Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfit16, I'd been in Background since January. My b.i. submitted my file on July 1st. Just got my conditional offer today.

Comment

• I received an email saying I have an appointment with psychological on 8/5, followed by medical on 8/12. I thought it was medical first then psychological. Can anyone give me an insight to what goes on in psychological. Thanks.

Comment

• Raptor9708
        Raptor9708 commented
        Editing a comment
        They sent me the address to the location in San Pedro. Wil they revise it?

• CCxSOCAL
        CCxSOCAL commented
        Editing a comment
        Raptor. Yes you should get a follow up email shortly with directions to access the appointment online. Sometimes the interview and testing is done on the same day, but depends and how quickly you finish the testing

• M198237
        M198237 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, they usually do like 2 days before the actual date. That’s when I received my email of a date change. And they’ll let you know the program you need on your device, you should make sure it’s up and running on your computer ahead of time.

• Raptor9708
        Raptor9708 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info.

• Any updates guys ?

Comment

• Raptor9708
        Raptor9708 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you talking about academy classes?

• Just received my conditional offer

Comment

• Just my Conditional offer! I still have psych and medical to go so wish me luck!

Comment

• Can anyone please help me what the treadmill test consist of. Is it a pass/fail if you don't finish, or is it just to make sure your heart can take it. Like a stress test.

Comment

• CarNCydDad
          CarNCydDad commented
          Editing a comment
          Treadmill test is no longer. It’s cancelled. It ceases to exist.

• Raptor9708
          Raptor9708 commented
          Editing a comment
          CarNCydDad Could you please elaborate further. Didn't seem to quite get it. Just kidding!! Thanks!
          Last edited by Raptor9708; 07-27-2020, 10:53 PM.

• CarNCydDad
          CarNCydDad commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol no problem. I too was practicing for that thing everyday and found it very difficult. They got rid of it shortly before my medical evaluation thank God.

• Talked to my buddy within the department and he told me that there are 350 candidates standing by for an academy right now. All of them have completed everything, just waiting for the consultation email. Including me haha. I completed everything beginning of April. Been waiting ever since.

Comment

• Raptor9708
          Raptor9708 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! Well I hope to join that list soon, just nervous about the psychological and medical exams.

• Oglestein
          Oglestein commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t stress, you got this! Just be yourself.

• IvanM
          IvanM commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here dude. Finished everything in February

• CarNCydDad
          CarNCydDad commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been waiting since May myself. I’m bummed out but grateful I at least have a job while I’m waiting. Keep your heads up ladies and gentlemen our time will come.

• Suerte to everyone!

Comment

• With the next available academy not till March / April 2021, does anyone know if the conditional offer expires?

Comment

• Lasdhopeful27
            Lasdhopeful27 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m on the same boat as you, I called today and they said that there’s a possibility that we may have to complete the process again.

• Oglestein
            Oglestein commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang, seriously! I hope that’s not the case. I’m starting the process with a local PD and maybe that will workout prior to LASD’s academy but even then, I hope I don’t have to do it all over again.

• CCxSOCAL
            CCxSOCAL commented
            Editing a comment
            Remember that sometimes Academy Consultations/Captain Interview appointments are given in advance of up to 3/2 months prior to the start of academy. Application requirements for DST are also changing and we may be screened again to ensure we meet those qualifications.

• Guys, when this fiscal year ends for LASD? Is it in December ?

Comment

• Oglestein
            Oglestein commented
            Editing a comment
            Fiscal year just started July 1st. It won’t end till July 2021.

• Update, so I talked to personnel today. For those of us that have been done since February / March, etc. we won’t need to redo our background if the next academy is in 2021. All we will have to do is get a new conditional and probably just fingerprints. That’s not speculation, it’s straight from the personnel
          department.

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
            CCxSOCAL commented
            Editing a comment
            This is good news!

• IvanM
            IvanM commented
            Editing a comment
            Would we have to retake the medical and psych test?

• Oglestein
            Oglestein commented
            Editing a comment
            Negative, just fingerprint and receive a new conditional.

• Anyone in class 455 in Santa Clarita academy and is looking for a room nearby, please DM me.

Comment

• North academy got canceled for an August academy . It’s going to be in October .

Comment

• David.diaz1985
              David.diaz1985 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you know why?

• Ocline
              Ocline commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, sorry to hear for those that were scheduled to start this month. Reserve academy is still scheduled for next month as far as I know. Hopefully that one doesn’t also get postponed.

• When your conditional offer is expired, you have to do an update for background in order to get a new conditional offer. This updated background could takes 1-3 months or more depends on how change in your background. If Medical and Psy are expired, you have to retake the new one. All of these only valid for one year from the initial day. I don’t know If LASD could has an exception for this or not because it’s not your fault. It’s about the budget issue. Right now the list already has 350 people for upcoming academy. I believe from now on to April, the list could be increased to 450 or more. This means about 4-5 academy classes are already filled. What’s happened if LASD still not get full fund next year? Another 4 academy classes for fiscal year 21-22 ,that means some of us could
            be waiting for 2 years from today. My advice is don’t stress about this, get a backup plan or apply with another agency. They can use your file at LASD to expedite your process there. I spoke to a recruiter at OCSD and he said that really help for him if I apply to OCSD. He will contact LASD to have my information. The process could be as fast as a month. Wish you guys best of luck!

Comment

• cruz0311
              cruz0311 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your right on the money, when I worked at backgrounds we would get refresher files from time to time of guys that recycled through the academy. People, there are other departments out there. The worst thing anyone can do is be married to the idea of one department and that's it.

• cruz0311
              cruz0311 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do background investigators use files from other agencies to assist them, yes. Its used more to corabarate information. OCSD is not just gonna come and look at your completed LASD file and call it a day. They still have to conduct their own investigation. What speeds up background investigations is normally your cooperation with being as thorough as possible and having less baggage than others makes it smooth. A lot of it comes down to the individual background investigator's case load and work ethic.
              Last edited by cruz0311; 08-04-2020, 03:13 PM. Reason: Added more info

• Whoever was thinking of doing OCSD as backup like me, they closed their applications last night

Comment

• Luunhatpro
              Luunhatpro commented
              Editing a comment
              They closed the September test and open new schedule for October ... lol

• Tomala118
              Tomala118 commented
              Editing a comment
              they are accepting applicants and testing them every 2 months or so.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5174 users online. 272 members and 4902 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X