Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the LASD PT test at the end of the academy consist of? Also, how long are the runs usually during the academy? Any insight will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

• I’m currently an out of state applicant and got an email from my BI saying he plans on finishing my case as soon as possible, I then received an email from ehire stating “08. Case Disposition” has been added to my background file. Does anyone know what 08. Case Disposition is? Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Art_72
        Art_72 commented
        Editing a comment
        It just means that your bi sent you a message. Who is your bi ?

• I am waiting to get scheduled for my Interactive Process Meeting (IPM) this week. I didn't pass my psych, and was given this option. Does anyone know have any advice, what this means (Good or bad), and/or have gone through this?

Thanks,

Comment

• Just got reassigned from 442 to 443 .

Comment

• DFD
        DFD commented
        Editing a comment
        When does 443 start? And what location

• JCCruz
        JCCruz commented
        Editing a comment
        If not mistaken starts late August / early September at COC

• Art_72
        Art_72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last week of August

• Jr90037
        Jr90037 commented
        Editing a comment
        How the fitness and running during the academy

• I took my medical this week. Did not pass the Vision exam and had to get contacts. I have to wear them 30 days and go retake the vision test. If all goes well what academy am i looking at? What date should i be looking at?

Comment

• Ragin1794
        Ragin1794 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you do a depth perception test for the vision exam ?

• Art_72
        Art_72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Perhaps November

• I have a few questions/concerns regarding the process. I hope someone can relate or at least provide some helpful advice for me.

I've realized after combining through this thread (from 2017-present) that although everyone's process varies, most components are similar to exact. Mine being the exception.
      Most recent update was that of my neighbors' names and contacts being requested to which I provided. It's been a couple weeks and no news (good news.) I dont expect a quick process, and I can guarantee that my current line of work will make it drag out further due to employer being out of office, unavailable for phone calls/meetings. I am aware of the differences in every applicant and BI.

What concerns me is that I havent heard the results of my poly (assuming that I passed) and I've yet to be given a jail tour and ride along date/location.

It looks as though everyone has had:
      - Poly results via BI
      - Jail tour/ Ride along via BI
      - Neighbor and employer contacts/visits toward the end of background investigation.

I understand that every BI has their own way of going about the process, and many applicants appointed to them. I just find my position a little off, if not inconsistent when compared to the majority of others previously mentioned in this thread.

Can anyone else relate?

ALSO:
      Ive read that academy placement will be base upon your proximity to the locations COC, BC and STARS.
      is this the way it is? Just want to clear up any confusion.

Thank you.

OUT-OF-AREA PROCESS
      APPLICATION: 1/12/2019
      WRITTEN/VPAT: 03/13/2019
      STRUCTURED INTERVIEW, BI ASSIGNMENT
      FINGERPRINT: 03/14/2019
      POLYGRAPH: 03/15/2019
      Last edited by Fisher101; 07-26-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• JCCruz
        JCCruz commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as I know regarding the jail tour and ride-a-long, you have to call and scheduled you own (at least that was when I was going through my process), I know Pitchess Detention Center in castaic has jail tours on Wednesday afternoons, you will need to call so they can add you to the list. For the ride-a-long you will also need to pick the station you would like to do your ride a long and give them a call. As far as academy placement, I do not think they will send you based on your proximity, but not sure since I do see you are an out of area applicant.

• Art_72
        Art_72 commented
        Editing a comment
        A friend and I started the hiring process together last year in September . We both took are polygraphs back in November, I passed and he failed , he got a letter within a week notifying him about it and that it also stated he was being dq'd . I waited until May of this year till my bi actually started working on my case . It was finished and submitted in June , and was approved within a day or two . I finished the last few steps by mid July .Long story short , it took me whole year to get a academy date (August 22) so I wouldn't worry about it to much if you haven't heard anything.

But yeah , you need to set up your jail tour and ride along on your own . Start now , the reports that you need to write for each must be submitted along with your case file once your bi complets it .

Last , yeah they kinda try to accommodate you by placing you in a academy with is closest to you but that's not guaranteed either .

Goodluck.

• Fisher101
        Fisher101 commented
        Editing a comment
        JCCruz
        I was hoping to get an answer here before asking my BI but it seems as that is my only option apart from waiting. Thank you for your reply!

Art_72
        Pitchess is definitely the closest to me which would be awesome. I'm beginning to think the department is working on a few small adjustments with their hiring process and background investigations considering the variability in applicants positions with similar timelines.

• Originally posted by BlueandGold View Post
      What does the LASD PT test at the end of the academy consist of? Also, how long are the runs usually during the academy? Any insight will be highly appreciated. Thank you!
      Are you referring to the Work Sample Test Battery? If so, it's a dummy drag, chain link/solid wall jump, sprint, and obstacle course. As for the runs, that depends on your staff. Expect your longest runs to be anywhere from 4-6 miles; your colors run distance will vary as well.

