Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just talked a lady from the department and was told that there are no more academies scheduled for the rest of the year as of right now.

Comment

• If anyone hears any updates or something else please let us know!

Comment

• Is this from recruitment ?

Comment

• Class 454 here. RTU captain said class 455 is highly likely to be the last class of the year.

Comment

• Do you know when 455 will be scheduled?

Comment

• Thanks for the updates, with everything going on I just wanted to be prepared for whats to come. Keep the updates coming!

Comment

• 455 is supposed to start in August.....it looks like 456 wont be until next March at the earliest unless something major changes
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• I received my conditional offer in may, if it expires will I have to redo the whole process again?

Comment

• Yes, In 2 years !

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
                  CCxSOCAL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Conditional offer is valid for one calendar year from official offer

• I’ve been done with everything since March and hadn’t had a captains interview scheduled due to Covid. I talked to my BI today and he said they are having 4 classes this fiscal year and two of those are the July and August classes. He said that there is a possibility that there may be classes this year but if not a lot of us are going to have to go through a smaller background again excluding the polygraph.

Comment

• I believe the reserve academy is still schedule for this year. I saw a post on social media that you can transition into a full time deputy from the reserve program if you complete all the modules. This could be an alternate way to be hired during the hiring delays. That might be something for some of you to inquire about if you can still keep your full time employment.

Comment

• I just got back from Background interview. I don’t want to frustrated you guys but my BI said we need to understand that the next academy class is scheduled for April,2021 and about 300 applicants are waiting for the academy. This could be change but the chance is low due to the crisis now.

Comment

• Luunhatpro
                      Luunhatpro commented
                      Editing a comment
                      She said waiting for the academy so I believe they finished everything, just wait for Captain interview.

• Lasdhopeful27
                      Lasdhopeful27 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It would suck for people that have been waiting since March, their orders would have expired at that time

• Luunhatpro
                      Luunhatpro commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I know. The LASD is extremely in crisis now with the huge defund in budget. CJ jail could be close. Right know, I just hope that Board of Supervisor will change their mind because crimes is increasing now.

• cruz0311
                      cruz0311 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lasdhopeful27, well you know what would suck more? People getting laid off! Tenured, specialized detectives getting put in other spots, etc.

• Hey guys! This was an hour ago and he answered alot of the questions regarding about the hiring updates.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...f_t=live_video

upcoming academy schedule @ 17:38
                    layoff vs hiring freeze @ 22:28
                    recruits in the academy @ 24:14
                    Captain's interview @ 25:33
                    hiring and budget cut @ 28:50

Stay safe and motivate!

Comment

• So many people waiting and people are dropping out my academy even before black Monday. It’s sad, dont waste people’s time!

Comment

• cruz0311
                        cruz0311 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Because it happens that's why and it happens in every single class. Some people do not know what they're getting themselves into until they're in the academy. Those are mostly the "let me apply and see what happens" types. However, we have Deputies quit patrol school or patrol training because "patrol wasn't for them". What you think you were signing up for? Luckily for them they have the safety net of custody to fall back on an still keep their jobs.

• cruz0311
                        cruz0311 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Academy attrition is about 20 percent.

• Renrais22
                        Renrais22 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Eh, I left because I was hired elsewhere; people can sometimes have good reasons for leaving.

• PN2121
                        PN2121 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        People have their own reason for leaving maybe it’s not them for them. Don’t judge! Go study bro

• So it means last academy is in August ?

Comment

• Luunhatpro
                        Luunhatpro commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At this point : YES!

• GeoZhou
                        GeoZhou commented
                        Editing a comment
                        one in July one in August and potentially/ maybe 2 more for remaining of this year. Thats what the Sheriff said. I guess we just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4028 users online. 241 members and 3787 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X