Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I took the written and oral pysch the other day. The Dr. was very nice saying that I would make an excellent officer and stated that they couldn’t say if I passed or not via contract but said I don’t have to worry about a thing. Not one question about the written was asked. Oral lasted about 10 minutes. In the Dr.’s defense the doc even stated there was nothing on my background other than the one time marijuana use 3 years ago so there was really nothing to talk about.

So I drive home , 3hrs later I receive a call from the Dr. stating they just went over my test results and It was problematic. Then started questioning me asked if I have a learning disability and starting questioning some of my answers on the written portion and kept saying sorry this is problematic. I thanked her of course And the conversation ended. I didn’t even get a chance to explain any of my answers.

In conclusion, I’m not sure if the Dr. wanted to catch me off guard and wanted me to snap or what not. I thought the oral was based off the written portion. Shall any questions should arise I would be able to explain. I understand these written tests have limited subjectivity, so shouldn’t It have been examined prior to my oral? I’m confused cause I have the medical, which was scheduled prior to my pysch, on the 19th. What do you guys think ?

Oh yeah. Over the phone the doctor emphasized the questions “ at times I wanted to get In a fist fight” “I have wanted to punch someone”

I was then called a psycho.

I was being honest I answered true. I told the doctor I would be lying if I said At one point I didn’t think that. I just said my maturity is what refrains me from doing so.

Comment

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't worry about that. When I had my psych for state DOC a long time ago the Dr was going over the written and called me a liar, irresponsible, then told me to start this second test and five minutes into in told me that he didn't want me to start it. He then berated me for not listening to instructions and made me start the test over.
      When he was all done he told me that he was going to recommend I not get the job. I was hired a few weeks later.

• Criso
      Criso commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you sir for the response and support!

• So I applied on September 6th and on the 11th I got an email saying I was scheduled for my written and psych next Saturday. That was by far the fastest I have ever seen a LE agency move on anything I have applied for. What sucks is that I have the fitness test for BPA the day before the LASD fitness test and the fitness for CBPO the day before that.

Comment

• Criso
      Criso commented
      Editing a comment
      My backgrounds for LASD took 8 months! lucky you. good luck!

• Dang I failed. First lapd pysch now lasd :/

Comment

• Don't get discouraged, man. Just keep trying. At least you made to the psych. Backgrounds is always the biggest hurdle for me. Just curious, what made the doc call you a psycho?

Comment

• Do they allow you to appeal it or anything?

Comment

• Sorry to hear that. Keep pushing. I'm still waiting on my employer and neighbors to be contacted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jwill924 View Post
            Sorry to hear that. Keep pushing. I'm still waiting on my employer and neighbors to be contacted.
            Same here, just waiting patiently and getting ready (shape wise) for when assigned to an academy class

Comment

• The doctor recommended me to appeal. She said she’ll write as much as she can In my file to help me. I’m not sure if I am. To be honest if I had to take It again I would answer It the same, just hoping that next time my written test could be scored and examined prior to the oral so if the doc had any questions I can explain why I chose that.

The doc really didnt like the answers
              ”at times I want to punch someone”
              ”at times I want to fist fight someone”
              ”I have broken things In anger”

obiously any normal person thinks this, but maturity refrains them from doing so. I truly believe the doc didn’t do her due diligence by examining and scoring the exam prior to the oral. After telling me I have nothing to worry about and then calling me 3 hours later saying there are issues with my written left me with no say of my own.

Whatever though. Their losss.

Also, I don’t really care other than the fact I now failed 2 psychs. I don’t want that to affect my future with other departments.

thank you for the support everyone. I will never give up !

Comment

• dvon714
                dvon714 commented
                Editing a comment
                Other departments will do their own psych. They won't know why you failed it, just that you failed. In the future I would suggest NOT admitting something like that. That makes it appear you have a short fuse. The whole point of a psych is to weed out those with anger issues. I get what your're saying. Sometimes you come across someone you want to pop in the nose and probably deserves it. That's not how it comes across on the psych.

• Anyone know how LASD measures body fat? I am 6'1" and about 220 which puts me a bit above the weight range they want but I know I as of last December I was tested on a fancy machine which said I was 17% BF, my scale at home says 20 to 21.5%.

Comment

• moparfan
                moparfan commented
                Editing a comment
                If they still do it, it will be the pinch test. Back, arms, love handle area.

• KJB
                KJB commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay, thanks

• Still waiting. My background investigator just called a week or two ago asking about updates in my work and in general . I've been in 7months with backgrounds. Hopefully I hear something soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eparga23 View Post
                Still waiting. My background investigator just called a week or two ago asking about updates in my work and in general . I've been in 7months with backgrounds. Hopefully I hear something soon.
                Just got a email from my BI. He is working on my file now and putting everything together.

Comment

• Has anyone received a call for a captains interview recently or has had a captains interview recently?

Comment

• Young Nick
                    Young Nick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    and is the captain's interview a group setting? What does it entail?

• Duke1776
                    Duke1776 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also wondering this too. I feel like my medical should be done now. I feel bad calling them so im just gonna wait it out. My understanding captains interview is in a group setting of 15 people. Otherwise im not sure what's asked during it.

• Young Nick
                    Young Nick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How often do you call OHP? I think there is an academy Oct. and the next one is December? In some ways, be selfish or else you are going to be waiting too long. I suggest for you to call them at least once a week, preferably after 4PM. They are all very nice and patient.

• Young Nick
                    Young Nick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Interesting, group setting. Do they drill you with questions?

• Finally good news! My bi just emailed me saying my file was selected for review and i should be contacted within 2-6 weeks.!

Comment

• JCCruz
                    JCCruz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats!, I'm right behind you in the process.

• Young Nick Yes, the Captain's interview is in a group setting, you will be asked questions as in; How have you been preparing for this job?, Why do you want to be a Sheriff Deputy?, Do you have your family support for this position? etc.

Comment

• Written Exam - 6/27/2017
                    VPAT - 7/26/2017
                    Assigned BI - 8/31/2017
                    BI Interview - 09/21/2017
                    Fingerprinted - 09/21/2017
                    Polygraph - 10/09/2017
                    Jail Tour(TTCF) - 11/25/2017
                    Ride-Along(CPT) - 11/27/2017
                    Background Complete - 02/13/2018
                    Written/Oral Psych - 03/12/2018
                    Medical Exam - 03/19/2018
                    Body Fat Re-Check - 07/12/2018
                    Body Fat Re-Check(PASS) - 09/17/2018
                    Captain’s Interview - TBD

STAY DETERMINED AND NEVER QUIT!

Also, class 435 begins 10/25

class 436 begins 12/13.

Comment

• superschooler
                      superschooler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Long road, congrats man!! Do you know how long it took from the time your BI submitted your file to the time it was approved?

• Young Nick
                      Young Nick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      superschooler, it took about 1.5 weeks for me to be approved. BI told me longer, but I guess I got lucky. Only step I didn't have to wait a gazillion of years.

• superschooler
                      superschooler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Awesome, thanks for letting me know young nick! I saw it took Clspring15 6 weeks and saw from other people 1-6 weeks. Seems like there's a good bit of variance here. I heard my file should be submitted this month (September) but am not sure if I'll hear when it is sent in or if I'll just get a call once it's approved.

• RedDot562
                      RedDot562 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      superschooler it took about 2 weeks for me to get approved.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11518 users online. 404 members and 11114 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X