Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stay an orange, so it is about 66 miles out.

Comment

• Michran96
      Michran96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe we could carpool I’m in yorba linda

• Caliboy
      Caliboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in Costa Mesa, if I make it to #449 lets connect.

• DST APPLICANT
      DST APPLICANT commented
      Editing a comment
      thats good you guys should meet up, perfect that you guys are looking out for eachother!

• NestorE
      NestorE commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I will definitely carpool with anyone. We can take turns driving out there

• Finally Finished my medical today. Passed my treadmill test. Training definitely helped. I run up hills and hiking trails regularly but, the test still got me sweating and breathing hard. Now its the waiting game like everyone else. I'm located in the IE so the north academy would be about an hour and 30 min drive for me if I get into the next academy.

Comment

• jesus_28
      jesus_28 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just finished my medical today and passed . I live in San Bernardino if we get into 449 maybe we can carpool.

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here finished my medical today, I’m in also in the IE so we can all definitely meet up and carpool, if we get into class 449

• My buddy just Got out from his consultation, talked to him briefly. This is some information I got from him

-must carpool
    ​​​​​- if you ask to defer be prepared to get told that before you applied you agreed to work in any area of LA county. They expect for you to re located. He told me some recruits are rented a apartment in Palmdale together and carpooling aswell.
    -got a list of what to buy uniforms boots(polishable) warbag watch etc.
    -they tell you can get a short haircut, but what I’ve heard from other recruits is they will grill you first day if you don’t shave it off completely( let’s keep it traditional)
    -confirmed it’s located in the north academy

I’ll post up more info as soon as I get informed with more

Comment

• Savedbyblood33
      Savedbyblood33 commented
      Editing a comment
      So stoked. I’ve been looking at places up there that I’ll move in to as soon as they let me know (Elba said next few days). Does anyone have Instagram? I’d like to see some familiar faces when we arrive. My insta is Luke_thorp
      Last edited by Savedbyblood33; 01-09-2020, 01:12 AM.

• DST.
      DST. commented
      Editing a comment
      $3k? Several Leos told me it should be no more than $800

• NolanM84
      NolanM84 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s over 2k you will spend in the academy easy. Just to start is a low $1200

• Ccorona01
      Ccorona01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shave your head or a 0 with clippers! Tradition is huge! Don’t be that guy with a “fresh fade” because you will be noticed.!

• Is it. Possibility class 450 will be at the north academy as well? Also where are the two other locations for the academy?
    Last edited by armond111; 01-08-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• DST APPLICANT
      DST APPLICANT commented
      Editing a comment
      No north academy only has 2 classes per year February and August. They’re academy is small

• armond111
      armond111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where are the other locations?

• djones11
      djones11 commented
      Editing a comment
      armond111 STARS is in Whittier, and Biscailuz is in East LA

Comment

• Well im kinda glad i didnt pass the intital treadmill test on 12/18 i guess? North academy is way too far for me [about 2 hours] as i live in downtown longbeach.
      Last edited by armond111; 01-09-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Can someone comment on the medical exam process? How long did it take? Do you show up in workout gear? Also, are you allowed to hold rails on treadmill test throught the first 6 minutes of test? Thank you guys, best of luck!

Comment

• armond111
          armond111 commented
          Editing a comment
          count on it taking about 3 hours, yes come in workout gear. i flew through the urine, blood, ekg, hearing,sight exams but it took like an hour and a half just to get seen by the actual doctor and about half an hour waiting in the lobby. i think you can hold the rails the first stage or so, but dont count on it [its easy the first stages anyways]. goodluck!

• Jose Sanchez
          Jose Sanchez commented
          Editing a comment
          Took me about 3 hours in and out.
          Come in workout gear, and you are not allowed to touch the rails at all for any of the stages. If you touch or hold the rails, they will end the test.
          They will also end it, if your safety is at danger. For example loosing your balance on the treadmill, or if your pressure is too high

• does LASD still administer the color vision exam?

Comment

• armond111
          armond111 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes they do.

• How similar is the treadmill to local gym treadmill. Been practicing at the gym and can finish but definitely not easy.

Comment

• armond111
          armond111 commented
          Editing a comment
          i feel the test treadmill was a bit harder. in my case imma try to pass the test with a slighlty higher incline and speed at my gym just to be sure

• Anyone know where I can watch "The Academy" , the TV show that follows class 355 from day 1 to grad day?

Comment

• So is it wise to start breaking in the boots yet ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Michran96 View Post
            So is it wise to start breaking in the boots yet ?
            Break in your class b shoes ..and start adding layers of polish ...takes about 15 layers for them to start look acceptable

Comment

• Originally posted by DST APPLICANT View Post
              My buddy just Got out from his consultation, talked to him briefly. This is some information I got from him

-must carpool
              ​​​​​- if you ask to defer be prepared to get told that before you applied you agreed to work in any area of LA county. They expect for you to re located. He told me some recruits are rented a apartment in Palmdale together and carpooling aswell.
              -got a list of what to buy uniforms boots(polishable) warbag watch etc.
              -they tell you can get a short haircut, but what I’ve heard from other recruits is they will grill you first day if you don’t shave it off completely( let’s keep it traditional)
              -confirmed it’s located in the north academy

I’ll post up more info as soon as I get informed with more
              It was about 2500

Comment

• Im selling my LD's 150.00

and good luck to 449 ..North Academy is no joke ,compared to the others
                Last edited by Art_72; 01-09-2020, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Art_72
                  Art_72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes i did .

• Michran96
                  Michran96 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Any tips or advice ?

• armond111
                  armond111 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  how is CoC harder than others?

• Art_72
                  Art_72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is no Brass up north , and by that i mean there is no Lieutenants ,Captains ,Commanders walking around..so guess who runs the show..the D.I 'S , and they love tradition .

advise ? Lol .. start getting used to writing until your hand feels like its about to fall off , and for the males ,dont be that guy that shows up with hair . I know you can have hair now but trust me , buzz it off if you dont want the attention.

• Does anyone have more info on a Psych retest? My buddy passed his medical the same day as me but has to retake the psych and was wondering if anyone can give me any info I can pass along to help him? His retest is in a week I believe.

Comment

• Jose Sanchez
                  Jose Sanchez commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Honestly its just a matter of being completely honest. There is a lot of repeat questions just worded differently, so they are intended to catch those who are trying to set a fake image about them self's. The Psych test is meant to evaluate the individual if they are mentally stable and if their personality is suitable for the job. So there is a lot of factors that come into play. The best of advice anyone can give, is just to be 100% honest on the questions. Just cause someone fails a Psych from one department, doesn't mean you cant pass another psych with a different department. Seen it happen many times.

• armond111
                  armond111 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don’t overthink and be honest

• Raul661
                  Raul661 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for the reply but my question was aimed more for if anyone has done the retake because they’re asking for him to bring a resume and he’s meeting at a different location

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6964 users online. 376 members and 6588 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X