300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrguzman View Post
    Hope all is well. It take my Bruce Protocol on Wednesday. If i pass, all i have left is that follow up IPM (Interactive Process Meeting). I'm still trying to figure out what IPM is all about. Has anyone else gone through this or knows what this means?

Thanks,
    Good luck! I take my medical on Monday.

Comment

• sergioallenm
      sergioallenm commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck everyone

• mrguzman
      mrguzman commented
      Editing a comment
      Ccorona01,

Thank you and good luck!

• S_Future
      S_Future commented
      Editing a comment
      Be ready for the treadmill test! It is challenging and faster then a regular treadmill.

• How long does it take the get cleared after doing the medical exam? Thank you.

Comment

• Martial_Law
      Martial_Law commented
      Editing a comment
      It depends on various factors. It could be a few days or it could be 30+ days.

• sergioallenm
      sergioallenm commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it varies. I’ve had my initial medical exam beginning of August. But because I’ve taken creatine and supplements it showed abnormalities in my blood test. Had to see my family physician a month later (September). Did more blood work and everything was good. Doctor called me two weeks ago saying everything is good now. But now still waiting to hear for a captains interview. But doctor from west Chester said I should be clear but still haven’t heard anything. But in an ideal situation, I think if you pass everything in your first visit, maybe a week or two you should hear something.

• S_Future
      S_Future commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the replies. Yeah the doctor told me my heart rate was high at resting. so they made me do a EKG while doing the treadmill test. And they are sending it off to a cardiologist for review. Been 10 days since.

• Has anyone had any experience with rescheduling the psych? I just had to and want to know what I'm up against as far as wait time for reschedule.
    thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by S_Future View Post
      How long does it take the get cleared after doing the medical exam? Thank you.
      2 weeks for me

Comment

• Whats this treadmill test all about? I got a buddy in the process he says a lot of people are failing it, guys you wouldn't think would have a problem are having a problem. I don't remember taking a treadmill test during the medical portion '97 ....Is this fairly new?

Comment

• sergioallenm
          sergioallenm commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it’s fairly new. You run on a treadmill for about 12 minutes, each stage the higher the speed and higher incline. It is challenging. I run every other day 2-3 miles including hills, and I still failed the first time. Passed my second one but was exhausted

• Savedbyblood33
          Savedbyblood33 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took mine for LAPD and was alittle weird but was no problem at all and I am a terrible runner. I don’t know what everyone is doing wrong I don’t understand it.

• DST APPLICANT
          DST APPLICANT commented
          Editing a comment
          What I have heard is that they start running from the start, You are allowed to walk in the begging then speed walk then transition to running toward the last stages.

• pvj
          pvj commented
          Editing a comment
          In case anyone else have a question about the treadmill test. This video should answer it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS2H2x3NgG4

• Originally posted by S_Future View Post
        Be ready for the treadmill test! It is challenging and faster then a regular treadmill.
        Thank you! Yeah, I read through some of the older posts and they said practice at a higher speed then 4.2 they have listed.

Comment

• LASD DST
          LASD DST commented
          Editing a comment
          running on hills or using tareadmill at the highest incline for atleast 16 minutes at a speed of atleast 5mph should do the job. That’s what I was told so I practice and did a good job. Now waiting to see if they clear me for having right hypertropia.

• Has anyone gotten the November academy date yet? Or as of recent, still got invited to October’s? Just want to know to see what day is November’s and if they’re already inviting applicants to that date

Comment

• Hi everyone. Where does LASD give their medical exam? I know they probably have multiple locations. If anyone has taken the medical, please let me know! Thanks

Comment

• sergioallenm
          sergioallenm commented
          Editing a comment
          WestChester medical group in El Segundo

• Sorry, had another question. I was reading about IPM? Do you have this option if you fail psych ?

Comment

• Jamayax
          Jamayax commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s ipm?

• Spence3216
          Spence3216 commented
          Editing a comment
          idk I was reading about it on here. Interactive process meeting? Does anybody know who completes LASD psych anyways? I remember reading about Susan Clifford and or Gin gallivan?

• LASD DST
          LASD DST commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got the email. In my case it’s to see if they can reasonable accommodate me for my medical condition.

• MP_323
          MP_323 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure let us know what is was about when you finish

• Has anyone emailed their Bi to see where they stand in the process? I haven't heard anything from him in about a month and a half. Wondering if it is a good idea to email him.

Thanks

Comment

• LASD DST
          LASD DST commented
          Editing a comment
          Backgrounds can take a long time. It depends on how much work they have and also how your background is in regards to jobs they have to look into, neighbors being home and criminal background as well. In addition, if you turn in everything the first day, you should be good for a while.

