Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope we get the email soon, I am so eager to get this started.

Comment

• Starz2697ln
      Starz2697ln commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you want to come and run tomorrow at SBB at 0545?

• Academy class 455 at COC is projected to take place on August/06/2020. If anyone wants to run then there are two schedules for pre-academy Workouts
    1- Takes place at SBB on Monday and Friday at 0545 hours each week.
    2- Splits time one week at LAPD academy and another week at Stars in Whittier for Wednesday only.

Comment

• Academy class for August was condensed and is full, I just got email today. Stay patient guys!

Comment

• CCxSOCAL
        CCxSOCAL commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you know and can you share how many recruits are in the class?

• Lmartinj
        Lmartinj commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know exact number I just know it’s full and we have to wait until next academy is scheduled

• From the looks of it, it looks like some of us won’t get into an academy until September or October. Since the august one is full.

Comment

• I am a recent graduate selling my LDs, PM me if interested.

Comment

• with everything going on, do you guys believe that there will be a hiring freeze?

Comment

• Starz2697ln
            Starz2697ln commented
            Editing a comment
            They don’t take anymore application for now and whatever they have in the pool then they will process it for the next academy. There is 50/50 that class 456 happens in September or October.

• CCxSOCAL
            CCxSOCAL commented
            Editing a comment
            Well.. it’s a possibility. If you are following the LASD Transparency broadcast it seems like the Sheriff feels the Department needs to continue hiring and the department is still understaffed by a few hundred sworn positions. Most likely we’ll receive solid updates near July 1st when the fiscal year restarts

• Lasdhopeful27
            Lasdhopeful27 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've only been waiting for a month, but i hope i make it into that class.

• Process is froze . No captain interviews . 455 academy is full.

Comment

• Ocline
            Ocline commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you get an email? You’re saying the entire process is frozen ?

• Lasdhopeful27
            Lasdhopeful27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is this until July ? Because the website claims that the dst position will open back up to the first 100 applicants on the 1st.

• Misfit16
            Misfit16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did they mention until when? I am currently in backgrounds. Such bad timing

• Yes, the entire process . I spoke with Elba

Comment

• I hope they will reopen on the first of July . Well , she told me that she doesn’t know when they will reopen .

Comment

• I hope you guys can read between the lines, between COVID-19 and now all this going on, the financial state of the county is not healthy and that's putting it lightly. The board of supervisors doesn't have to do much they were already going to short us on our budget. If I was in the hiring process I definitely would not hold my breath and probably start looking at alternatives.
              sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
              -George Orwell

Comment

• cruz0311
                cruz0311 commented
                Editing a comment
                The Sheriff can say whatever he wants, but if there's no money to hold classes or is faced with other extreme measures, what do you think the Department gonna do. Of course he's not trying to lie to anyone, but this is a very fluid issue. Like I mentioned, COVID-19 put a significant hurt on local and state economies, now we have these groups asking us, well pretty much telling us we must defund Departments. Not to mention all the money that has been spent on these protests and riots. LAPD is already trying to divert 100 to 150 million dollars of their budget. What do you think the County's CEO and Board of Supervisors going to propose.

• David.diaz1985
                David.diaz1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                cruz0311, I’ve been monitoring the press conferences, and I know that they BOS underfunded the department by approximately 400 million. I’ve heard the Sheriff say that they will be impacted. However, the Sheriff also seemed confident that having only four classes as the BOS would be a nightmare for budget purposes. Furthermore, I agree with you that we shouldn’t put all of our eggs in one basket.

• Misfit16
                Misfit16 commented
                Editing a comment
                Aren’t most LE agencies going through the same thing? So what do you mean by “alternatives”

• cruz0311
                cruz0311 commented
                Editing a comment
                What do I mean by alternatives, meaning a backup plan. This even goes for someone like me who has been on for a while. Most cops think this job will last forever, or nothing will ever happen to them. Well as we are seeing now, you can easily get caught up on something that at the time you perceived to be doing your job the right way only to be second guessed later. I guess what I am trying to say is have a plan B. I loved doing this job, but to be honest, I probably would not do it again especially in the present day. It is a calling, but that feeling wears off after a while and when the very people you are sworn to protect start turning on you because the actions of a few then it starts taking its toll mentally. I'm just telling it how it is and from my perspective.

• On the Lasd recruitment page, they said that the application would reopen on July 1st

Comment

• Let’s all be positive about it , and we are all going to the academy !!!

Comment

• I’m in the same boat waiting since February when I complete my Psy and medical.

any one in the SFV willing to meet up to go run. I wanted to go to COC, but I can’t make it due to work

Comment

• Peterock1982
                    Peterock1982 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @DeLaCruzJJ Where in SFV are you I'm in Winnetka
                    Last edited by Peterock1982; 06-10-2020, 07:05 PM.

• De La Cruz JJ
                    De La Cruz JJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m in Northridge, by csun

• Peterock1982
                    Peterock1982 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's close.. where could we go run?

• De La Cruz JJ
                    De La Cruz JJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey, what days are you available to meet up. A running buddy will really help me out . For for location 

We can a park nearby somewhere in the middle , Somewhere with hills . Or hiking trial , The academy in East LA they run through lots of hills , especially around cal state LA

• Are they still having the pre-academy workouts at COC? I thought they were canceled due to the COVID.

Comment

• De La Cruz JJ
                    De La Cruz JJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I honestly don’t know . Hoping some one would have any new info.

• Lasdhopeful27
                    Lasdhopeful27 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No it’s currently not running at all

• You guys should go watch the ig and Facebook live that sheriff Villanueva had yesterday! Talks about the budget and hiring!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4983 users online. 350 members and 4633 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X