Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does the department still have a uncorrected vision standard or did they move to corrected only

Comment

• So, not good news but staying positive.
      Was informed I failed my psych eval.
      I was told that they automatically appeal for you with a county doctor.

Never give up guys.
      Last edited by hendo_21; 09-08-2019, 10:53 PM.
      05/15- Written
      06/15- VPAT
      08/15- Turned in background packet
      09/15- Interview with BI
      10/15- Poly-Failed, scheduled to retest due to drug and theft
      11/15- Passed drug, failed theft
      01/16- reference letters sent
      02/16- Passed poly
      04/16- Ride Along

Comment

• Savedbyblood33
        Savedbyblood33 commented
        Editing a comment
        You never know, keep going. I take my third polygraph this Friday and can’t give up. If it doesn’t work out it means god has different plans for you, but just remember. You made it this far already!

• Spence3216
        Spence3216 commented
        Editing a comment
        Enable your pm

• Good evening to all applicants, got the email this passed Friday for the Pre-Academy Consultation, Academy Class 445!

Comment

• It’s been a journey guys, but I have received my email and will be starting the Academy October 24th For class 445! Anyone have an idea of where this one will be located?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrap View Post
          It’s been a journey guys, but I have received my email and will be starting the Academy October 24th For class 445! Anyone have an idea of where this one will be located?
          Congrats. I think you’ll be at BC.

Comment

• Scrap
            Scrap commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! And that would make sense because my captains interview is there. I was hoping for STARS because I live 5 minutes away, but I will go wherever they send me regardless I don’t care.

• So took my third poly and did great except for the drug sales question , which is extremely weird. I have no idea why the hell I spiked on that question. Anyhow I have to wait another 1-3 weeks for my results to get to my BI. Then there they will decide to push me forward or make me take a specific. Either way I’m ready for whatever. Patience is becoming harder and harder as I get closer. Any body else get false positives on their poly?

Comment

• SoCalHopeful
            SoCalHopeful commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied with LASD back in 2016 and also pinged on "drug sales". Makes absolutely no sense as I've never tried weed or any drug, let alone sell them.

• Anyone have any tips for the treadmill test? I have it coming up on October 1st.

Comment

• Scrap
            Scrap commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have a gym membership I would highly recommend practicing the test their multiple times. At my gym it peaked at 15% incline but it was close enough! Hopefully you have been at least running this whole time though because if not it’s going to be very hard to pass it! Good luck and feel free to DM me with any more questions.

• Did anyone get a captains interview date for October’s academy?

Comment

• Scrap
            Scrap commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. I have mine today! Also, I don’t believe it’s called that anymore though. It is now the pre academy consultation.

• Thanks Scrap!
          Mare you doing the OTS program while you wait for the academy to start up?

Comment

• Scrap
            Scrap commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure what that is? Would you mind telling me?

• Originally posted by S_Future View Post
          Anyone have any tips for the treadmill test? I have it coming up on October 1st.
          Dont hit leg day at the gym 1-3 days before the test lol and just practice on a treadmill with all speeds at the Highest level it goes usually the ones at the gym top at 15 incline. Just stay at 15

Comment

• Has anyone failed the psych test? What is the IPM consist of? Is it better to take IPM or retest?

Comment

• Waiting for my psych and medical test. BI told me he sent my packet to administrative review about a week ago. No news yet, but the closest I’ve ever been. Very optimistic and anxious

Comment

• Wes24
                Wes24 commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you heard anything keithg1992?

• Originally posted by Jamayax View Post

Dont hit leg day at the gym 1-3 days before the test lol and just practice on a treadmill with all speeds at the Highest level it goes usually the ones at the gym top at 15 incline. Just stay at 15
              The max speed on the test is 4.2 correct, at 16% incline?

Comment

• Jamayax
                Jamayax commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes but to be honest I’m not sure if it was because I was sore and my hamstrings were tight from leg day the day before lol it felt faster than 4.2 on a gym treadmill.
                I say practice all speeds at 15 incline, and do extra time time at a speed higher than 4.2. So like 4.5 whatever level you are at.

• Does anyone know if it’s ok for my war bag to be black?

Comment

• My BI mentioned that my file was in good standing and that he will be sending it in for consideration at the end of this month. There are 0% chances of me making the October academy if it all goes well?

Comment

• Scrap
                  Scrap commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya there’s no way man, you still would have to get approved, go through psych and medical and then have your consultation. I guess there’s the slimmest of chances that for some reason they push all of your stuff through immediately, but from where you’re at now it took me about 1 month for an academy date

• Wes24
                  Wes24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How long did it take to hear from the panel once sent into consideration? My friend heard 24 hours after it got submitted , I’m sure every case is different though.- thanks

• S_Future
                  S_Future commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wes, mine took 2 days from once my BI submitted it. You will get a email stating it was approved and then you will have to sign your conditional offer.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12778 users online. 393 members and 12385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X