Comment

• David.diaz1985
      David.diaz1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      The fiscal year began on July 1

• cruz0311
      cruz0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fiscal year starts every July of each year at least for LASD.

• I saw he mentioned on there that some people could be laid off, but would come back as retirements happen and would not lose seniority. I understand nothing is certain, but for any department members on here, I would like to know what you think would happen to recruits who are in say week 14-20 of the academy and are laid off. Do you think they start them off from the beginning again or pick up where they left off seeing as how they are almost done? Thank you.

Comment

• Tomala118
      Tomala118 commented
      Editing a comment
      He mentioned that in the video...recruits in the academy @ 24:14

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...f_t=live_video

• Pj59
      Pj59 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response, but that’s not exactly what I was asking. I understand seniority (employee number) will not be lost. But would recruits have to start back from day one of the academy or pick up at the week they left off is what I’m curious about.

• David.diaz1985
      David.diaz1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m assuming that those recruits would complete the academy. It wouldn’t make sense to stop, and allow them to continue at a later date.

• Listen, there is a lot of speculation on here about what can or can't happen. In the 14 years ive been on, nothing is always certain with the County of Los Angeles. It sucks being caught in a freeze or slow down. I did mention it before, people should not pin all their hopes and dreams on one Department. This Department is good, but god knows it has it's troubles. Maybe I have another outlook at it and the profession since I've been on a while.

This is stuff beyond everyone's control, so my advice would be to take a step back for a bit, detach and see things clearly. There is other departments that are hiring or maybe something else will come your way. When I was processing I really wanted to work for LAPD or Santa Ana, and look where I am at. So good luck to all of you. Most of us on the Department do not think layoffs will occur, but if they do, they'll start clipping by the lowest seniority.
    Last edited by cruz0311; 07-09-2020, 11:48 PM.
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

• Luunhatpro
      Luunhatpro commented
      Editing a comment
      As a recycle applicant. I really respect the department because LASD already hired me. But right now I’m so disappointed! At the time I mentioned that I ready to come back, the pre-employment deputy said I just need to do a little update on my background. It will takes probably 1 month, the maximum is 3 months. Guess what! I’ve been waiting for more than 4 months and now my BI said I have to start over everything including:Poly, ride along, jail tour....My origin process is only 5 months from the day I tested to the academy. If starts over, why don’t it starts from the beginning? I understand all the crazy things happened now but I still really disappointed. I think I should have another open door now with another agency. Thank you for your service sir. After Floys incident, police works more and more difficult. Be safe out there!

• Your process starts over? We have someone in my 454 class that recycled from class 450. Got the call to join our class 3 days after he fell out and joined us on our 2nd day
    Last edited by armond111; 07-10-2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Luunhatpro
      Luunhatpro commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes start like brand new applicant. This makes me surprise too. Most of recycled recruit they just only updated background, and some will retake med & psy. For me, the whole process from polygraph again. I’ll contact pre-employment unit next week to see if any mistaken with my case.

• If anyone is going to North Academy and is looking for a place to stay up there I know a great family that rents rooms out, I stayed there when I was in the academy just send me a message.

Comment

• Anyone up north (class 455) interested in all of the LDs message me they’re pricey save you some money.

Comment

• Got my poly next week and assigned a bi already seems like the process is moving forward. I didn’t wait very long either.

Comment

• Raptor9708
          Raptor9708 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lucky for you, I have been in Background since January. My b.i. submitted my file on July 1st. It's the waiting game again.

• Im glad most of ya'll are still moving along. i havent heard back from my BI since February. I emailed my BI for a follow up in march and never got a response. last step i did was the jail and ride along. Other than that, havent heard back, have not received any sort of DQ notice not anything (which is good) but still, im all in the dark at the moment. but good luck to the ones still moving along.

Comment

• Babayega2020
          Babayega2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah same with me man. I stopped hearing from him back in March, but I haven’t received any dq letter. We just got to keep our heads up and be patient. Don’t be afraid of applying with other agencies.

• Carrje
          Carrje commented
          Editing a comment
          No one is moving along. The whole thing is at a stand still.

• Raptor9708
          Raptor9708 commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess if we look at the bright side we're still in the process, just at a even slower pace. No news is good news is what I've been hearing.

• I’ve emailed my BI once a month just updating my info, which he simply responds to be adding it to my packet. Met with him in Feb, passed poly in Feb as well. Just waiting like most of you.

Comment

• Top officials are going to reconvene tomorrow for an academy class in November this year if it did not go as planned then the next academy class would be held in April 2021. Also, there is a custody assistant academy class 104 in December 2020. Stay motivated and hopefully there is one more DST academy class for 2020

Comment

• Tomala118
            Tomala118 commented
            Editing a comment
            hi! Any updates do you know?

• How big is a regular academy class ?

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
            CCxSOCAL commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe it was 90 total recruits pre-covid. 75 adjusted post covid. These numbers include partnering agencies. Numbers can always change and be less than normal though

• Even if the November one does happen, there’s about 300 people waiting for the captains interview. From what I’ve been told.

Comment

• I just received my conditional offer today. Now I'm on to medical. Will anyone please tell me what the process is for Medical? Also, I've been taking pre and post workout supplements, will that DQ me?

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
              CCxSOCAL commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice your on your way! The medical for the most part is a standard doctor physical check up with maybe some specific follow-up about any specific medical concerns than you list. Hearing/vision/blood tests. I know some others have posted that supplementing creatine causes some concerns and problems but is usually handled afterwards. You can look back in the thread for advice if that happens to you.

• Carrje
              Carrje commented
              Editing a comment
              I would honestly stop taking all supplements until medical is over. It’s not worth it, it might disrupt something in your blood work, probably won’t, but why take that chance. Pre workout is also extremely unhealthy for you anyways lol. Take a couple shots of espresso pre workout, and just eat extra protein in your diet and that will help with the post workout.

• GeoZhou
              GeoZhou commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! Congratulations. Do you get the conditional offer in the mail or email or call from BI? Also, you get the conditional offer after background and then take medical and psych right?

• Misfit16
              Misfit16 commented
              Editing a comment
              How long had you been waiting for your conditional offer? I’m currently in backgrounds

• Edit. Dont know how to delete lol

Comment

• Raptor9708
              Raptor9708 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got the conditional offer by email.

• A maximum capacity is 90 for LASD and no more than 10 recruits for PAs

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3779 users online. 180 members and 3599 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X