Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what will be asked on the captain’s interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mvaldo01 View Post
      Anyone know what will be asked on the captain’s interview?
      It is kinda unethical to post or give you the answers to anything on the hiring process. Do your best at any step of the process.
      sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
      -George Orwell

Comment

• Mvaldo01
        Mvaldo01 commented
        Editing a comment
        I might have worded my post incorrect. I intended to ask how do I prepare my self for it. Thank you for your answer though.

• Originally posted by eurb
      *Update* Started DST process back in September 2018 as an out of state applicant. on Saturday Feb 9th I received an email stating that "08 case disposition" had been added to my background file. I am also expecting an in house visit from my BI this week.

Can anyone confirm case disposition means background has been submitted for review? Or know if this means I have moved passed backgrounds?

Thanks in advance.
      Nah its not, but its close to being submitted.

Comment

• DnBlue
        DnBlue commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes the background investigator tells u he or she passed it. Yes, I'm waiting for mine to be approved by the BI
        Supervisor.

• Heard back after applying a day later. Test day for the written and VPAT on the 23rd. Hopefully this is a smooth transition from one job to another!

Comment

• Hi All,

For general information because I had the same question and have seen it asked lately. I just received my conditional offer. Once your BI submits your packet, the packet is sent to the backgrounds supervisor, the supervisor submits it to his superior/panel, if the panel approves your packet you are sent a conditional offer through email. In order to move to the medical and psych portion of the process you need to click on the link to accept the conditional offer using the form provided. The email states you will be contacted by the pre-employment unit to schedule the medical/psych interviews.

Hope this helps,
        Buckle

Comment

• DnBlue
          DnBlue commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! That clears it up!

• word on the street is ... starting class 439, academy will only be 20 weeks long instead of 22. goodluck to everyone in the process!!!

Comment

• JCCruz
          JCCruz commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder if its due because they are trying to add an additional three classes on op of what they already have.

• jaydee25
          jaydee25 commented
          Editing a comment
          i’m not sure . there were 4 classes going on when i was in. 3 in BC and 1 in COC

• I'd expect to wait 1-2 weeks (give or take) after your BI submits your packet to his supervisor, how long it takes seems to depend on your packet/background and the workload they have at time.

Comment

• Anyone know through the medical portion for vision before we go if they have a waiver available for vision? I don’t think I’m gonna be in soft shell lenses and glasses or hard shells are my only option. Eyes open my vision is 20/20 with glasses. Without is absolutely atrocious

Comment

• Hey all, the process seems to be going fairly smooth and quick for me, at this point I’m sitting back waiting for my BI to turn in my packet for review. Here’s my timeline:

12/05/18-Application/Questionnaire[COMPLETED]
            12/12/18-Written Test[COMPLETED]
            12/12/18-Physical Test[COMPLETED]
            12/19/18-Interview/Intake[COMPLETED]
            01/16/19-Meet and Greet with BI[COMPLETED]
            01/23/19-Ride Along[COMPLETED]
            01/31/19-Polygraph[COMPLETED]
            02/05/19-Jail Tour[COMPLETED]
            Reference and Employment Check-TBD
            Admin Review-TBD
            Medical Evaluation-TBD
            Phycological Evaluation-TBD

Comment

• SSJHectic this is what I see in the LASD description.
              • Have at least 20/70 vision in each eye, correctable to 20/30 with only minor color impairment

Comment

• I recently just completed my second polygraph and after it was done I was told to wait in the front lobby while they called quality control. After a few minutes, I was told everyone from quality control has gone home for the day and he will need to submit the results to them tomorrow and they my background investigator will be contacted. I have no idea what that means. I was not questioned at all about my answers, they seemed to have no real concern about anything I said or how I did. Overall they were quite nice actually. Can anyone confirm what this means? Thanks!

Comment

• vuongv89
                  vuongv89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No idea but keep us updated.

• Hello everyone, I’d just like to get some feedback. I took a polygraph in Jan. 2019 and was told that it was inconclusive because my breathing was off. A few weeks later, I spoke to my BI and he said that I actually reacted to a drug question and serious crimes question so I would need to take an issue specific polygraph. This week, I took the second polygraph and the examiner said he didn’t care about the serious crimes question and would only be focusing on drugs. After a few charts, he stopped the polygraph and said that I needed to be honest with him because I was lying about my drug usage. I was adamant that I was not lying however he kept accusing me and told me that we could only proceed if I told him the truth. He ultimately said that he was going to write his report to my BI saying that he believes I’m lying and being deceitful. He told me that he tried to help me, shook my hand and told me good luck as he walked me out. Has anyone had an experience like this? I’ve been totally honest about everything so I’m not sure why he would think I was lying. I would really hate to be disqualified for this.

Comment

• Hello, quick question regarding the purchasing of a handgun in California. I graduated the sheriffs academy and I am now full time sworn. However I’m still 20. If I am fully sworn and show all documentation regarding my law enforcement status (badge and/or ID) will I be allowed to purchase a handgun in California even if I’m not 21 yet? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by GSO75 View Post
                    Hello, quick question regarding the purchasing of a handgun in California. I graduated the sheriffs academy and I am now full time sworn. However I’m still 20. If I am fully sworn and show all documentation regarding my law enforcement status (badge and/or ID) will I be allowed to purchase a handgun in California even if I’m not 21 yet? Thank you.
                    Call pro force or any gun store. I would call pro force since they deal with LEOs all day. You may just have to wait, only thing we are exempt is the off roster BS Cali and mags, if Im not mistaken.
                    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
                    -George Orwell

Comment

• Hello. I just completed my Oral Psych eval and was curious about anyone's experience. I complete the written test and after hours of waiting I sat with Psychiatrist for < 10mins. I left unsettled as the interview was quick and was expecting a more detailed conversation. Felt as if the Dr. had concerns without having my written test results and not having a detailed conversation with me.
                      Throughout the process the experience has went well for me. Passed Poly on first test and was not interrogated or had a bad experience. My BI was thorough and allowed opportunities for me to explain concerns in my background and has been supportive throughout the process.

Also, I have my medical scheduled for next week and email states to dress comfortable. I am anticipating that part of exam will be running on a treadmill. I was planning on wearing lite workout clothes. No graphics, clean and appropriate of course. Can someone who has done the medical portion advise if this attire is okay? Thank you in advance

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5587 users online. 342 members and 5245 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X