• S_Future
          S_Future commented
          Editing a comment
          I would email my investigator almost every 2-3 weeks after not hearing anything just asking for a status update. What’s the last thing you have done or turned in?

• Has anyone had a successful appeal???

Comment

• Hey guys! I just received my conditional offer on Friday (I was notified ~4 hours after my background was submitted).

I signed the conditional offer-- any idea on when I should be getting contacted for the next step?

Written Exam: 5/20/2019
          VPAT: 6/1/2019
          Structured Interview: 6/1/2019
          BI Meet and Greet (1): 7/16/2019
          BI Meet and Greet (2): 7/23/2019
          Ride Along (Century): 7/26/2019
          Jail Tour (TTCF): 8/3/2019
          Polygraph: 8/13/2019
          BI Neighbor Check: 10/4/2019
          Work/Family Check: 10/14-10/18/2019
          BI Complete: 10/18/2019
          Conditional Offer: 10/18/2019 15:55
          Last edited by icu721; 10-22-2019, 01:02 PM.
          LASD Hiring Process Timeline:

Application: 5/11/2019
          Written Exam: 5/20/2019
          VPAT: 6/1/2019
          Structured Interview: 6/1/2019
          BI Meet and Greet (1): 7/16/2019
          BI Meet and Greet (2): 7/23/2019
          Ride Along (Century): 7/26/2019
          Jail Tour (TTCF): 8/3/2019
          Polygraph: 8/13/2019
          BI Neighbor Check: 10/4/2019
          Work/Family Check:10/14-10/18/2019
          BI Complete: 10/18/2019
          Conditional Offer: 10/18/2019 @ 15:55
          Psych: 11/4/2019
          Medical: 11/19/2019
          Academy Consultation: 12/11/2019

Comment

• sergioallenm
            sergioallenm commented
            Editing a comment
            I got into class 446 and it starts on November 7. Idk location though. My consultation is tomorrow for more info.

• icu721
            icu721 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah okay. Thanks again and good luck!

• S_Future
            S_Future commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe they emailed me the same week I signed my offer. They give you the closest date they have available for psych and medical open. It says if you cannot keep the appointment you can reschedule, however it will delay your process because it will push your dates out farther.

• icu721
            icu721 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks again S_Future. Just received the emails for my psych and medical appointments.

• Written Exam: 11/7/18
          VPAT: 11/7/18
          Structured Interview: 12/28/18
          BI Meet: 12/13/18
          Background Started: 1/4/19
          Polygraph passed: 1/16/19
          Panel Review: 9/10/19
          Cleared Panel Review: 9/25/19
          Cleared Backgrounds: 9/25/19
          Conditional Offer: 9/25/19
          Written & Oral Psychological Exam: 10/7/19
          Medical : 10/16/19 (cleared 10/18/19)

Anyone know how long it took for a notice for next step. Still haven’t heard anything about Psyc. Would they have cancelled my medical if I did not pass Psyc?
          Last edited by MP_323; 10-24-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Cfort1
            Cfort1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I took my psych 10/3/19 and medical 10/15/19. I’m in the same boat as far as what happens in regards to hearing the results of each. I was told by a buddy of mine it took him two weeks to hear back, but that was about a year and half, two years ago, so it may be different at this point.

• Just wanted to give everyone an update. I started this process last November and am done with everything in my background including neighbor, employer, and reference checks but am stuck on the poly. I have taken three, 2 inconclusive, 1 pass but failed the drug sales portion. So now I take the drug sale specific on Nov 1st. After that they submit my packet and I move onto The rest. In the meantime I did LAPD expedited process and passed everything including polygraph, psych, medical. So now I’m just waiting on them to finish my background investigation (which I’ll pass since LASD already did mine and passed me besides the poly). My point is don’t give up and don’t stick around for just one department. Apply around and whichever one is meant to be is the one you will get. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Written exam: 7/15/19
            VPAT: 7/15/19
            Structured Interview: 7/15/19
            Finger Prints: 7/15/19
            BI Meet: 8/6/19
            Polygraph:8/14/19
            Ride along:8/17/19
            Jail tour:8/21/19
            Cleared panel review:10/8/19
            Conditional Offer:10/9/19
            Written & Oral Psych:10/22/19
            Medical: 11/4/19

I have my medical on 11/4/19 and took my psych on 10/22/19. Will they let me know if I pass the psych, or if my medical doesn’t get canceled it means I passed?

Comment

• MP_323
              MP_323 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m in the same situation as you, let me know how it goes for you

• S_Future
              S_Future commented
              Editing a comment
              No they usually don’t contact you unless you failed the psych from what I heard. When I did my psych I never heard if I passed or not and I did my medical a week later. Later on obviously found out I passed both.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10752 users online. 381 members and 10371 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X