Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My file was submitted for review on June 20th and was approved on August 8th.

Comment

• superschooler
      superschooler commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get scheduled for the medical and psych during the review or only after it was approved?

• Young Nick
      Young Nick commented
      Editing a comment
      Only after it is approved. Within a few days, two following emails will be sent about when your medical and psych appointment.

• Hi guys, my background investigation started 8/23/2018. All that's really left is Background, medical, and psychology. I started the process mid April of 2018. I don't have the exact dates of everything at the moment but i'll update it soon.

So question and story, I really didn't give my current employer a heads up about applying to become a DST, since i thought it was a little too soon. But I got caught by surprise when my b.i. came by my office to talk to my supervisor (08/27/18)

Now shes giving me a hard time at work and micromanaging me (which she never did before).

Now I'm worried that she threw me under the bus..Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks in advanced.

Comment

• Duke1776
      Duke1776 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, Kellson, this happened exactly to me while venturing into law enforcement. My main job is at a hotel and im a patrol volunteer on the side for a local agency. Well my old front office manager HATED the fact that i did volunteer work. Even more so when i told her I applied to multiple agencies (Accepted job for LASD, currently on medical). Luckily she got fired at some point and my new manager has been nothing but supportive. If she was still there i would have looked for a new job because she was making my work experience awful. All i can say is if you can hold out go for it, if not, maybe its not worth it. Because at some point you BI will litteraly sit down with your boss and HR department because thats what mine did. Luckily this was my new boss and i got a lot of praise. So really its your call. Remember also LASD looks for stability in employment. So i dont want to suggest leaving if you been job hopping a lot as well. Anyway thats my 2 cents.

• I was wondering around how long does it take for one to get his/her psychology evaluation results. I had my evaluation a solid six weeks ago and OHP still doesn't have an update for me. Is this considered bad news?
    I have been trying to be as patient as possible, but my seasonal job ended because they knew I couldn't commit for another year.

Comment

• Young Nick
      Young Nick commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually called in about medical a while ago, so they emailed me the request for additional information (which I was able to knock out quickly). It is the psych, I have people who have heard their results and they had their evaluation after me. That is what is most concerning to me...

• Duke1776
      Duke1776 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nick, call the Medical Coordinator, Elba Brunes (213) 229-3107 or (213) 229-3139. Ask for an update regarding the psych. Thats how i found out i passed.

• Young Nick
      Young Nick commented
      Editing a comment
      DUKE. YOU ARE THE BEST! Thanks for the information.
      I don't know how the system works... but, OHP directly told me that they receive the results and inform the preemployment division about medical/psych. For the past seven weeks, they have been telling me that they don't have a result for my psychology evaluation. I didn't bother to call pre-employment because of what they told me.
      I just called Linda right now ((213) 229-3139). I PASSED psych! Medical is pending, almost there.

• Duke1776
      Duke1776 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it nick! Hopefully we'll both be working together soon! Good luck!

• Just curious whats the starting monthly salary for a Deputy Sheriff with only a high school diploma upon graduating the academy? I currently work in a california state prison as a C/O but was curious about maybe applying since hitting the streets has always intrigued my attention. Just want to see how much of a pay cut id be initially taking if i did make the jump. And yes i know i know id first work in the jails so please dont mention this.

Comment

• dvon714
      dvon714 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will your PERS transfer over to LASDs retirement plan?

• $70,503 - $103,717

Comment

• Trainee pay is :
    $5,506.00 – $6,840.00 Monthly
    $5,813.00 (AA/AS Degree )
    $6,137.00 (BA/BS or Higher Degree )
    The college degree is only applied when hired and if you posses one of the degrees. There is no pay bump if you earn one after getting hired. That salary is while in the academy. Once graduate you move to:
    $5,563.32 – $7,708.00 (BPC) Monthly
    $5,936.46 – $8,224.99 (IPC)
    $6,117.03 – $8,475.16 (APC)
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• FutureCo26
      FutureCo26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your reply. How does one reach or obtain an intermediate or advance post certificate? Obviously you probably got to take some classes and training. But is this something you do on your own? Does it come with time served on the force?

• Both training and education points are factored in. The department and CA POST has guidelines for all this. For example someone who has an AA or Bachelors can ascend to intermediate and subsequently to advanced quicker. It took me 10 years to obtain my advanced certificate. But you have to summon all your training stuff and your college transcripts to the department's POST coordinator. It does not automatically happen. There are deputies that are just too lazy or dont know about this and wont bother for years to gather all this stuff. Money lost and its not retroactive until you actually submit for it.
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

• Young Nick
      Young Nick commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted Comment
      Last edited by Young Nick; 08-30-2018, 11:05 AM.

• FutureCo26
      FutureCo26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the information i appreciate it

• Also the way the step increases work is your at the 1st step for one year. Following that every 6 months if you completed custody and or patrol training you move up a step. Once you reach step 5 you have to wait one year before getting step 6. Deputies only reach step 7 once they complete field training. For most deputies who stayed in courts they usually get their step 7 the next month or 2 having passed field training. There are no deputies in custody or courts at step 7 UNLESS they went to patrol and completed training. So basically with in 3 years of hire date a deputy could be top step pay of the basic range.

Your pay always advances as you move up in steps or POST certificates. I have an AA and prior sworn time with a different department, that helped me with getting my intermediate and advance post. At my 7 year mark I got my Advanced Post.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• FutureCo26
      FutureCo26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Was very helpful and informative.

• incorrect post
    Last edited by sassy7932; 08-31-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• I just found out today that I passed my Psych! I’m still waiting for medical clearance... does anyone know when the next academy starts besides the one that starts this Thursday?

Comment

• Duke1776
        Duke1776 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same boat as you. Just waiting to see my doctor on the 14th to collect some documents on a old shoulder injury and I should be good to go!

• Young Nick
        Young Nick commented
        Editing a comment
        Oct 25, I believe.

• October at BC. I think if you go back a couple pages the exact dates are posted.

Comment

• A class graduates and a new class starts roughly every 6-8 weeks
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

• went to to my medical today. Doc said I have high blood pressure. Recommended I see my doctor to get medication. Passed my psych last week. Does high blood pressure mean I’ll get disqualified. Thanks for your input anyone out there

Comment

• SunDevil
            SunDevil commented
            Editing a comment
            Try to lower it on your own, was it high or normal high?

• I dont think anyone on here is a doctor for the county, so its hard to say. This is gonna go through risk management and youll be contacted by them if they need more documentation from your own doctor.
          sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
          -George Orwell

Comment

• I applied for DST in May. On July 20 I had my background interview, he mentioned that I should hear from him between 6 to 8 weeks in regards to moving forward. I believe next is the polygraph. This Friday it will be exactly 8 weeks and I have yet to hear or receive anything. Should I be worried, or just give them time?

Comment

• Young Nick
              Young Nick commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know, I believe this is a bit long... You don't have a polygraph date scheduled right? You can see if there are any other input, but I suggest you to kindly leave him an email and/or giving him a call just asking if there is anymore information you can provide for him.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11768 users online. 416 members and 11352 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X