Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone elaborate on their stress test experience? I have been practicing the test at a higher standard for the last phase and even cycle in between sets and its just the last minute and 30 seconds that get me.
    Last edited by evanryno55; 11-19-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• evanryno55
      evanryno55 commented
      Editing a comment
      LASD DST thank you for the extra advice, Like I said anything anyone can offer as far as preparation would be great help. I have been running at an 18% incline at a speed of 5 and do that for as long as I can and then take a break and go back to doing it.

• LASD DST
      LASD DST commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you should not have a problem. If you do it at el Segundo, some people have a problems with hieghts and get dizzy because they leave the curtains open and the treadmill is by the window and it’s I think on 3rd Floor so people get dizzy up there, I suggest just look straight up not down.

• evanryno55
      evanryno55 commented
      Editing a comment
      LASD DST thank you for that info hopefully I can just get through the rest of the process smoothly

• DST.
      DST. commented
      Editing a comment
      Took mine and cramped up with a minute and a half to go since I didn't stretch. Didn't let me reschedule until 6 weeks from my first try so hopefully class 449 for me

• How long does it take to hear back from psych? I took my test and oral on Nov. 8 and have my medical Nov. 23rd

Comment

• icu721
      icu721 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think they contact you if you’ve passed— you just move on to the next step (medical). I believe you’ll only be contacted if you did not pass.

• I thought I would join all of you guys in adding my timeline..Hoping to get my conditional job offer soon.

Written Exam 8/10 Passed
    VPAT 8/10 Passed
    Structured Interview 8/10 Passed
    B.I. Interview 8/29
    Polygraph 8/30 Inconclusive
    Polygraph Review 9/19
    Ride Along 10/16
    Jail Tour 10/19
    Background Packet submitted 10/29
    Polygraph #2 11/06 Passed
    Background Packet Resubmitted 11/15

Comment

• evanryno55
      evanryno55 commented
      Editing a comment
      LASD DST Thank you! I signed up for the expedited process and it has been a very helpful aspect to the process so far. Congrats on how far you have progressed through. I have been following the forum for some time now. Looking forward to possibly seeing you out there on the department!

• LASD DST
      LASD DST commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to get cleared from medical for an eye condition. Hopefully I could if not surgery might be my next option.

• evanryno55
      evanryno55 commented
      Editing a comment
      LASD DST i'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! hopefully it wont have to come to the surgery. Keep us all updated!

• LASD DST
      LASD DST commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I will

• Who attended the workshop today? Or was it cancelled?
    Also, does anyone know why the pre academy consultation was cancelled?

Comment

• Fisher101
      Fisher101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry i'll be more specific.
      Pre academy consultation (11/20/2019) for academy class #447 starting December 5th at STARS center.

• ValorMan
      ValorMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Were you given a new date for your pre academy consultation?

• Fisher101
      Fisher101 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, no new date yet.

• Question I’m hearing that the academy now is less physical and the running is less demanding can anyone confirm this

Comment

• evanryno55
      evanryno55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like that is probably an opinionated question tbh man. I think what might be hard for one person might not be for another. I would like to hear someone's response who is in or graduated from the academy though.

• Art_72
      Art_72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol dont believe this ..pt is still hard and dont forget about dt ..which I find to be wayyy more intense ..

• Art_72
      Art_72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh and if your lucky some days you have pt right after you finish dt..

• Martial_Law
      Martial_Law commented
      Editing a comment
      Things are changing. Things are less......intense. That is the reality. I've seen first hand how different things are now relative to my academy. People are no longer really getting separated over physical fitness and other things.......which is, in my opinion, ultimately bad for us (..right along with stress cards, etc.). There has to be some sort of a standard. Anyway, I'll avoid ranting, but yes.....it is less physical/stressful now.

• So there’s no December 26th academy anymore?

Comment

• silvrwrx21
      silvrwrx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also curious if this has been confirmed.

Update: 12/7/19 Class #448 is still a go.
      Last edited by silvrwrx21; 12-08-2019, 02:06 AM.

• I just want to know what the running is like in the academy

Comment

• You should be able to run 3 miles at a 8 minute pace. Increase your endurance to run 5 miles at a comfortable pace. If you haven't started a running program and your in the process your only hurting yourself. I would also throw some hills in there one or twice a week.

I went to the academy over 13 years ago but came right out of the Marines. I can not stress this enough, get yourself in the best shape possible before entering the academy.
      sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
      -George Orwell

Comment

• Any news on upcoming classes?

Comment

• Has anyone gotten into academy class #448? If so when’s the start date and location?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jr90037 View Post
            Question I’m hearing that the academy now is less physical and the running is less demanding can anyone confirm this
            Things are changing. Things are less......intense. That is the reality. I've seen first hand how different things are now relative to my academy. People are no longer really getting separated over physical fitness and other things.......which is, in my opinion, ultimately bad for us (..right along with stress cards, etc.). There has to be some sort of a standard. Anyway, I'll avoid ranting, but yes.....it is less physical/stressful now.
            Last edited by Martial_Law; 11-25-2019, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruz0311 View Post
              You should be able to run 3 miles at a 8 minute pace. Increase your endurance to run 5 miles at a comfortable pace. If you haven't started a running program and your in the process your only hurting yourself. I would also throw some hills in there one or twice a week.

I went to the academy over 13 years ago but came right out of the Marines. I can not stress this enough, get yourself in the best shape possible before entering the academy.
              I agree with my partner's recommendations. Get your running game up. Don't sell yourself short and come here with a "bare minimum" attitude.

Comment

• Well guys I was informed that I will be receiving mail about my background packet :/ good luck to you all! I’ll keep trying at every department.

Comment

• DST.
                  DST. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Care to elaborate?

• evanryno55
                  evanryno55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DSt it’s a long story but message me and I can give you the cliff notes.

• You guys were right I finally passed backgrounds after over a year, just got my Psych next Monday and my med is kinda far till January. Maybe I’ll get into COC fingers crossed

Comment

• LASD DST
                  LASD DST commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As long as you get in I wouldn’t mind them telling me I’ll get hired in 2021. At this point it’s just about getting in. The first time I tried LASD back in 2012, I didn’t get called into 2015 just so they could say I had to many jobs lol. Good luck

• Is there anyone with the department on here that has any information on class #448? Also curious about the 2020 academy schedule? There's been a few questions asked, and it'd be good to clear up any confusion/ rumors about class #448. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Ccorona01
                  Ccorona01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Class 447 starts on Dec 5 which will be at STARS.

• icu721
                  icu721 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks like you got your wish granted to defer, Fisher.

• Fisher101
                  Fisher101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  icu721 yup, very thankful for that.

• ValorMan
                  ValorMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s good news man! Did you get a date for pre academy consultation?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17506 users online. 507 members and 16999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X