Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question.....do they mention anything on PT running shoes. Can they be any color?

Comment

• Savedbyblood33
      Savedbyblood33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I believe any color just invest in good shoes

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup any color, but I would say too stick to conservative colors and stay away from Nike shoes. I heard they don’t like Nike running shoes in the academy.

• Just got my consultation for class 450!

Comment

• armond111
      armond111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, Waiting on mine as well!

• Jay0523
      Jay0523 commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting on mine as well. Starting week 3 since completing medical.

• S_Future
      S_Future commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, when is it?

• Caliboy
      Caliboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I have mine on February 12th.

• Originally posted by javila25 View Post
    Dumb question.....do they mention anything on PT running shoes. Can they be any color?
    Do yourself a huge favor and go to a running shoe store like snails pace before you go buying a 40 dollar pair of cheap running shoes from Big 5. It will payoff in the long run. They watch you run and properly fit you for your stride. I've been getting my running shoes there since the academy. I currently rock Hokas or New Balance with extra arch support. Saves me from having shin splints and knee pain. Also, try to stay away from loud colors
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

• Any recommendations where to go on for a ride along?? I got my jail tour scheduled this saturday at twin towers.

Comment

• Michran96
        Michran96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly I just choose a department close to me and that answered the phone

• DST.
        DST. commented
        Editing a comment
        If you want to have a fun day go to Compton. Maybe even east LA

• dst_jreyes
        dst_jreyes commented
        Editing a comment
        I just tried to get in touch with century but they told me to just do it with the nearest station to my area, which is San Dimas.

• Can someone please post a breakdown of what to expect at the consultation tomorrow? Thanks!

Comment

• NestorE
        NestorE commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s really noting. It’s just info about the academy and what to expect. You will be asked questions, why LASD, why law enforcement, what have you done to prepare yourself, do you run, support system. Nothing at all to worry about

• Here's some info on academy consultation.......It's a group setting. They sit you down on a round table with about 12 other people. They ask you about your support system, what have you been doing to prepare, why law enforcement, why LASD and how long have you been en the process. It's pretty easy...I had to talk first so that through me off. After they give you a packet on what to buy. DO NOT WEAR A TIE OR JACKET. JUST SLACKS, NON WHITE SHIRT AND DRESS SHOES AND BELT.

Comment

• Pj59
        Pj59 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why no tie or jacket?

• Carrje
        Carrje commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah why not wear a tie and jacket?

• Because the instructions doesnt say so. They want you to follow instructions and everyday you will arrive to academy wearing this attire.
      Last edited by javila25; 02-06-2020, 02:31 AM.

Comment

• So class #450 is full, and I’m moved to #451 which will also be at BC tentative for 04/02/20.

Comment

• Jay0523
          Jay0523 commented
          Editing a comment
          I live in palmdale, so it will be a long ways for me.

• S_Future
          S_Future commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. Hopefully I will have the same consultation date and see you there. Will keep you guys posted.

• Caliboy
          Caliboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Alright sounds good, if anyone is local in OC let me know.

• pshcy
          pshcy commented
          Editing a comment
          a lot of people probably got process since the treadmill test was taken out, so it prolly filled up fast

• Just a little update, BI confirmed with me that my packed was submitted last week. I know I have to be patient, but I’m excited as I’m sure many others are to finish the process. Anybody else care to share their timeframe from time of file being submitted to when you heard back? Also, does anybody know if it’s common to make it this far and not get the offer? BI said the only negative in my background was a credit issue which occurred in 2015. Thanks everybody

Comment

• armond111
          armond111 commented
          Editing a comment
          i got the offer roughly a week after my neighbor/work check. i wasnt notified my file was submitted

• Raul661
          Raul661 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same a week after he notified me he was submitting it

• pshcy
          pshcy commented
          Editing a comment
          mine just got submitted this week too! will update you guys once they find out anything

• Davidgt23
          Davidgt23 commented
          Editing a comment
          By background process began in late Dec and haven’t heard anything from BI. How long was you guys process and did they contact you during the process? Thanks

• Class 449, how was your first day?

Comment

• Did anyone receive an invitation for the Deputy Recruit Workshop at BC on February 19 at 1000?

Comment

• Newcruit
            Newcruit commented
            Editing a comment
            I received it.

• David.diaz1985
            David.diaz1985 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Are you attending?

• Arinow
            Arinow commented
            Editing a comment
            I received it as well, I'll be attending.

• Just got medically cleared today. Waiting on my consultation for 451.

Comment

• S_Future
            S_Future commented
            Editing a comment
            Same with me

• Newcruit
            Newcruit commented
            Editing a comment
            Where’d you guys take your medicals and how long to hear back? Did the medical center let you know?

I just went back today after taking my medical on Thursday to get my TB test results read which was negative

• DST.
            DST. commented
            Editing a comment
            Took mine at El Segundo way back in November. The medical center should send you an email and a physical letter if you're missing anything. Mine took a while to get submitted because I needed to finish the treadmill test.

• Anyone in class 450 that lives in Orange County ? I stay in orange near the Angel Stadium.....I ask because we will have to carpool. If you do DM me.

Comment

• Just did my jail tour at twin towers this morning. What an eye opener that was. If you’re a deputy or law enforcement officer reading this. THANK YOU!

Comment

• Took my polygraph on Wednesday and it well except for the fact that the examiner said I had a reaction to DV and illegal drug use. Immediately made me think the test is a fraud because I’ve never hit a woman and haven’t done any drugs including weed. He said I might have to take another polygraph test, which I think was a lie to get me to admit to something I didn’t do. Still waiting to hear from my background investigator as we haven’t made contact yet.

Comment

• NestorE
                NestorE commented
                Editing a comment
                What was his name ? I might Of have the same guy

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6993 users online. 385 members and 6608 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X