Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 454 or 455 come run with us tomorrow at 0545. Meet in front of Sherman block building

Comment

• Took the written pat and si yesterday I am already going to submit my phs since I've had it updated recently just transferred the info into the portal! Hopefully get the background rolling quick

Comment

• Next academy is in October 6th 50/50 . Personnal doesn’t have a green light yet to fill the class . Nothing is in September .

Comment

• I found out thru Linda , she told me today . I don’t know if it’s going to be bc or star, she said 50% that it could be cancelled They don’t know yet .

Comment

• Did any of your guys background investigator have you sign a paper saying this applicant has no issues in his or her background?

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
          CCxSOCAL commented
          Editing a comment
          No and yes. I was asked to give a statement for some BG concerns. My BI explained that every applicant will do that, if there are no concerns they will fill out a similar form.

Dont sweat it, if they said your good to go so far, believe them.

• Oh okay I wasn’t sure if that meant that my background File was cleared

Comment

• Are we in an official freeze ?

Comment

• There is no word for 456 academy class date until the end of June, however, I have a high hope that class 456 is slated to start in October at BC.

Comment

• Lasdhopeful27
              Lasdhopeful27 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope I can get into an academy, I’m just waiting for the captains interview!

• I just talked to a buddy who’s currently working in the department and he stated that they all received an email from the Sheriff stating that there will be big budget cuts this year due to Covid. He’s going to try and avoid layoffs but can’t make promises.

With that in mind I guess we stand by till July 1st and find out for sure. If it’s true I’m assuming they might put a freeze on all hiring for awhile. Again this is hearsay and not from the Sheriff himself but hopefully we all can get in soon.

Comment

• Just got off the phone with one of my buddies who is going to an academy class 454 on July 01 at BC and he is running with lots off recruits along with Sgt. Lam and Commander Mc Bribe at 0545 at the Hall of Justice In Los Angeles. They have the latest information on the hiring and scheduling academies. Get off your butt and come out for running

Comment

• The county CEO and BOS are pretty much forced to slash budgets throughout every Department in the County, we are not exempt. If the Department is forced to make a choice between layoffs or freeze hiring, the choice is a no brainer. Not trying to be a party pooper but we are already seeing the cuts on OT and the rumors of some special units being cut.
                sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
                -George Orwell

Comment

• Anyone need learning domains inbox me

Comment

• Has anyone received their consultation for class #455 slated for August?

Comment

• Carrje
                      Carrje commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That class has been full

• Lasdhopeful27
                      Lasdhopeful27 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hopefully we get put in the October one. If it doesn’t get cancelled

• If anyone is interested in the LDs In the antelope valley area message me

Comment

• sharing my timeline so far. preparing for what looks to be a freeze, just gonna keep working out in the meantime!

Written/VPAT/SI/Live Scan - 05/02/2020
                      PHS Completed - 05/15/2020
                      Polygraph - 06/10/2020
                      BI Assigned - 06/10/2020

Comment

• Thatguyantonio
                        Thatguyantonio commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Have you had your background appt?

• tdheyen12
                        tdheyen12 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thatguyantonio I have not yet, just received an email saying that my BI was assigned and that they would be reaching out to me shortly

• Gone2Deep
                        Gone2Deep commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s interesting that you took poly before the BI interview? Is this a new process?

• tdheyen12
                        tdheyen12 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gone2Deep yeah my poly examiner said it was strange. I should say though that the only reason I got scheduled the poly was because someone had cancelled their appointment, so the hiring unit called and asked if I wanted to take the spot

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4831 users online. 340 members and 4491 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X