped hiring.

• Laredo You start from scratch at every department you apply with. Nothing carries over. A department will look over packets that have been turned in to other departments to see if everything is consistent. But each and every agency will make up their own mind if they want to hire you or not.

​​​​​​​If you are having issues on how things are going with LASD then move on. Nothing changes on this department. They take their time with everything, get over it.
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• Raptor9708
          Raptor9708 commented
          Editing a comment
          According to Sheriff Villanueva, apart from the class that's happening in October, there will be two more academy classes happening sometime in the coming months. Dates are to be determined, if the board of supervisors don't interfere again.

• moparfan
          moparfan commented
          Editing a comment
          LA DEP that October class from what I've heard is set with the folks that were supposed start this last Aug 10. It's a mixture of fresh bodies to the department and CAs and SOs.

• Luunhatpro
          Luunhatpro commented
          Editing a comment
          Not only October class. All academy classes are mixed of fresh body to the department, people who was promoted to DST from CAs and SOs, several recycled recruits from previous class, and some recruits from local police department.

• moparfan
          moparfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Luunhatpro wow really I would've have never know that academy classee are a mix of all that. Oh what I would know been on over 12 years now, how bout you?

• Is that in addition to the two scheduled in April time next year possibly?

Comment

• I hope there’s 2 in April because my offer expires in may. And by that time they say that they’ll be at least 500 of us waiting.

Comment

• Hey guys, will they notify an applicant if they passed medical and psych even if there is not a date for an academy. Or is it no news good news type of scenario

Comment

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would hope so. Just waiting to hear back about my results.

• Gerard45
              Gerard45 commented
              Editing a comment
              After two weeks I called Elba and she notified me that I had passed both med and psych. However if its been a while since you took those tests and haven't heard anything then you should be okay but I would call to just get confirmation.

• Grueso
              Grueso commented
              Editing a comment
              I called after three weeks, Linda was very helpful and let me know the results right away over the phone.

• Hey guys, does being reassigned to another investigator mean anything?? I was supposed to meet mine tomorrow but just got a call saying i got my case reassigned.

Comment

• Misfit16
              Misfit16 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got an email stating the same thing today. Been in backgrounds since May and my original BI had emailed me in June that he would be turning in my background packet to his supervisors by the end of July.

• Originally posted by Eparga23 View Post
            Hey guys, does being reassigned to another investigator mean anything?? I was supposed to meet mine tomorrow but just got a call saying i got my case reassigned.
            A majority of the BI have been temporarily reasigned to other assignments because the slow down of hiring. Things are not looking too good for us, we will see how this local election goes in November.
            sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
            -George Orwell

Comment

• Are clean-cut beards allowed in the academy? I've had one throughout the interview and testing process but the packet for the academy specifically mentioned no mustaches, but nothing about beards. Can someone in a recent academy please clarify?

Comment

• Grueso
                Grueso commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely not, you are expected to have a clean shave every morning.

• Califia
                Califia commented
                Editing a comment
                I appreciate the insight. Clean shave it will be.

• Originally posted by Califia View Post
              Are clean-cut beards allowed in the academy? I've had one throughout the interview and testing process but the packet for the academy specifically mentioned no mustaches, but nothing about beards. Can someone in a recent academy please clarify?
              Great way to get your class smoked and be that guy

Comment

• Originally posted by dctalk523 View Post

Great way to get your class smoked and be that guy
                Good to know. Clean shaved it is.

Comment

• Has anyone heard any news/updates on when the wheels nights start moving ? I've been waiting since Apr 2020

Comment

• Oglestein
                    Oglestein commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No news yet. I’d look into applying to another agency as a backup plan. I’m currently starting backgrounds with a local PD because I didn’t want to put all my eggs into LASD. I’ve also been waiting since April!

• My case was also reassigned but haven’t received any emails or calls from my new BI. I started the hiring process in April.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3466 users online. 162 members and 3304 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X