Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I went to my medical I didn’t get a TB test. They didn’t even mention it to me. Has anyone else had this happen or did they just forget to give me the test?

Comment

• David.diaz1985
      David.diaz1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s completed through your blood work.

• Oglestein
      Oglestein commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect, thanks. Just making sure.

• Criso
      Criso commented
      Editing a comment
      I took mine 3 weeks ago and they had me fill out a tb form; also I got the traditional “come back In 48-72 hours” shot. Lucky you though, I had to go to that urgent care twice and that’s the last place I wanted to go to hahaha. It was packed

• I just got officially hired as an OTS starts on may 11th!

Comment

• Oglestein
      Oglestein commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man!!

• M198237
      M198237 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. Hopefully we’ll all be seeing each other at one of the upcoming academies. Got my psych and med next week.

• Pj59
      Pj59 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!! Which class?

• Has anyone that got their April 7th consultation cancelled been contacted for a rescheduled date?

Comment

• With pandemic going on what do you think the time between finishing my psych and medical will I receive an email for a consultation? I know I need patience but just curious.

Comment

• IvanM
        IvanM commented
        Editing a comment
        Months probably

• M198237
        M198237 commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep us updated with how long it takes for you to get your consultation email. I just finished my psych and med so I’m in the same boat as you.

• I took a polygraph exam 3 weeks ago and it was pretty short. My results were “inconclusive” so the examiner said he would request a reschedule because he really liked me and believed I wasn’t hiding anything. I haven’t met my BI and I get a call stating an interview with him in a couple weeks. He said if the interview goes well and feels comfortable with me, I would not have to take another polygraph. Which leads to my question: How is the BI interview ? And what do they ask? I know I have to take all my documents and dress in a suit, but other than that I have no idea what to expect. Any info would be great. TY

Comment

• armond111
        armond111 commented
        Editing a comment
        Remember the PHS you fill out in person after your VPAT etc, they go over that and ask you other background related questions

• M198237
        M198237 commented
        Editing a comment
        The BI interview is a breeze. Try not to be too anxious. If your poly examiner liked you that’s a great sign because they’re the ones really trying to see if you’re being deceitful and they have the means to find things out. Your BI is trying to make sure you’re a good fit for the career. Like Armond said they go over your PHS but they also try to just figure out who you are. Don’t be afraid to ask questions too. Curiosity shows investment. They ask about social media accounts so be sure you’re as presentable on there as when you show up in a suit to your interview. Try to look up patrol stations so you can have one in mind you want to be at a couple years down the road. Who knows maybe your BI will have worked at the same one and you can bond over that. Overall, be professional (compassionate, courageous, respectful, and accountable). [LASD’s core values]

• M198237
        M198237 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh and be consistent! Be ready to explain any yes answers on your PHS. It’s not disqualifying to admit things from your past but show you’ve grown from anything that might discredit your character. No ones perfect. They don’t expect you to be.

• I had my Psych on March 27th and Medical on April 1st.. So it's been 3weeks since I last heard anything, I called Elba on April 13th and she told me that i passed my Psych however my medical still showed "Pending" I was just wondering, is it normal for the medical results to take this long or is there something that I need to do? Other than being patient...
      Last edited by Peterock1982; 04-24-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Gardena_Raised
        Gardena_Raised commented
        Editing a comment
        With all this going on I’d say give until May 1st to tap in again and see if your medical cleared. They were a little slow with mine as well.

• Criso
        Criso commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang. I took my psych on March 16th and still haven’t received my results. What time did you call? When I call nobody picks up. Thank you

• Hey everybody! I have my medical on Monday and I was wondering if they still do the treadmill test?

Comment

• Oglestein
        Oglestein commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, you’re good.

• Looks like a good time to apply to LASD. I'm out of state applicant if I did and it looks like time is on my side as far as getting more prepared

Comment

• What are they doing for consultation these days?

Comment

• armond111
          armond111 commented
          Editing a comment
          Group interview and then they go over what you need to buy

• Is there any other members that are applying for reserve dst? I completed psych / medical last week and have heard there is a reserve academy in May 2020?

