300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All,

I've been lurking and reading here for almost a year. Now I can breath better... here's my time line.

Applied Online RESERVE DST - 07/31/18
    Written exam - 08/04/2018
    Structural Interview -- 08/30/18
    BI Interview -- 09/17/2018
    Original Poly -- 10/9/2018 (inconclusive)
    Rescheduled Poly --10/25/2018 (passed)
    Ride Along -- 10/29/18
    Jail Tour -- 11/04/18
    BG Packet Submitted -- 01/25/19
    Written Psych -- 02/15/19
    Oral Psych -- 02/15/19
    Medical -- 02/20/19
    Captains Interview -- 06/15/19
    Academy Start -- 08/11/19
    Last edited by right_on; 06-20-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Art_72
      Art_72 commented
      Editing a comment
      What academy location are you attending ?

• taking my written on Saturday any word of advice on the exam aside from it being 60 questions in 90 minutes. looking at the bigger picture it's a long day consisting of written - physical - structured interview. any info gladly appreciated

thanks all

Comment

• Does anyone have any LDs for sale?

Comment

• Anyone have any insight as to how long it takes to hear back for a conditional job offer? I’ve passed all tests, minus Psych and Medical, my background investigator submitted my packet on 13Jun2019. I’m currently an in state, out of state applicant, recently ETS’ed from the Army last month.

Comment

• dpnyy7
          dpnyy7 commented
          Editing a comment
          My packet was submitted on the same day. I emailed my investigator asking the approximate time for them to complete the administrative review and he said it usually takes 6-8 weeks

• Art_72
          Art_72 commented
          Editing a comment
          I recieved the conditional offer within 24 hours of my packet being submitted.

• dpnyy7
          dpnyy7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Art_72 wow that’s quick didn’t think any step of the process could be that quick. Congrats

• SJC
          SJC commented
          Editing a comment
          It took a week and a half to get my conditional offer, once my BI turned in my file.

• Anyone else going to Monterey Park Wednesday?

Comment

• Wow that’s incredible. Lucky for you! Good luck! How did you receive your conditional offer? Did it come via email, mail, phone call?

Comment

• Art_72
            Art_72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Its came by email ,ehire sends it.

• They have to give you a conditional offer in order for you to go do the Physc & Medical exams. POST hiring rules.

Comment

• Investigator just submitted my packet today. So 6-8 weeks is the average wait time for a response?

Comment

• Does anyone know what the vision requirements are

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragin1794 View Post
                Does anyone know what the vision requirements are
                C'mon you can google it and it will come up.
                sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
                -George Orwell

Comment

• Ragin1794
                  Ragin1794 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry just wanted to know if i could wear hard contacts/glasses or would i be out of luck since I’m not able to get vision correction surgery

• pvj
                  pvj commented
                  Editing a comment
                  VISION:
                  (1) Acuity - At least 20/70 in each eye without correction, correctable to 20/30 in each eye.

Successful soft contact lens wearers are not required to meet the uncorrected standard as long as their corrected vision is 20/30 in each eye.

(2) Color perception - Anything other than minor hue impairment is disqualifying.

You can find it on the website. Based on the requirements, you need to have soft contacts not hard.

• Just a quick question. I got an email about 3 months ago stating that my background investigator had been reassigned and they'll contact me shortly. However, I haven't heard anything since that email. I had already completed my polygraph test, ride along, jail tour, and submitted all required documents. Should I just continue to be patient and wait or should I take the initiative and give my new background investigator a call?

Comment

• Your BI knows you got reassigned to him/her. Believe me your file is not gonna get lost, its all electronic nowadays. So just chill!
                  sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
                  -George Orwell

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next academy class starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotorguy90 View Post
                      Does anyone know when the next academy class starts?
                      Next class (442) starts at BC in early August....443 is at COC and starts the beginning of Sept/end of Aug....444 looks like it starts around the middle of Sept

We will be running about 12 classes a year for awhile
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

Next class (442) starts at BC in early August....443 is at COC and starts the beginning of Sept/end of Aug....444 looks like it starts around the middle of Sept

We will be running about 12 classes a year for awhile
                        Will class 444 be located at STAR?

Comment

• LA DEP
                          LA DEP commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Unless they are going to run 2 classes at STARs at the same time, no....441 is already at STARs and they dont graduate until early November

• Lakewoodguy
                          Lakewoodguy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Got it, thank you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12655 users online. 402 members and 12253 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X