Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know if any of you watched Sheriff Villanueva’s live chat on Instagram the other day but he answered some questions about the hiring process. He stated that there will be 8 academies, possibly more based on what happens. The process is not stopping and they are still pushing forward. So we should all keep our heads up and be patient until we get that consultation email.
    Last edited by Oglestein; 05-21-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• bkoma
      bkoma commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah i saw his conference last week regarding the budget cuts. The thing concerning me the most is that class 455 in August would be the 8th class for this year. I wonder if class 456 would be held in 2021.

• David.diaz1985
      David.diaz1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      The fiscal year begins on July 1st, so I’m assuming the 8 classes begin from that date.

• Oglestein
      Oglestein commented
      Editing a comment
      What David said. Fiscal year starts July so that’s when the year for new academies to start.

• Originally posted by Oglestein View Post
    I don’t know if any of you watched Sheriff Villanueva’s live chat on Instagram the other day but he answered some questions about the hiring process. He stated that there will be 8 academies, possibly more based on what happens. The process is not stopping and they are still pushing forward. So we should all keep our heads up and be patient until we get that consultation email.
    Yup the Sheriff provided a good bit of information and answered a lot of questions. I recommend everyone that is in the hiring process takes the time to watch it.

Comment

• Any news for class 455 or 456?

Comment

• Oglestein
        Oglestein commented
        Editing a comment
        Negative, just being as patient as possible. Been waiting for an email since April.

• Class 455 starts in August and is already about half full. No news on 456

Comment

• Carrje
        Carrje commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the August one is full isn’t it?

• armond111
        armond111 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s not full

• Did anyone who applied to the DST position receive an offer to be in the reserve academy?

Comment

• Ocline
        Ocline commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s interesting you got that email. I actually transitioned from full time App to reserve. From what I understand you can transition into a full time deputy position if you complete the reserve academy up to the level 1 certificate without attending an additional academy. So it seems like a good way to get your foot in the door, acquire the training and get hired, sure you receive a dollar per year but you can retain your full time job through the process.

• Gone2Deep
        Gone2Deep commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes - Will be in the Module 3 Academy in September

• Anyone in class 454 and also an OTS here? Trying to connect

Comment

• Starz2697ln
        Starz2697ln commented
        Editing a comment
        Class 454 and OTS are running tomorrow at SBB around 0545

• Originally posted by David.diaz1985 View Post
      Did anyone who applied to the DST position receive an offer to be in the reserve academy?
      Work for a dollar a year, yea no thanks!
      sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
      -George Orwell

Comment

• David.diaz1985
        David.diaz1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that a bad deal, lol!

• Criso
        Criso commented
        Editing a comment
        .............Bye

• Hello Goodmorning, I just took my psych and med about 3 weeks ago. When I called they notified me that I had cleared both. Should I be expecting an email soon ?

Comment

• Carrje
        Carrje commented
        Editing a comment
        Strap on your waiting hat and get real comfy lol. Especially with all that’s going on. We’re going to be waiting a loooong while.

• Is there a lot of us on the same boat ?

Comment

• Oglestein
        Oglestein commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, there are some of us that have been waiting since March to get an email. They are really back up.

• Hello,

I've been following this forum since the start of my process, and wanted to share my timeline since I believe my timeline is a more realistic time frame that most people will go through :

6/8/19 (VPAT/Written Test)
      7/9/19 (Structured Interview)
      8/5/19 (Background Interview)
      8/9/19 (Poly)
      9/3/19 (Ride Along)
      9/19/19 (Jail Tour)
      5/1/20 (Conditional Offer)
      5/6/20 (Medical)
      5/18/20 (Psych)
      5/29/20 (Called Elba and got confirmation of clearing both med/psych)

Its been a long process and it seems like it'll be even longer with the cuts/pandemic but im relieved to know im guaranteed an academy at some point.

Some questions I have regarding moving forward, is the Captain's Interview the same thing as the Academy Consultation? And if someone who is currently in OTS program could you send me a private message because I have some questions regarding it.

Thanks for all the advice throughout this process, as someone who followed along with this forum without actually interacting (until now) this is a very beneficial tool and I'll be happily waiting for my academy date!

Comment

• Renrais22
        Renrais22 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Captain's Interview will happen right before the academy consultation in the same location. I was in a group setting with roughly 20 other applicants and we all took turns answering the same questions given to us by the staff present. The questions are:

Why do you want to become a Deputy?
        What is your educational and work experience?
        What have you done to prepare yourself physically and mentally?
        What support structures do you have in place to help you through the academy?

Following the group interview, you will be given a consultation on your academy start date, location, and equipment you will need. You will receive a packet with a list of required items and locations of vendors with the expectation that you purchase them prior to the start date. At the time, my academy class (#455) was not fully filled with the applicants so the list of names and contact numbers were not given out. This is important because you will need to contact your closest applicants ahead of time so that you can arrange carpool groups to and from the academy.

• armond111
        armond111 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m an OTS message me

• After 3 months of calling, I was finally informed that I did not pass the psych. That is the second time(reapplied after a year), with the same doctor for LASD that failed my psychological examination. I definitely want to appeal this decision. It is not clear to me why they would give me the same psych doctor who failed me the first time. By the way, that 2nd interview was the Dr. roasting my tattoos the whole time saying I have poor judgement nothing else. If I don’t decide to appeal I will be back on this thread In a year. I wish everybody the best In their future endeavors.

Comment

• IvanM
        IvanM commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that sucks. You never got a DQ letter or call?

• The Captain's Interview...

If you need help or a heads up as to answering some very basic interview questions, you probably should not apply. Part of the process is measuring how you will react or respond in some unfamiliar and stressful situations.

Also, posting those particular questions, well, not such a wise move. Really? C'mon, folks. Do you really lack that much confidence in your ability to respond to basic questions?
      Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Micah 6:8
      March 13, 2013

Comment

• M198237
        M198237 commented
        Editing a comment
        Criso if that is the case then definitely appeal that decision. A tattoo should not stop you from receiving such an important job. Only your character should. And as for anyone saying not to ask or receive assistance from information given here on an open forum please understand that they are not asking for answers from some mysterious test but simply want to prepare themselves as officers; which if the rest of officers did that they wouldn’t look like fools answering questions in the streets today but could soulfully answer protesters with an open heart. Hey maybe they could end all of this rioting, looting, and protesting, if they were just a little more prepared with today’s questions. Never be afraid to educate yourself in anything.

• GMOB13
        GMOB13 commented
        Editing a comment
        @M198237

I get what you are saying but there are just some questions about the process that shouldn’t be asked in my opinion. Sure it would be ideal to know exactly what is being asked in these interviews to get ourselves to say the right things and make ourselves look good but is that really preparation or handicapping ourselves going forward?

We are all in the same process and If I sound better only because someone gave me a heads up as to what was being asked vs on the spot, I don’t think I am helping myself at all or my fellow future coworkers .

There will be plenty of times in this career we will not get any sort of preparation or warning and have to know how to think quickly, say the right things and act accordingly on the spot. I doubt I will get 5 minutes to think about it before I do something

Just my two cents..

• M198237....

Are you sworn?
      Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Micah 6:8
      March 13, 2013

Comment

• With everything that is going on with these very interesting times, i would sure like to apply again and make that greater difference that they seek. Its unfortunate that they disqualify a lot of good candidates. For those of you in the process, good luck and never forget where you come from, take care everyone.

Comment

• If I had to guess I’m sure we won’t get an email till after July 1st. With the new fiscal year starting then, they might have a better idea on when they will schedule academies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5315 users online. 370 members and 4945 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X