Comment

• Califia
          Califia commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! Did the May date come from a reputable source?

• Ocline
          Ocline commented
          Editing a comment
          Life circumstances actually changed my path and I actually just switched to reserve after being fully cleared for full time dst. I have to retake the vpat and interview but I hope that everything else can transfer - bg, psych and medical , as they were all cleared recently. I’m not sure of the timeline of the reserve academies. Good luck to you both and hope to see you at the next reserve academy.

• Hey everybody, I recently came across this discussion group and i'm new to the site. My bi called with my polygraph results about 2 1/2 weeks ago and let me know that I passed. Just out of curiosity, from the moment you all received your poly results how long after did your bi submit your background packet? I understand every case is different but just thought I'd ask. Thanks guys best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• Babayega2020
          Babayega2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there! So I took the poly in the beginning of March and originally the examiner told me it'd take about a week to get the results back. A few days after, the whole covid-19 happened and they closed the courthouse for some time, so I want to say that delayed the results. To answer your question, about a month and a half, but I had to email my background investigator before he called.

• GeoZhou
          GeoZhou commented
          Editing a comment
          I see thank you very much. I guess nothing to do but just to wait then. Thank you.

• M198237
          M198237 commented
          Editing a comment
          You got lucky most of our BIs didn’t tell us we passed at all. Haha Usually if you don’t hear anything it’s good news. But I took my poly in late January and had my packet submitted 4/16. It does depend on their caseload but I also checked in on my BI once a month to see if he needed anything from me. I didn’t pester him because I knew he was busy but I allowed him to know I was invested in this career path and I wanted to make it as easy on him as possible. Depending on when you initially met with your BI he still has to do employer and residence checks before he submits. When those are done you usually know your packet is only days from being submitted.

• Babayega2020
          Babayega2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I suppose so! I only emailed him to check in but he let me know the results over the phone. He said so far everything was looking good and that he wasn’t worried about anything so far. I’m just staying patient and hoping for the best!

• I just finished the online psych. Not too bad, just long but I’m sure everyone expects that. For those of you who still have there’s to do just keep in mind you need a separate device from your phone to take the tests on. And make sure you download the app they tell you you will need as soon as possible.

Comment

• Called to get my status of psych and medical. Completed medical 2 weeks ago and psych a weeks ago. They haven’t received anything for either yet. Just trying to be patient. She said to call back again later for an update.

Comment

• Gerard45
            Gerard45 commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably give it a few more days. I did my medical 3 weeks ago, psych two weeks ago and called to find out thats I passed both today

• Oglestein
            Oglestein commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds good, I’ll do that. Thanks!

• frankyboi
            frankyboi commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you call Elba?

• Gerard45
            Gerard45 commented
            Editing a comment
            I called Elba but she did not pick up so I called Linda and got my results.

• Hey for people who got dates recently. How long was the wait between clearing psych and medical and getting a date?

Comment

• Carrje
            Carrje commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m still waiting to get rescheduled from my April 7th consultation that was cancelled.

• Does anyone have any inside info on if the budget cuts will be affecting us or not.

Comment

• cruz0311
            cruz0311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well the board of supervisors is proposing in cutting classes to cut costs, so if you can read between them lines...

• cruz0311
            cruz0311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not the first time it's happened.

• Carrje
            Carrje commented
            Editing a comment
            You think it will go in effect soon? Like for the people that are just waiting for a consultation and academy date?

• M198237
            M198237 commented
            Editing a comment
            The sheriffs department is currently in a deficit. So yes they need to make cuts to counteract such deficits. The board of supervisors has put a pause on promotions and will more than likely cut down classes to 4 a year as they were before. Even though the department is in a deficit, it is still understaffed and the BOS understand that. They are not freezing hires anytime soon, however the process may be longer because of certain cuts. So, in a situation like this, patience AND perseverance are key.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4170 users online. 236 members and 3934 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X