300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zietverlust View Post
    Does anyone know if the December academy #436 I'd at bc it coc?
    436 is at BC....434 is the current COC class and they dont graduate until early Feb 2019
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• How does the email for the captains interview look like ? I got an email giving me a date for pre academy consultation with a captain but I’m not sure if that’s what it is or if this is something else.

Comment

• I have been waiting to hear back from my BI for a little over three months now. I moved up in position at my current job so I updated my BI with that information. He said my file was updated and he was submitting it for review. Today I received an email saying I should receive be receiving mail regarding my background investigation shortly.

Has anyone received this email?

Comment

• Originally posted by mando_8 View Post
          I have been waiting to hear back from my BI for a little over three months now. I moved up in position at my current job so I updated my BI with that information. He said my file was updated and he was submitting it for review. Today I received an email saying I should receive be receiving mail regarding my background investigation shortly.

Has anyone received this email?
          If you look back in prior forum posts you'll see dozens of people asking about that. From everything I've seen that means a DQ. If the letter says otherwise please let us know, I'd love to be proven wrong. Best of luck.

Comment

• Anyone know if the DST academy is filled for December

Comment

• Martial_Law
              Martial_Law commented
              Editing a comment
              There are a few more spots, but I know we are already putting bodies into the January class. Your window for Dec has likely closed though.

• Young Nick
              Young Nick commented
              Editing a comment
              December class is starting... Dec. 13?
              How about the January class?

• Update to my timeline, got an email last night that my BI was almost finished with my investigation and would submit it shortly. A couple of minutes after that I got an email that a document was uploaded to my online portal - "08.Case Disposition." I'm guessing this is the completed file and everything's done with the investigation.

Application 4/16/18
            Written / PAT 5/23/18
            Oral Interview 6/6/18
            Background Interview 6/25/18
            Ride-Along (Compton) 6/26/18
            Polygraph 7/9/18
            Jail Tour (NCCF) 7/18/18
            Polygraph Results (Not Notified)
            Background File Submitted 11/13/18
            Background Approval TBD
            Psychological TBD
            Medical TBD
            Captain’s Interview TBD
            Academy Start TBD

Comment

• Zietverlust
              Zietverlust commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice, we have similar timelines. I guess now we sit and wait:

Written/VPAT - 06/16/18
              Structured interview - 06/19/18
              BI interview - 07/03/18
              Jail Tour (Twin Towers)/Live scan - 07/07/18
              Ridealong (Altadena) - 07/09/18
              Poly - 09/12/18
              Background file submitted - 11/07/18

• superschooler
              superschooler commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome, keep me updated on yours Zietverlust!

• Zietverlust
              Zietverlust commented
              Editing a comment
              My BI emailed me today saying that my file was submitted for review. I had assumed the "case disposition" meant it was submitted, but apparently not

• I gotta go back to do my polygraph the third time. I guess they’re only worried about two questions. I hate waiting.

Comment

• Hey all. I'm new here and just wanna chime in! I applied in November 2018 and have already passed the written/VPAT. I believe I was one of the first groups to do the new VPAT that has the Beep Test, so that was interesting. I like it a little better. Instead of waiting for slower runners (no offense) to finish the mile and a half after 15+ minutes, the slower runners were out early on. Leaving the more in-shape people to run the test, which definitely took less than 15 minutes. So I like the change, makes the test go much quicker.

Have my structured interview coming up soon.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I have questions regarding the ride along and jail tours. How long are jail tours? Are they about an hour long or a full day? Also, is it possible to do ride alongs and jail tours on weekends or night shifts? I'm trying to plan out my PTO.
              Last edited by SoCalHopeful; 11-26-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• superschooler
                superschooler commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats on getting the process started! I did my jail tour at NCCF and they usually schedule them on Wednesday evenings (once or twice a month, I believe). As far as the ride-along, you should be able to ask for a given shift. When you meet with you're background investigator they'll give you info on how to schedule these, it's pretty simple. My BI told me to just get them done whenever I had a chance, so I took care of them pretty quickly. You could probably set up a jail tour any time you want by calling the facility and telling them you're an applicant and want to set that up. As far as the ride along, your BI should give you a form to show the officer you ride with, so you'll have to wait to schedule that one. Best of luck!

• SoCalHopeful, your background investigator will give you instructions on all that. Many BI do not give the green light to do the tour and ride along till you clear polys. Take one thing at a time. Its a long and tedious process.
              sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
              -George Orwell

Comment

• SoCalHopeful
                SoCalHopeful commented
                Editing a comment
                Understood! Like I said, I know I'm getting ahead of myself. Was just trying to get a general idea on how much PTO I should expect to save. I likely won't be using any PTO during the holidays, just to keep it saved up. Thanks!

• Double post. Ignore.
              Last edited by SoCalHopeful; 11-28-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Hello all,
                question, for the LASD background packet page for the “Passprt Style Photo” page. It says insert photo here and at the bottom it requires you to put your name date and SS. I understand that the photo has to be in a “passport style” but Does the photo need to be Digital and blow it up to fit on the square or do I just provide a hard copy passport photo.

thank you.

Comment

• JCCruz
                  JCCruz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did both, I recall when I inserted the picture on the space provided it auto-filled, I also took passport size photos as well

• Hello everyone does anyone know what the psychological Interview is like?

Comment

• Deleted ****
                  Last edited by hendo_21; 01-06-2019, 01:10 PM.
                  05/15- Written
                  06/15- VPAT
                  08/15- Turned in background packet
                  09/15- Interview with BI
                  10/15- Poly-Failed, scheduled to retest due to drug and theft
                  11/15- Passed drug, failed theft
                  01/16- reference letters sent
                  02/16- Passed poly
                  04/16- Ride Along

Comment

• How long after the background interview were you scheduled to take your poly/fingerprints? I had mine last week, didn't feel like it went too well, and am just wondering when people were told to schedule a poly? I've also seen people get a poly date during the interview, so needless to say I'm a bit worried.

Comment

• hendo_21
                      hendo_21 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      After the interview with my BI I was given my poly date on the spot, along with my fingerprints. Be advised, don’t do a jail tour or ride along until your BI advises you to. Just be patient and trust the process.

• I have my meeting with my background investigator tomorrow, how soon could I expect to do my polygraph?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5335 users online. 338 members and 4997 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X