Comment

• Hey Guys how is every one doing.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I’m currently an out of state applicant that just recently moved to LA. I’m wondering if anyone that goes to the pre- academy workouts and lives in the West Hollywood, Hollywood area would be willing to let me tag along. I’m willing to pay for gas. Dm me. Thank you!

Comment

• Hello, I need some insight. I was originally assigned my Background investigator on June 20th, 2019 and today August 1st, 2019 I received a email saying I got reassigned a new investigator. Is this pretty common? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Means your original background investigator left the unit and your reassigned to a new one. Nothing to really worry about.
              sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
              -George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisher101 View Post
                I have a few questions/concerns regarding the process. I hope someone can relate or at least provide some helpful advice for me.

I've realized after combining through this thread (from 2017-present) that although everyone's process varies, most components are similar to exact. Mine being the exception.
                Most recent update was that of my neighbors' names and contacts being requested to which I provided. It's been a couple weeks and no news (good news.) I dont expect a quick process, and I can guarantee that my current line of work will make it drag out further due to employer being out of office, unavailable for phone calls/meetings. I am aware of the differences in every applicant and BI.

What concerns me is that I havent heard the results of my poly (assuming that I passed) and I've yet to be given a jail tour and ride along date/location.

It looks as though everyone has had:
                - Poly results via BI
                - Jail tour/ Ride along via BI
                - Neighbor and employer contacts/visits toward the end of background investigation.

I understand that every BI has their own way of going about the process, and many applicants appointed to them. I just find my position a little off, if not inconsistent when compared to the majority of others previously mentioned in this thread.

Can anyone else relate?

ALSO:
                Ive read that academy placement will be base upon your proximity to the locations COC, BC and STARS.
                is this the way it is? Just want to clear up any confusion.

Thank you.

OUT-OF-AREA PROCESS
                APPLICATION: 1/12/2019
                WRITTEN/VPAT: 03/13/2019
                STRUCTURED INTERVIEW, BI ASSIGNMENT
                FINGERPRINT: 03/14/2019
                POLYGRAPH: 03/15/2019
                I was hoping they’re out of area process would allow you to enter the academy quicker...I know LAPD’s is quick. I’m from outta state. Not too much opportunity where I’m at.

Comment

• Fisher101
                  Fisher101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd thought the same but it seems as though the background is the most variable portion of the process.

• Does anybody know what the core differences in curriculum are between the reserve academy and the standard academy? Is Level 3 also the stress bootcamp style environment? How about Level 2 or 1?

Thanks.
                P.S. Where does one find out where these classes are being offered?

Comment

• Wolf24
                  Wolf24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s definitely a stressful environment. Get ready for little sleep and endless amount of work physical and mental.

• Hey Guys,

Been a while and I’d thought I’d share my process and answer any questions. It may shed some light but not all processes are the same. Be patient and your time will come.

9/18- Applied
                10/18- Written and Physical
                11/18- Oral
                12/18- Met with BI
                12/18- Finer-prints
                1/19- Poly
                1/19- Ride Along
                1/19- JailTour
                6/19- Field work
                7/19- File Submitted
                8/19- Conditional Offer
                8/19- Medical
                8/19- Psych- Did not pass
                9/19- Psych Re-Eval

.08 Disposition, just means your BI sent you an email.

I received an email when he completed anything such as but not limited to; employment, reference, landlord and neighbor checks.

Every BI works differently and this is just my process.
                Last edited by hendo_21; 09-06-2019, 11:11 AM.
                05/15- Written
                06/15- VPAT
                08/15- Turned in background packet
                09/15- Interview with BI
                10/15- Poly-Failed, scheduled to retest due to drug and theft
                11/15- Passed drug, failed theft
                01/16- reference letters sent
                02/16- Passed poly
                04/16- Ride Along

Comment

• Kangster
                  Kangster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've received a .08 disposition as well, but was not notified if my background file was submitted. Did your B.I notified you that it was going to be submitted?
                  Last edited by Kangster; 08-05-2019, 03:15 AM.

• hendo_21
                  hendo_21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Disposition just means you received an email. You’ll also receive an email for ehire with no reply.

I was fortunate to have a great BI.
                  He did inform me as to when my file would be submitted.

• OC714
                  OC714 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey guys, seems like were on the same boat. I just had my background submitted on the 7/24/2019. Good luck to you guys

• Donwoodlake
                  Donwoodlake commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What was the psych re-eval? Did you pass?

• Hello,

Yes, my BI notified me via email that she was submitting my file.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14778 users online. 263 members and 14515 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X