300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joe_rodney View Post
    To all applicants, I'm a current lasd deputy and am giving any of you the opportunity to ask me questions about your background process. Please keep it short and to the point, and I'll do my best to answer as many as I can
    My background investigator recently visited/interviewed all my neighbors. Is this a sign that my long awaited background investigation is finally coming to an end?

Comment

• Originally posted by SSJHectic View Post

My background investigator recently visited/interviewed all my neighbors. Is this a sign that my long awaited background investigation is finally coming to an end?
      how long have you been in backgrounds?

Comment

• Originally posted by vuongv89 View Post

how long have you been in backgrounds?
        4.5 Months

Comment

• Originally posted by SSJHectic View Post
          4.5 Months
          I was just informed that I had passed poly..
          Last edited by vuongv89; 05-29-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• SunDevil
            SunDevil commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are still being processed and they didn’t hit you up you passed poly. No news is good news.
            Last edited by SunDevil; 05-11-2019, 01:53 PM.

• Just an FYI, most background investigators with LASD have 40 to 50 applicants, so if your wondering why it takes so long, read between those lines.
          sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
          -George Orwell

Comment

• Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum and I’m a current applicant with LASD. Just wondering how many current applicants got reassigned a new BI. Is it normal to be reassigned a BI after almost being at the tail end of the BG investigation?

Comment

• You got reassigned to a new BI because that investigator is leaving the background unit
              sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
              -George Orwell

Comment

• Good Evening everyone, new to this forum. Been in the process for DST since last year. Got out the Marine Corps last month. Any tips from anyone?

09/22/2018 Written Exam/VPAT
                09/29/2018 Structured Interview
                10/18/18 BI Interview/ Live Scan
                10/31/18 Polygraph Exam Pass
                11/08/18 Ride Along
                11/09/18 Jail Tour
                02/13/19 Case Disposition
                04/12/19 Case Disposition
                05/07/19 Case Disposition
                05/13/19 BI Home Visit
                TBD Conditional Hire
                TBD Medical
                TBD Psych

Comment

• My background file has been submitted for administrative review on friday and im super excited, anyone know about how long it takes to hear back for the final results?(conditional job offer)

Comment

• Hey where does lasd send for psych? Its not at The Council Team in San Bernardino right?

Comment

• Vuongv89 what does that information matter. They send you to where they send you. We do not send anyone out of county for psych. Some of you guys come on here looking for some kind of edge or trying to game this process. Cut it out! Put your best foot forward and be honest, thats the best thing you could do!
                      sigpic

-George Orwell

Comment

• vuongv89
                        vuongv89 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Only reason why I asked was because I just did my psych there for another agency and saw a LASD patch so i thought you guys used them as well not looking for no edge of trying to game the process.

• Copy, good luck!
                      sigpic

-George Orwell

Comment

• Anybody have any insight as to how long the wait is (typically) in between each segment of the process? I know the whole "no news is good news" thing but after combing through this thread and some others, I still can't help but wonder my own position. Currently I am awaiting further news since participating in the out of area process back in early March. Last completed segment being the poly. I know my references have been emailed, and employers have been contacted via mail. This is all I know at this point. Has anybody else been in this position?

Also would like to know of anyone who participated in the out of area process in March to compare timelines.

Thank you.

Comment

• Backgrounds can take from 6 to 9 months even a year. The background investigators on the department are overloaded with work. So take that as you will. Your BI will let you know whats up. If you dont hear anything its because your BI is busy working casss that have been assigned to them prior to yours.
                          sigpic

-George Orwell

Comment

• Cruz0311 copy that. Thank you for the reply!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12933 users online. 392 members and 12541 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X