Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i failed medical on 12/18 because I was too fat to pass the treadmill test. How does making a follow up appointment work? Will I be able to choose the new date and will it come through email or do I have to call?

Comment

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you normally run first ? Before all the other medical , like blood work etc ? I have my medical tomorrow

• armond111
      armond111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jose Sanchez i ran last.

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      @armond11 dam really? Don’t they pull like 6 tubes of blood? I would imagine that would deter you from running full capacity.

• armond111
      armond111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jose Sanchez you can probably ask to run first if that will affect you that much

• Did my medical on 12/18 and haven't heard anything yet. going on 3 weeks. How long is it taking to hear back usually?

Comment

• DST APPLICANT
      DST APPLICANT commented
      Editing a comment
      My medical was in the 20th of December This past Thursday I called the medical hotline (213) 738-2187. They told me El Segundo medical group is running behind due to the holidays and their system being down. They told me to call today to get and update.

• Fatherof3
      Fatherof3 commented
      Editing a comment
      perfect! I just called and they had my results. she said just to wait for the department to reach out to me

• Fatherof3
      Fatherof3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure you'll hear soon since you had your just a few days after me

• Was on the line with the medical hotline when I got the captains interview!!! I’m in class 449!!

Private message me if your in class 449 I’ve been going to pre academy for the past 7 months at the north academy. I’ll send you pictures of the codes alphabet and. Some extra knowledge on the academy

Comment

• Fatherof3
      Fatherof3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sent you a PM

• I take my medical on the 13th, do you think I'd be able to get into Class #449?

Comment

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      DST APPLICANT thank you ! That’s about 1.5hours for me. I live in Riverside. Either way, I’m looking forward too it and hope to make it into class 449!

• jesus_28
      jesus_28 commented
      Editing a comment
      I live in San Bernardino and will be taking my medical tomorrow

• Jose Sanchez
      Jose Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      jesus_28 how did you do ?

• jesus_28
      jesus_28 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got out and passed that’s treadmill is no joke

• Just wondering, does your Body fat or weight matter or you are good as long as you pass the treadmill test?

Comment

• DST APPLICANT
      DST APPLICANT commented
      Editing a comment
      Not anymore a while back they did, as long as you pass the treadmill and get cleared front the other exams

• Completed my medical part one & part two on 12/16 & 12/18 at the newly contracted medical facility in Long Beach.. however when I called in for an update it turned out they have not submitted my documents/results. Currently 3 weeks so far. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Comment

• Caliboy
      Caliboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update- I am heading there in a few so I hope they do not make it a two day thing.

• rolyat10
      rolyat10 commented
      Editing a comment
      @caliboy, no problem...anytime. Good luck !!

• DST APPLICANT
      DST APPLICANT commented
      Editing a comment
      normally the clinic holds onto your file once they submit it to the department they send you the captains interview email. hang in there in took me 16 days after my medical and for my friend 22 days

• rolyat10
      rolyat10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comment. I’ll continue hanging in there. Hopefully some good news soon.

• Hey guys a little update:

So i failed my treadmill test on 12/18, and the clinic said to wait 3 weeks for the county to contact me. Well i called occupational health today and they said no, i have to contact the clinic to reschedule the treadmill test. So yeah, I wasted about 3 weeks waiting for nothing and I will call the clinic to reschedule later today. I also called elba and she was able to confirm that I passed my psychological exam back in novemeber. So now only this treadmill test is in my way! Hopefully class 450?

Comment

• Michran96
      Michran96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t give up man it took me 8 months to get in !

• Savedbyblood33
      Savedbyblood33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a waste of three weeks. You were able to train for three weeks so you will pass this next one.

Last edited by armond111; 01-13-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone heard of anybody failing psych?

Comment

• DST APPLICANT
        DST APPLICANT commented
        Editing a comment
        yes someone i know that failed his psych, hes now waiting for the appeal from the department and to be re evaluated.

• Here is my timeline for my expedited testing:

Written Exam: 07/13/2019- Passed
      VPAT: 07/13/2019- Passed
      Structured Interview: 07/13/2019- Passed
      Background Interview/ Document Intake/ LiveScan: 07/13/2019- Completed
      Polygraph Examination: 07/15/2019- Passed
      Background Investigator Re- Assigned: 09/16/2019
      Background Interview: 09/19/2019- Completed
      Ride Along: 09/28/2019- Completed
      Jail Tour: 10/05/2019- Completed
      Background Submitted: 12/6/2019
      Conditional Offer: 12/9/2019- Accepted
      Pysch Exam: 12/30/2019- Completed
      Medical Exam: 01/07/2020- Completed

Comment

• Carrje
        Carrje commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you go to the expedited hiring event? I think we went to the same one. I’m a little behind you, I have psych on Monday and I don’t have my medical until 2/21. How was the psych test?

