• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got moved to class 450 at BC. March 5th

Comment

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you ask, or what was the reason. I wanna take whatever is offered, but COC is pretty distant from me.

• Caliboy
      Caliboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for an update! Where do you live? That factor into it?

• NestorE
      NestorE commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn’t ask why. But I live in Orange, works for me BC is way closer

• Anyone in class #449 live in the oc ?

Comment

• Savedbyblood33
      Savedbyblood33 commented
      Editing a comment
      First two weeks I’ll be staying at my dads in sun valley then I’ll be at my grandparents in Yorba Linda

• Anyone from the inland empire area in class 449?

Comment

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      Inland empire ! I’m currently in Riverside , but I’m moving to Grand terrace first of February

• Fatherof3
      Fatherof3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in San Dimas, I think i'll be on your way.

• Anyone know if we can have a smart watch in the academy? Just wanna know if I should give mine away to a sibling instead of collecting dust on my shelf.

Comment

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      From my understanding we all have to use the same digital watch. They’ll let you know which one it is

• Raul661
      Raul661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome thank you

• Art_72
      Art_72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any cheap watch will do , no smart watches at all . Have a spare in your war bag too .

• How long after the medical exam did you guys get your results?
    Last edited by javila25; 01-21-2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Andrei
      Andrei commented
      Editing a comment
      Took mine on the 13th. Still waiting...

• Caliboy
      Caliboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting, took my on the 6th at Long Beach.

• Ralsch
      Ralsch commented
      Editing a comment
      I had my medical on the 8th along with a couple of others on here and those individuals are already in 449 and I've yet to hear anything. I also recieved my bloodwork back like others have stated, so I assume my medical is done it just hasn't been sent in. I called and I was told that they haven't heard anything from the doctor and I'm still considered as pending in the system. I assume it depends on where you have your medical, who the doctor is that's handling your paperwork, and if they ask for anything additional from you.

• S_Future
      S_Future commented
      Editing a comment
      Took a month just to hear back from westchester.
      Last edited by S_Future; 01-31-2020, 07:17 PM.

• anyone looking to buy off my bates uniform shoes they are brand new in box size 12

they are more comfortable than the thorogoods, i bought th wrong size by mistake

Comment

• Heard from the Medical Clinic and they are going to clear me! They did say that they are very concerned about my cholesterol being so high! Now what? Anyone else deal with similar issues? So nervous!

Comment

• Jose Sanchez
        Jose Sanchez commented
        Editing a comment
        Depending how high you were, or if you have a past of having high cholesterol, they might just ask you to get your records from your primary doctor.

• Andrei
        Andrei commented
        Editing a comment
        That was quick! Did you call the clinic in El Segundo or OHP?

• Anyone know of any books or material that we can be reading/studying to prepare for the academy while we wait for it to start?

Comment

• Art_72
        Art_72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Memorize the address and phone number for the academy, creed and core values.

• https://post.ca.gov/Download-Student...CC-Workbooks-3

Comment

• I'm in good shape and have been practicing the treadmill for over a month and I still can't pass? I end up having to stop from between 10:30-11:15 because my calves build up too much acid. I have until May for one last try.
        I did good on the Vpat and can run distance but for some reason the treadmill is a no go.

Comment

• armond111
          armond111 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can relate. Ive only passed twice and that was when my mental game was cutting edge and I had the timer covered. If my mental game isnt there I wont finish. I have a retry next tuesday I may postpone it
          Last edited by armond111; 01-22-2020, 07:13 PM.

• Originally posted by DST. View Post
        I'm in good shape and have been practicing the treadmill for over a month and I still can't pass? I end up having to stop from between 10:30-11:15 because my calves build up too much acid. I have until May for one last try.
        I did good on the Vpat and can run distance but for some reason the treadmill is a no go.
        If you can’t pass the treadmill test you absolutely won’t make it in the academy. Only way to practice for incline related cardio is to DO incline related cardio!

A lot of questions being asked here are pretty self explanatory.

Comment

• armond111
          armond111 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well sometimes people need motivation, and by the way I got some good pointers and tips from asking “self explanatory” questions that actually improved my running.

• Taking my Psych on the 29th. I took one recently for Riverside and the written was over 500 questions. I am hoping this one is not as long. Still waiting on results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aford82 View Post
          Taking my Psych on the 29th. I took one recently for Riverside and the written was over 500 questions. I am hoping this one is not as long. Still waiting on results.
          All law enforcement psych test are long. Most use the MMPI, which is long and redundant.
          sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
          -George Orwell

Comment

• NestorE
            NestorE commented
            Editing a comment
            Written Exam is also about 900 questions total. One electronic and the other by scantron

• Just got all my stuff at STARS. I did the voucher. $1500 I got a bit extra just in case. Where and how do we get the LDs? I have the website for them. Do I go to Fed ex and get them printed?

Comment

• Pmiko
            Pmiko commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe I bought everything about 2 weeks ago. But I’m not sure what LD is? Can you inform me please I want to make sure I have everything.

• BlackEdge702
            BlackEdge702 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure if LASD requires the hard copies but if not, try to find someone that's been through the LAPD academy and see if they don't mind giving you their LD Disc. Rio Hondo use to provide LDs on a disc as well, not sure if they still do.

• Jose Sanchez
            Jose Sanchez commented
            Editing a comment
            https://docstore.fedex.com/post_ca

That’s the website.
            You need to always usually get them new due to laws always changing. For example 2020 has a lot of new laws that the people that went through the academy 2019 don’t have and are considered “outdated”. They recommended us to never buy them off others due to that reason. You wanna purchase all learning domains up until domain #43. #43 should be the last one you buy.

• Ccorona01
            Ccorona01 commented
            Editing a comment
            You will get a list of LD’s you need the first week, some LD’s don’t need to be printed out.

• Google CA POST learning domains, it takes you to the website. Also, it was almost 14 years ago I went to the academy and from what I remembered you only need to print out certain learning domains.
          sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
          -George Orwell

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6986 users online. 384 members and 6602 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X