Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question, Does the BI do the Neighbor/Employer visit, before or after your background case gets submitted(case disposition)?

Comment

• Case disposition does not mean your case gets submitted. Case disposition. 08 just means the BI sent you a message to give you a status on your case. And a whole complete background includes employment and neighbor checks, or else a BI cannot turn in the file for review without those checks (POST mandated).
      sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
      -George Orwell

Comment

• OC714
        OC714 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I ask that because, I received another email by my BI regarding my case being reviewed by administration. So i'm guessing my BI is not even going to bother doing the neighborhood/employer check.
        Last edited by OC714; 08-06-2019, 10:58 PM.

• dpnyy7
        dpnyy7 commented
        Editing a comment
        He might have found something in your background that he felt could possibly not allow you to move forward in the process so he is sending it up the chain to see if they want to proceed. I had a few discrepancies on my background and he told me he had to submit it to administrative review and see what they say. It has been almost 8 weeks now and I am still waiting. But mine was until the the very end after he finished everything my employment checks and neighbor checks

• OC714
        OC714 commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy, thanks for clarifying that guys! I appreciate it.

• Well then you may have been submitted for admin review for concerns with your file.
      sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
      -George Orwell

Comment

• OC714
        OC714 commented
        Editing a comment
        copy, thank you sir.

• How long does it take to hear anything regarding the a captains interview once the psych and medical exam have been completed? My psych exam and interview was done on 7/3/19 and my medical exam were done on 7/12/19 with a delay for a request from the doctor for more information that was provided on 7/20/19. I received a call from the doctor on 8/5/19 stating that the information I provided was good and the application will be going forward.
      Last edited by Rvelez21; 08-07-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Hello,

The entire process is long, they will reach out to you in due time. Just relax and wait. It has taken me over a year to finally get a date for the academy.

Comment

• Art_72
          Art_72 commented
          Editing a comment
          What class are you in ?443?

• I applied to the Custody Assistant position, so my class starts in October.

Comment

• Bmintz24
          Bmintz24 commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you get that information? Do you have the exact date?

• Is it true you don’t have to shave your head in the academy anymore?

Comment

• OC714
          OC714 commented
          Editing a comment
          During the Academy as far as the guys, you need to have your head shaved. The reason why some of the guys have hair is because the last week of the academy its no mandatory to shave your head, some still do.

• Martial_Law
          Martial_Law commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, you are allowed to have some hair now. Someone complained, so....yeah, you can keep hair.

• Originally posted by Wolf24 View Post
        Is it true you don’t have to shave your head in the academy anymore?
        From the looks from some of the most recent class graduation photos, it looks like the male recruits are still shaving their head to some extent.
        Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
        Online Application Submitted: 4/12/19
        Written & VPAT Testing: 4/20/19
        Oral Interview: 4/30/19
        Background Interview/Intake: 5/10/19
        Fingerprints: 5/10/19
        Polygraph: 5/22/19
        Ride Along: 5/24/19
        Jail Tour: 5/25/19
        Background Completed: 10/23/19
        Background Approval: 10/23/19
        Psych Eval: 11/05/19
        Medical Eval: 11/20/19
        Pre-Academy Consultation: 12/11/19, email received on 12/6/19
        Academy Start: 12/26/19

Comment

• It’s been a long wait but it paid off. I start with Class 443

Comment

• hendo_21
            hendo_21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats bro!

• Just got my conditional offer! Stoked

After my file was submitted, it was 24 hours later that I received my conditional.
          05/15- Written
          06/15- VPAT
          08/15- Turned in background packet
          09/15- Interview with BI
          10/15- Poly-Failed, scheduled to retest due to drug and theft
          11/15- Passed drug, failed theft
          01/16- reference letters sent
          02/16- Passed poly
          04/16- Ride Along

Comment

• Rotorguy90
            Rotorguy90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats man!

• hendo_21
            hendo_21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rotorguy90 Check your PMs

• Any study guides for the written exam ?? The more the better

Comment

• Hey guys, I’ve been reading from a distance for a long while and have finally decided to post! I finished my psych on Thursday, I hope it went well, but I couldn’t tell if it did because it was the doctor in San Pedro. I have my medical on Monday! Does anyone have any in depth information about the medical? I’ve read through almost the entire thread and haven’t seen anything recently. For the Bruce protocol it’s required to finish the entire 12 minutes right? Thank you in advance!

Comment

• True Story. Last month, I went to San Pedro to do my Psy eval. During the exam, there was a Hispanic guy from West Covina. He sat next to me and asks "are there two F's in sheriff", and then he asks "how do you spell trainee?"
              I was thinking... you gotta be kidding me?! I was stunned. Where does LASD find these people?!

Comment

• Martial_Law
                Martial_Law commented
                Editing a comment
                The same place that every other PD and state department finds people. It's not just LASD. LAPD has "stress cards." CHP recycles failing recruits forever. Can't meet the requirement of running a mile and a half during the VPAT? Great! We'll just have applicants run on a treadmill instead. We have absolute babies going through academies right now. Complaining about wearing suits, so the department relaxes the standard [that all of us who have come before them endured without issue]. Now because the dress shirt was "choking them while doing push ups", the department has decided to have recruits wear long sleeve polos. Why didn't the crybaby just buy a larger shirt?!?! Common sense isn't so common these days. I could go on, but it'll just annoy me.
                Last edited by Martial_Law; 08-14-2019, 01:37 AM.

• That's terrible LOL

Comment

• Does anyone have any LD’s for sale?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14620 users online. 415 members and 14205 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X