Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of any other agencies that are actually hiring right now?

Comment

• Go to government jobs and check it out

Comment

• https://post.ca.gov/Law-Enforcement-Jobs
        sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
        -George Orwell

Comment

• For the medical portion, do they measure your height/weight ratio. I am currently 8 lbs. over and I have until Wednesday to lose it. Along with cardio I'm lifting weights but don't seem to be losing these nagging 8 lbs. Anyone with info please let me know, thanks.

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
            CCxSOCAL commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes during your medical your height/weight will be taken. In early 2020 the BMI Index was no longer being used to determine eligibility, meaning if you were over or under it didnt matter. In the past if you over/under you would be given a notice with an appropriate time to redo medical if failed BMI Index. For example if your 10 pounds over BMI, you were given about 5 weeks to lose 2lbs a week. After that 5 week you could retake the BMI Medical test. But it should no longer be an issue if your over/under unless there was very very recent changes

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks again!!

• Got my background meet 9/1. Do you think the investigator might start before we meet on my investigation ?

Comment

• Grueso
            Grueso commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure if the background investigation will start before the meeting, I can only speak based on my experience. My Background Investigation started the same day I met with my BI. It took a little over 3 months to complete my investigation from the day of the meeting.

Very Respectfully

• hey guys,
          by any chance, does anyone have experience on what happens next after receiving an email stating that .08 case disposition was to submitted to Ehire portal. I have not heard anything since february, this is the first time since then that i receive or hear anything. for that matter. does anyone know what that means? anyone experienced this? or experiencing this? thanks all.

Comment

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            That means they are going to start contacting your employer and your contacts. If they haven't already.

• CCxSOCAL
            CCxSOCAL commented
            Editing a comment
            .08 case disposition email means that your BI has added something into your file. Doesn't mean anything else. Usually around that time your BI will contact you more often as they are actively working on your file

• Wonderboy
            Wonderboy commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you both....

• What exercises do they have you do in the medical exam.

Comment

• Grueso
            Grueso commented
            Editing a comment
            The exercises are on the medical form that they sent you

• Hello everyone, does anyone know or have known someone with red green color deficiency that has applied to the department? Thanks in advance

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
            CCxSOCAL commented
            Editing a comment
            I will send you a PM

• I have a question for the group.

Is PT still being conducted at the COC campus on Mondays and Wednesdays?

Very Respectfully

Comment

• Raptor9708
            Raptor9708 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you talking about pre academy workouts? If so, they suspended the workouts until further notice.

• I recently had a meeting with my BI. He told me that I didnt pass my polygraph and that I was being deceptive. During the interview, he doubted almost every answer that I gave him. Or at least that's what his emotions were communicating to me. After the interview, I had to write statements about things he found problematic, like financial issues. He then told me he had to submit my file to an administrative review so that I can go back to take a poly if cleared. I then asked to speak to his boss, to raise issues that I have about the polygraph. The seargent came in and told me I won't be going back to poly even if my file is cleared, because they don't have the money and time for it right now. So my BI gave me wrong information....okay whatever. A week later I emailed my BI asking if he needed more info or if I should do the jail tour. He said "don't do anything yet, I will submit your file for administrative review".

My question is, what does that mean? Does he mean when he finishes the investigation he will submit it, or that he has to submit before he can even do the investigation? It wasn't clear to me, and if he meant it needs to be reviewed before he starts the investigation, why had he not submitted it yet as it had been a week since I signed the paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laredo View Post
            I recently had a meeting with my BI. He told me that I didnt pass my polygraph and that I was being deceptive. During the interview, he doubted almost every answer that I gave him. Or at least that's what his emotions were communicating to me. After the interview, I had to write statements about things he found problematic, like financial issues. He then told me he had to submit my file to an administrative review so that I can go back to take a poly if cleared. I then asked to speak to his boss, to raise issues that I have about the polygraph. The seargent came in and told me I won't be going back to poly even if my file is cleared, because they don't have the money and time for it right now. So my BI gave me wrong information....okay whatever. A week later I emailed my BI asking if he needed more info or if I should do the jail tour. He said "don't do anything yet, I will submit your file for administrative review".

