Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class #455 starts on August 6th. I have a consultation tomorrow. Not sure about the location, I will know more information tomorrow. I waited for little over 2 months for my consultation. If you are waiting for your consultation, just be patient, they will get to you.

Comment

• Peterock1982
      Peterock1982 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck with consultation @ladeputy12.. let me know what kind of questions they ask, if you don't mind.. all I'm waiting for is a consultation date

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      When did they email you for your consultation date?

• Lmartinj
      Lmartinj commented
      Editing a comment
      August academy will be at COC I also got email for it

• M198237
      M198237 commented
      Editing a comment
      ladeputy12 and Lmartinj how long ago did you guys finish psych and med?

• Guys and gals, its cool to get some intel on here about the process but don't be asking questions about the questions they're going to ask in a certain interview. For example, I worked pre-employment backgrounds for a few years, I can post the exact questions theyre going to ask you in the structured interview. Its already an easy interview but I would be doing you and the Department a disservice by doing that.

Part of this job is to be able to think on the fly and make sound decisions. If your that desperate to get answers or trying to game this whole process you have bigger issues, sorry just trying to keep some integrity in this process. ladeputy12 nice, your on your way to earn that handle, good luck in the academy!
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

• Just finished my first day of OTS and it is an awesome opportunity. There is also news that they don’t want shaved heads anymore

Comment

• Carrje
        Carrje commented
        Editing a comment
        What kind of hair cut do they want?

• armond111
        armond111 commented
        Editing a comment
        Short and clean but not extremely short and cut down

• BA4
        BA4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Zero on the sides and short on top, basically a high and tight.

• armond111 darn!! I'm balding.. I wonder if I would be an exception.. runs in the fam..

Comment

• M198237
        M198237 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol I’m sure they got options.

• BA4
        BA4 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you’re balding it is okay to have a shaved head.

• Currently in backgrounds, have jail tour and ride along coming up in a week. How long where you guys in backgrounds? And how long ago? I know the process is slowing down a bit because of budget cuts, just curious. Also, anything I can do in the meantime to better prepare for the upcoming steps in the process? Thank you

Comment

• Gerard45
        Gerard45 commented
        Editing a comment
        I met my BI in Mid-December and my background was completed early March.

As for preparation ask questions and be really curious when you go on your jail tour and ride along. The deputies that I had were very helpful and wanted us to ask a ton of questions and I learned a lot of things I had not known before. Of course continue working out and getting into shape, and also start putting money to the side for gear in the event that you do make it all the way through.

• Here’s my timeline to see how it’s been going this year.
      Applied -1/2/2020
      Written,physical,intake interview- 1/11/2020
      BI interview- 1/21/2020
      Polygraph- 1/22/2020
      Employment checks- 4/07/2020
      Residence check- 4/13/2020
      Background Packet submitted- 4/16/2020
      Conditional Offer- 4/20/2020
      Online psych- 4/29/2020
      Medical- 5/01/2020

The year started off great and everything was moving quickly as part of the Sheriff and Captains initiative. But yes, with budget cuts it has slowed a bit. From 12 to 8 academy classes a year the last I read. They’re doing what they can with what they have. So have faith in the process. As far as what you can do, knowing penal codes and core values will be a plus. Look into stations you might be interested in working at as a dep. Continuously check emails so you don’t miss anything important. I checked in with my BI once a month to show how much I wanted this career and to see if there was anything he needed from me.

Comment

• Oglestein
        Oglestein commented
        Editing a comment
        Like you mentioned it’s all just a waiting game. Be patient, the time will come. I’m done with everything, now just standing by for the consultation.

• Carrje
        Carrje commented
        Editing a comment
        Your process is actually going really fast. I originally applied last June and am still not scheduled for an academy.

• David.diaz1985
        David.diaz1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, I applied in August 2019 and I am in the same boat as Carrje

• @M198237 .. I had my medical on 3/3/20.

Comment

• Anybody know if class 454 in July is full or are they still conducting consultations for this class?

Comment

• Munoz_95
          Munoz_95 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe it’s full since people are already getting consultations for class 455 in August.

• Hi everyone. I am new here and I just started going through my process right now. I currently just finished my intake process and am waiting to hear from my Background Investigator. My question to you all is that I just finished my Autobiography and submitted it through ehire, however the document also states that it needs to be handwritten. Did you all handwrite it in addition to submitting it through ehire? Also, here is my timeline for those curious:

Applied: 5/8/2020
        Written and VPAT: 5/13/2020
        Structured Interview and Pre-Investigative Questionnaire: 5/13/2020
        PHS and Waiver Submitted: 5/14/2020

Comment

• Misfit16
          Misfit16 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had wrote mine, scanned it into a pdf, and then submitted to ehire

• cruz0311
          cruz0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          What misfit16 said. We want to see how you write. Dont overthink it. Write your life in chronological order, dont go off subject. Include traumatic experiences if any, challenges youve overcame and the three low points and three high points.

• GeoZhou
          GeoZhou commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, you need to handwrite it. I would suggest type it out then correct all grammar and typo, then handwritten it on paper. Once done scan them and upload them. Save the original.

• Is anyone else just waiting for a consultation date? I've been in this process for a year now, passed psych and medical back in April.. no word yet...

Comment

• Gerard45
          Gerard45 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! Same here. Finished my psych and Medical in April as well and still waiting

• David.diaz1985
          David.diaz1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          The good news is, I just saved 15% on my auto insurance by switching to GEICO.

• Oglestein
          Oglestein commented
          Editing a comment
          Still waiting as well! With the combination of the pandemic and the budget cuts we just have to be patient. If I was a betting man I’d say we are all going to be in class 456, whenever that takes place.

• M198237
          M198237 commented
          Editing a comment
          Passed psych and med in late April and early May. Patiently waiting on that consult email. At least if any of us gets the consultation we can update the rest. I do have a buddy who’s a DI and he said to get good at the following to prepare for academy:
          -Running 1&1/2 miles in 10 min
          -Pushups: max
          -Pull ups: 20
          -Sit ups: max
          -Mountain climbers: max

• David.diaz1985 damn..I bet I'm in the same page due to this stupid pandemic.. I guess we just have to be patient.. what have you been doing for preparation?

Comment

• Can someone give me the dismissal command for BC?

Comment

• Has anyone received consultations for the upcoming reserve class?

Comment

• Yes - I got mine about a week ago

Comment

• Hey y'all I spoke to Elba today and she informed me that I passed both the Psych and Medical. Also, my BI called to tell say to be patient because they still don't know what is going to happen because of the budget cuts. It's still up in the air.
              Here's my timeline for whoever is interested.
              Written exam/ Vpat/ Structured Interview/ Livescan: 01/27
              Polygraph: 02/14
              Background Interview: 02/27
              Jail tour/ Ride-along: 03/14 03/30
              Conditional: 04/22
              Medical: 04/27
              Psych: 05/11

Just waiting on Consultation and Academy date. My process was shorter than most because my main employment in the past was the military, so I was mostly in 1 place for the past 5 years.

Comment

• Carrje
                Carrje commented
                Editing a comment
                Did he mention what might or might not happen due to the budget cuts?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3546 users online. 233 members and 3313 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X