300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all,

I just completed my Medical a few days ago.

I am aware of the last step being a Captains Meeting.

I just received an email for a Deputy Recruit Workshop. Would this be the Captains Meeting? Or is this something completely different?

Comment

• S_Future
      S_Future commented
      Editing a comment
      That is something different. Not mandatory but encouraged to go. I went. They just talk about what to expect and any questions you may have.

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      S_Future Thank you. I appreciate it.

Did you go in suit and tie for the workshop?

• Ccorona01
      Ccorona01 commented
      Editing a comment
      In the email it tells you what to wear to the workshop. Business Casual.

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      Ccorona01 I have read the workshop email at least 10 times. Does not mention what to wear.

I did receive my Pre Academy Consultation (Captains Meeting) email over the weekend. This one does tell you what to wear. Dress shirt and slacks.

• When your B.I submits your file, do you get an email from Ehire or a personal email from your B.I?

Comment

• S_Future
      S_Future commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends. Some investigators let you know they submitted it and some don’t.

• Does anybody who regularly wears glasses (not contact lenses) have any experience with medical? Did they require you to get contact lenses despite already having prescription glasses? If not, did they require you to still obtain a waiver for your glasses?

Thanks for any information.
    LASD Hiring Process Timeline:

Application: 5/11/2019
    Written Exam: 5/20/2019
    VPAT: 6/1/2019
    Structured Interview: 6/1/2019
    BI Meet and Greet (1): 7/16/2019
    BI Meet and Greet (2): 7/23/2019
    Ride Along (Century): 7/26/2019
    Jail Tour (TTCF): 8/3/2019
    Polygraph: 8/13/2019
    BI Neighbor Check: 10/4/2019
    Work/Family Check:10/14-10/18/2019
    BI Complete: 10/18/2019
    Conditional Offer: 10/18/2019 @ 15:55
    Psych: 11/4/2019
    Medical: 11/19/2019
    Academy Consultation: 12/11/2019

Comment

• LASD DST
      LASD DST commented
      Editing a comment
      If you can’t pass with 20/70 then they will make you get contacts. I pass it with 60 so I must wear them as stated. Someone else on here about 5 or 6 pages back said they give you 30 days to get use to contasts if they require you to use them.

• icu721
      icu721 commented
      Editing a comment
      You passed with 20/60 and they still required you to get contacts? Can you please clarify?

• LASD DST
      LASD DST commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry forgot to add that with 20/60 I must wear glasses at all times. That’s what the doctor wrote on my condition.

• LMC when did you take your medical? And how long did it take to get the pre academy consultation email after taking the medical? I got the email for the workshop for Nov 20 and it says business casual

Comment

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      Medical took place Monday 11/4 and then I went back on Wednesday 11/6 to have my TB test results read. I received the Pre-Academy Consultation email on Friday 11/8 at 5:15pm.

My workshop is also for the 20th. See you there!

• LMC I also took my medical the same day at 2pm
    I haven’t received my pre academy consultation, hopefully I get it soon
    what date is the academy consultation on?

Comment

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      My consultation is for tomorrow.

Someone else messaged me saying their consultation was in a few weeks. Hopefully you get your appointment soon!

• LMC congrats
    yes hopefully soon

Comment

• LMC Congrats sir. What is your academy’s start date?
      LASD Hiring Process Timeline:

Application: 5/11/2019
      Written Exam: 5/20/2019
      VPAT: 6/1/2019
      Structured Interview: 6/1/2019
      BI Meet and Greet (1): 7/16/2019
      BI Meet and Greet (2): 7/23/2019
      Ride Along (Century): 7/26/2019
      Jail Tour (TTCF): 8/3/2019
      Polygraph: 8/13/2019
      BI Neighbor Check: 10/4/2019
      Work/Family Check:10/14-10/18/2019
      BI Complete: 10/18/2019
      Conditional Offer: 10/18/2019 @ 15:55
      Psych: 11/4/2019
      Medical: 11/19/2019
      Academy Consultation: 12/11/2019

Comment

• LMC
        LMC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Dec 5th.

• Hello all, I got an email from my BI saying “Case Dispo Notifier - LASD Backgrounds update” but my BI didn’t state anything, anyone else get this email/ know what it means? Thank you.

Comment

• Just got the email this evening 17:15 hours. Pre-academy consultation set for November 20th. Class #447.

Comment

• LASD DST
          LASD DST commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Make us proud

• Fisher101
          Fisher101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

• Fisher101 when did you take your medical?

Comment

• Fisher101
          Fisher101 commented
          Editing a comment
          October 29th. Psych the day after.

• So I failed my psych, and while I was waiting for a response to my level one request for a psych retest, I got an email saying they were waiting for my paperwork to schedule me for a retest but a day after they called me and gave me my IPM through the phone. The Deputy who gave me the call did not know I had requested a level one retest, she said even if I did she had to call me for an ipm anyways.
        Now I’m thinking because of that call I’m completely disqualified, I need to know who I can call and tell them I requested for a retest within the date I was given.

it had been 3 weeks today since I got the email stating I should wait for the to email me with my appointment for a retest.

Comment

• icu721
          icu721 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you don’t mind me asking, when did you take your psych? How and when did they notify you of not passing?

• What is the probability of deferring to a later academy? I know the questions been asked but I want to know the chances. Is it a case by case thing or how does it work? Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisher101 View Post
          What is the probability of deferring to a later academy? I know the questions been asked but I want to know the chances. Is it a case by case thing or how does it work? Any information is appreciated. Thanks!
          I think it will all depend on what the reason is. I was a BI with the Department for a while and I would advise my applicants to take the first offer they get. Things are never certain with the county. I would also advise people that if they're not fully prepared to get into this career then why even apply. As I am sitting here writing this message my supervisor can call and tell me there's a fire or some situation somewhere we need to respond to and guess what, I got to go. The only valid reason that I can think of to defer its to finish school. But if people are trying to defer because they dont want to attend a certain academy, then thats BS, because they read the job bulletin stating as a member of the LA COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT, you can work anywhere in the county. Anyway, sorry for my rant, and hopefully things workout for you.
          sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
          -George Orwell

Comment

• Fisher101
            Fisher101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay that's understandable. I'll go where I have to without a problem I just wanted a gauge on the probability of being able to defer to the next. I'll have to ask at the consultation. Thank you for the reply!

• Anyone here part of class 447?

Comment

• I finally passed my set of polygraphs (4 total)! I got my conditional and now got the email saying I am waiting to get a call from the medical division to schedule my medical and psych. Anyone know how long it took from that email to actually getting a call/email?

Comment

• Fisher101
              Fisher101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations man glad you made it! I got the med and psych emails 5 days after the conditional offer.

• Savedbyblood33
              Savedbyblood33 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! I just got mine this morning. Medical is 12/23/19 and Oral/written psych is 12/4/19! Super stoked but bummed I won’t make it for a December academy, at-least I’ll start the new year off right!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7473 users online. 389 members and 7084 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X