Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the same boat as VE4078, just received my pre-academy consultation for 3/20 for April’s academy. Been a long road. Almost a year but it’s paid off . Next step is getting through the Academy
    LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT
    Application Submitted: 05/21/18
    Written Exam: 06/30/18
    Validated Physical Agility Test: 06/30/18
    Structured Interview: 07/11/18
    Document Intake Background Inv: 08/15/18
    Polygraph Test #1: 09/06/18 Inconcl
    Polygraph Test #2: 09/25/18 Resch
    Polygraph Test #3: 10/16/18 Pass
    Jail Tour Twin Towers: 10/27/18
    Ride Along Pico Rivera: 10/27/18
    Conditional Offer: 02/14/19
    Psych: 02/25/19
    Medical: 03/06/19
    Academy 439: 04/04/19
    Graduated 439: 08/22/19

Comment

• Once you take your polygraph and presumedly pass it the first time, how long is the average for backgrounds to clear and receive a conditional offer? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by CGon24 View Post
        Once you take your polygraph and presumedly pass it the first time, how long is the average for backgrounds to clear and receive a conditional offer? Thanks
        It all depends on your background and case load of the background investigator. Could be 4 to 8 months.
        sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
        -George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by cruz0311 View Post

It all depends on your background and case load of the background investigator. Could be 4 to 8 months.
          Thanks for the information

Comment

• I have my pre-academy consultation on 3/27. Anyone else going?

Comment

• Glad to see there are still active folks going through the process. Good luck to all of you, and hang in there! We need good deputies out here!
              Carpe Noctem

Comment

• Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                Glad to see there are still active folks going through the process. Good luck to all of you, and hang in there! We need good deputies out here!
                Thank you Sir! Appreciate the kind words and encouragement!

Comment

• I have orientation on 03/28-03/29 for SO position, is there a dress code for orientation? I would presume business casual?

Comment

• Originally posted by vperez0715 View Post
                    I have orientation on 03/28-03/29 for SO position, is there a dress code for orientation? I would presume business casual?
                    You can never go wrong with suit and tie. Imho

Comment

• Has anyone failed the hearing test and still made it to the academy with hearing aids?

Comment

• Originally posted by eurb
                        *Update* BI reached out Monday 3/25 requesting updated vehicle registration and insurance since moving back to CA (out of state applicant AD military at time of application) and received conditional offer today Tuesday 3/26
                        Congrats! I am currently waiting for my investigator to finish up. He told me he should be done this week. Did you receive your conditional shortly after they reviewed your background?

Comment

• Can anyone give me some insight on what the “Structured Interview” is like ? How can I prepare myself

Comment

• Hi, Gents/Gals.

Its great to see that things are moving quickly for many of you. I've looked and looked and cant seem to find out too much about the EHP (Expedited Hiring Process). Has anyone gone through it? Any advice? I kept having to reschedule my test dates due to work, and was happy that LASD does this too. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Comment

• Gone Castle
                              Gone Castle commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Doesn't expedited testing get you hired faster though? Did you do your ride along already? I tried to get one in Carson, but they told me I had to have a BI assigned first. Have they given you an academy date if the last steps go well?

• For anyone starting the upcoming academy’s
                            I have my set of ld’s for sale that you will need for the different lectures. Dm me (have notes written in them)
                            Last edited by Bn.rosales; 03-31-2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Good day all! I am currently in the process as an out of area applicant. I took my poly and im awaiting a second one since the first was inconclusive.
                              References have recieved questionnaire via email.
                              Looking specifically for others who have been or are currently in the same position as me.
                              Application process:
                              Applied 1/12/2019
                              Written/PAT, interview, background, live scan and poly 03/13,14,15/2019
                              (out of area process)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7947 users online. 181 members and 7766 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X