• Caliboy
        Caliboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I was at the expedited hiring event.

The psych is just a very long day! Two very long test with lots and lots of questions, just be honest and answer truthfully. Quick meeting with the psychologist and you’re done.

• Savedbyblood33
        Savedbyblood33 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did the regular process. But my psych went smooth. My written took about an hour and the oral interview was no more than 10 minutes. I passed. Don’t stress it be you and you’ll be fine.

• ill show my timeline as well

Application: 5/1/2019
      Written test: 5/8/2019
      PAT: 5/8/2019
      Background interview/Document intake/Live Scan: 7/3/2019
      Ride along: 7/14/2019
      Polygraph:7/26/2019
      Jail tour:8/3/2019
      Psych evaluation:12/2/2019
      Medical evaluation:12/16/2019
      Academy consultation: 1/8/2020
      Last edited by Michran96; 01-08-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• I have my consultation today for class 449. Anyone else in the same class?

Comment

• NestorE
          NestorE commented
          Editing a comment
          I live 66 miles front the academy. I stay in Orange, what about you?

• Just finished my medical, and wow... that treadmill test is something else ! Felt much harder than when I would pass it at my gym. I figure it was just maybe just mind making it harder, as I didn’t want too quit with 1.5mins left. Thankfully, I pushed through and passed ! I hope it was enough since everything else on medical exam should be okay. Class 449?

*I don’t think It would be an issue if I passed it ? But was short of breathing once completed right?*

Comment

• DST APPLICANT
          DST APPLICANT commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s no joke I was told 1 out of 3 applicants pass it. And ya of course everyone’s out of breath, don’t worry About that.

• Jose Sanchez
          Jose Sanchez commented
          Editing a comment
          DST APPLICANT Yea, I was really out of breathe once completed. It was hard as is while he checked my ended pressure. Hopefully the other applicants pass as well. Goodluck to everyone else !

• armond111
          armond111 commented
          Editing a comment
          any tips to pass the test? i still cant pass it on my own at my gym, im stuck with a minute and a half left always, and my exam retry is on the 28th

• Hey all, i failed the treadmill test on 12/18/19 and I have been trying to pass the test on my own once a day at my own gym and i always fail with a 1:30 left. I only do it once a day and i just leave the gym. My next exam is on the 28th, what should i do? Should i start doing it twice a day, running on 2 or 3 miles on top of it? can anyone help me with a specific regimen to pass the exam please? im only 6'1 and 200 lbs so im not that bad in size i just cant run for the life of me

Comment

• Jose Sanchez
          Jose Sanchez commented
          Editing a comment
          You have more than enough time too get there ! Just honestly push your self. That’s what really helped me, I always wanted to give up at that 1.5 mark left, but how much I wanted this position, wanting too start my career and my family crossed my mind. You need to find things to motivate you for those last seconds. I live by “pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever” I would also do 30/60 on the track. Sprint 30 seconds , jog 60 seconds and repeat too increase cardio. Just keep going at it and do a faster pace / higher incline to train your self better. Just don’t give up man !

• Caliboy
          Caliboy commented
          Editing a comment
          What he said focus on sprints! If you have a hill nearby hit it hard, sprint up and walk down and run that for 15-20 sets. Take a day off and repeat.

I am in no means a runner and when I practiced a few times at the gym i basically walked it, their treadmills are much faster and I'm assuming nerves and some excitement to get it done with made it seem harder.

• Here is my timeline...

07/13/19 - written test (passed)
        07/13/19 - VPAT (passed)
        07/13/19 - structured interview (passed)
        07/13/19 - background interview (passed)
        07/13/19 - live scan fingerprints. (cleared)
        07/15/19 - polygraph (passed)
        08/24/19 - jail tour at twin towers.
        08/30/19 - ride along completed.
        11/21/19 - background completed.
        11/26/19 - conditional offer received.
        12/11/19 - written/oral psych (passed)
        12/16/19 - medical part 1. (passed)
        12/18/19 - medical part 2. (passed)
        pending pre-academy email...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13234 users online. 402 members and 12832 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X