My question is, what does that mean? Does he mean when he finishes the investigation he will submit it, or that he has to submit before he can even do the investigation? It wasn't clear to me, and if he meant it needs to be reviewed before he starts the investigation, why had he not submitted it yet as it had been a week since I signed the paper.
            It means he/she is going to submit it for administrative review because there are some issues with your file that need to be reviewed by the higher ups, they make the determination if you move forward in the process. And he/she is does not have to submit it right away, they can submit it whenever. Most of the time its submitted as soon as its practical. I don't know if you think your the only applicant your background investigator has to deal with, but because of the volume of applicants they have, nothing moves to fast.
            sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
            -George Orwell

Comment

• I was recently involved in a very minor fender bender in which I was named at fault due to the occupant slamming on their brakes giving me no time to safely brake or switch lanes, nothing happened to my car and the only damaged on their car was a bit of paint chipped off, however they just filed a claim as I honestly didn’t think they would. I am currently awaiting results for my medical and I have a prior at fault accident from 2016.
              Now my question is, will I be DQ’d now that I have this on my driving record since it’s so recent? I have yet to notify LASD personnel since I just found out but with all the budget cuts I’m nervous they’ll just DQ me following my update.
              Has anyone else had something similar happen while in the process or waiting for academy date?

Comment

• Ocline
                Ocline commented
                Editing a comment
                to applicants I had two at faults myself less than 3 years Apart and I was ok. Be prepared to write in detail about those accidents along with what you learned moving forward. Also be sure to have the police reports and the dates of the accidents as you will be asked for those. You will have an Opportunity to do this during the interview. Best of luck,

• Originally posted by Ocline View Post
              to applicants I had two at faults myself less than 3 years Apart and I was ok. Be prepared to write in detail about those accidents along with what you learned moving forward. Also be sure to have the police reports and the dates of the accidents as you will be asked for those. You will have an Opportunity to do this during the interview. Best of luck,
              I am waiting to be cleared from my medical as I had issues with the hearing portion. Do I need to disclose this minor accident as I’m past backgrounds?

Comment

• Raptor9708
                Raptor9708 commented
                Editing a comment
                Are they going to send you to a Hearing in noise test? The Dr. told me that I had abnormal hearing in my right ear. I was surprised when he told me that. Never had issues with my hearing and now I need to do this test.
                Last edited by Raptor9708; 08-18-2020, 05:42 PM.

• Originally posted by cali1995 View Post

I am waiting to be cleared from my medical as I had issues with the hearing portion. Do I need to disclose this minor accident as I’m past backgrounds?
              Yes you have to disclose this incident. I am pretty positive they told you any changes to your background you have to update them. Let me tell you something, there are rumors that there wont be another class till April of next year. Lets say its next year and just before the academy I as a background investigator happen to run your driving record and lo behold a traffic collision showing your at fault pops up. How do you think that will look? The fact your even questioning whether to report or not is not good. Call the operations Deputy at the pre employment unit and let them know. Like today!
              sigpic

-George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by cruz0311 View Post

Yes you have to disclose this incident. I am pretty positive they told you any changes to your background you have to update them. Let me tell you something, there are rumors that there wont be another class till April of next year. Lets say its next year and just before the academy I as a background investigator happen to run your driving record and lo behold a traffic collision showing your at fault pops up. How do you think that will look? The fact your even questioning whether to report or not is not good. Call the operations Deputy at the pre employment unit and let them know. Like today!
                Thanks for the advice. I know fender benders don’t show up on driving records because no police report was made but I want to stay on the safe side so I called!

Comment

• cruz0311
                  cruz0311 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whos to say the other party wont make out a police report or report it to the DMV on that form that you must fill out if the damage is over a certain amount. Better to be safe than sorry, trust me.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5149 users online. 269 members and 4880 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X