Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if the treadmill test was removed from all locations or only the El Segundo location?

Comment

• 240W1
      240W1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know they were looking into removing it from the process

• Hey guys. I’m new here. I just got a few quick questions. I was in the process of finding a job for the mean time. Do I update my BI if I do find one? Did you guys wear a suit and tie for the jail tour and ride along?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Caliboy
      Caliboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you would want to update you BI if you got a new job during the process.

As for the jail tour I wore slacks/dress shoes and a black polo (tucked in with belt) , there were a few people in a full suit.

For the ride along I wore the same thing but black boots instead of the dress shoes.

• dst_jreyes
      dst_jreyes commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it. Thanks!

• Has anyone taken the Medical testing at the Long Beach location lately and can confirm whether or not the treadmill test is still being administered? I see some people saying that it has been removed from testing and just looking for any insight as I have my medical tests on Feb 6th.

Comment

• Caliboy
      Caliboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my medical there on the 6th and I did take the treadmill test.

As far as the rest- basic physical, blood work, EKG, color blind test, hearing test...

• 240W1
      240W1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its been eliminated

• tdheyen12
      tdheyen12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Caliboy if you don't mind me asking what did the color blind test consist of? was it the color circles with the numbers? thanks!

• Caliboy
      Caliboy commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a book that has shapes and you have to trace them out with your finger.

Like mentioned above this was at Long Beach, I can not speak for other locations and not sure they all administer the same test.

• Just got an email for 450 consultation. I'm in the IE area, anyone else local in 450 who wants message me so we can exchange info.

Comment

• javila25
      javila25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!!!

• Just got my pre-academy consultation for class 450!!

Comment

• javila25
      javila25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!! Class 450!!!

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      Where is 450 being held at?

• Andrei
      Andrei commented
      Editing a comment
      450 is East LA, BC

• What’s up, I’m new here. Has anyone had to retake their psych evaluation? I took mine a few weeks ago and called and found out that I didn’t pass but I’m not sure why and they didn’t say why either. The person doing my evaluation was a different person than stated and I felt like she was judging me the whole time. Anyone have a good experience with retaking the psych?

Comment

• Pj59
      Pj59 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they say you could retake it? I thought if we fail we have to wait a year to retake it, I could be mistaken however.

• Raul661
      Raul661 commented
      Editing a comment
      My friend had to retake it but unfortunately also failed the second attempt

• Hello all, my background investigator told me she is about to submit my file and I was wondering how long it took for you guys to hear back after it was submitted. I’m hoping to make it into 451 assuming that it would begin in the beginning of April, what do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• javila25
      javila25 commented
      Editing a comment
      If all goes well you might be looking at 452. It takes a bout 2-3 weeks to be scheduled for your psych evaluation and it is scheduled about 2 weeks out. Then you still have your medical exam. So most likely May but hey it can be moved up.

• Pj59
      Pj59 commented
      Editing a comment
      What was your timeline from backgrounds to academy date?(assuming your are there already)

• For the people that have gotten an academy date. Did they tell you to notify your employer?

Comment

• Savedbyblood33
      Savedbyblood33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes they did

• jesus_28
      jesus_28 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I was told at consultation

• Raul, did they tell your friend why he/she failed?

Comment

• Raul661
      Raul661 commented
      Editing a comment
      When he met the second psychologist they notified him what the issues were the first time around

• I just got a call saying I’m in a Class #449!
    I have to scramble and get all my gear before the 6th. Where would be the best place to get everything?

Comment

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      Class 449!!
      Best spot will be at The emporium at the Stars Center.
      Mon-Friday 9am-4:30pm, Building B

• javila25
      javila25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonder why the short notice!

• Raul, so he didn’t even really get to redo the psych evaluation?

Comment

• Raul661
      Raul661 commented
      Editing a comment
      He did and also failed the second time they notified him by email the reasons why

• Is that the norm? To give someone a second shot at psych? I’ve never heard of it unless you appeal

Comment

• dg2205
      dg2205 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah there’s an appeal process and then they let you retest. It’s just a bunch of paperwork honestly. I’m not very good at interviews and kinda bombed the interview. I’m brushing up on my interviewing and hopefully can pass the second time around.

• Pj59
      Pj59 commented
      Editing a comment
      Copy that, best of luck!

• What did your guys’ process timeline look like? Also, did you guys get an official notification when your BI submitted your file? I was told by my BI she was about to submit it, but I’m wondering if I will get another notification when she actually does.
    Last edited by Pj59; 01-31-2020, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• armond111
      armond111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Some people get notified the file is submitted, some do not.

• Just waiting for consultation email. Because the treadmill was removed my pending reattempts were waived. Congrats on class 449 for being the most cardiovascular capable and the last class having to do the treadmill exam. Hopefully class 450 for me!

Comment

• Martial_Law
      Martial_Law commented
      Editing a comment
      They should have just stuck with the 1.5 mile run. What did they replace the treadmill test with?

• armond111
      armond111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Martial_Law No replacement. The only physical testing now is during the VPAT

• Got the call from medical that I’m cleared! Hopefully I will get a academy orientation date sometime next week. By the looks of it I will be in class 450. Anyone live near Rancho Cucamonga that is carpooling? If so message me! Thank you.

Comment

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you take medical and where at?

• S_Future
      S_Future commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my medical exam in October in el Segundo. I’ve been going back and forth with the dr on clearing me since then and he finally got some results to clear me.

• Carrje
      Carrje commented
      Editing a comment
      What was the issue with clearing you?

• Martial_Law
      Martial_Law commented
      Editing a comment
      For those of you who live in/around Rancho, if you need any help during the process, I'll be happy to help you (especially for your prelim and critical scenario preparation).

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6993 users online. 382 members and 6611 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X