• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any news on #450??

Comment

• Caliboy
      Caliboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing here but as far as I know, COC only host two classes a year and STARS just started two classes in December. My guess is BC will be the next spot.

• DST APPLICANT
      DST APPLICANT commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe towards the end of the month there will be news on class 450

• Hey everyone that's been confirmed for class #449 I have some things for sale if you're interested. Might save you some $$$!

3 PT Shorts Size L
    3 PT Sweats size L
    3 Class B Pants 36x32
    Class B belt 36
    Class B shoes size 11.5
    Range boots size 11.5
    Tactical briefcase
    Binders
    Shirt Stays
    Flash cards with codes, mission statement, creed, and core values.
    11 x 8 1/2 College ruled paper
    1 Handcuff case
    10 dummy rounds

DM me for pricing. All will be less than what I paid.

Comment

• DST.
      DST. commented
      Editing a comment
      How much did you pay for the academy?

• Fisher101
      Fisher101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Around $2k for everything

• Is the Pre-Academy Consultation a pen and paper event? Or just your ID?

Comment

• Michran96
      Michran96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just bring ur pen and ID

• Do we get to take home the county issued firearm during the academy? Can we conceal carry it while in academy?

Comment

• DST.
      DST. commented
      Editing a comment
      Take the firearm home I believe so. Conceal? No way man. Not until you're a LEO and carry through LEOSA.

• Michran96
      Michran96 commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard we take home our firearm but it’s empty . I could be wrong so don’t quote me on that

• You are responsible for your gun while you are in the academy. Your instructors will tell you what you can and can't do with your firearm while your in the academy. Under no circumstances are you allowed to conceal carry it until you are a fully sworn peace officer.
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by armond111 View Post
      Do we get to take home the county issued firearm during the academy? Can we conceal carry it while in academy?
      There are two ways you can legally CCW in CA.....

1) have peace officer authority (830.1 CPC ect)

2) Have a CCW....which you will not get in LA County

You do not have peace officer status until you graduate and are employed by an agency....and you will not get a CCW in LA County
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• Just got off the phone with the medical department.
        I had my medical on January 8th at the El Segundo location.
        they said I’m cleared from medical ! Now just have to wait for the county to let me know my academy date/consultation date. I’m sure it’ll be for March class 450!

Comment

• DST APPLICANT
          DST APPLICANT commented
          Editing a comment
          Most likely 449 the class is not close to being full

• Raul661
          Raul661 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope I had my consultation yesterday and 449 is half full she said she was waiting for medicals to clear to fill the rest

• DST APPLICANT
          DST APPLICANT commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t expect for them to pump out 30 plus application in a week either

• DST APPLICANT
          DST APPLICANT commented
          Editing a comment
          I had my consultation yesterday aswell and most likely they will have the classed filled towards the end of the month. Some recruits lived far and they were told that if they were to be. accommodated it would probably be 1 or two recruits and they would be told 1-2 days before the class starts

• Just got my Pre academy consultation for Wednesday January 22nd at 3pm for class 449!!!

Comment

• rolyat10
          rolyat10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats ! Possibly class 449 or 450 for me as I received a phone call from LB medical facility that almost all candidates who went there including myself has to complete the drug screening portion. Apparently they missed that portion. Other than that I’m cleared.
          Last edited by rolyat10; 01-16-2020, 02:06 PM.

• Savedbyblood33
          Savedbyblood33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you thank you. I can’t believe it’s finally here. I’ve been in this since NOVEMBER 2018! Trust the process. But the real process begins now.

• Caliboy
          Caliboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Good luck!

• Raul661
          Raul661 commented
          Editing a comment
          Class 449 see you there!

• Just wondering if anyone stated they had a major medical condition in the past? Was it an issue?

Comment

• for the last stage of the treadmill test do you guys take long or short strides, and do you stay more on your toes or run and plant your entire foot? During the third stage should I walk to conserve energy or run, or does it matter? the test is just so hard for me right now

Comment

• armond111
            armond111 commented
            Editing a comment
            Caliboy does your legs and butt start burning and feel like its gonna melt off? whats your height and weight? I just fail to believe I am incapable of doing the test even after a month of training and im only 200lbs and 6'1

• Caliboy
            Caliboy commented
            Editing a comment
            I am 5'11 180 pounds, but was doing this fine at 200 pounds about 6 months ago.

My calves/hamstrings started to get fatigue around the last minute.

• djones11
            djones11 commented
            Editing a comment
            I took the test on the 13th. I’m 5’11 205 and I passed. I walked the first 3 stages and nice jog for the last stage. It gets kinda tuff and it does start to burn during the last minute or so but you just have to try to push through it and remember what you’re doing it for

• rolyat10
            rolyat10 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m 6’4” at 240lbs. It’s a stress test intended to stress out your body. As (djones11) mentioned the biggest tip is to remember why you are there. Your body pain is temporary. I walked the first 2 stages then power walked the 3rd stage & took it home on the 4th stage. It was not a walk in the park. Keep pushing ! Good luck !

• Originally posted by armond111 View Post
          Anyone know where I can watch "The Academy" , the TV show that follows class 355 from day 1 to grad day?
          I have it on a flash drive, but I have to ask........are you watching it purely for entertainment, or are you looking for insight into the academy experience? Things have changed, and there's a lot of editing, as expected, with stuff made for television.

Comment

• armond111
            armond111 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would like it for a mixture of both, entertainment and some insight.

• Martial_Law
            Martial_Law commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll get it to you.

• Do you have to fast prior to medical exam?

Comment

• Andrei
            Andrei commented
            Editing a comment
            No, you don’t

• No, you don’t

Comment

• Wish I can drink a preworkout prior to the treadmill test!! Hahaha

Comment

• Andrei
              Andrei commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha. I’d recommend stop with the preworkout and creatine at least 2 weeks before your medical

• Carrje
              Carrje commented
              Editing a comment
              Do they recommend we stop taking protein too?

• Andrei
              Andrei commented
              Editing a comment
              Carrje not sure. I took protein until the day before my medical.

• Any Lancaster or Palmdale people want to exchange info for class 449 I know they said we’d get a roster but figured why not get a head start on a carpool list.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12628 users online. 475 members and 12153 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X