Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys! Anybody attend pre academy? I'm getting some conflicting information. I have an email that states to bring toiletries and lunch along with water bottle and towel and then the website states only bring water bottle and towel... does any one know if I actually need to bring toiletries and lunch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saltyboot13 View Post

No problem; ditto!

Quick question for any graduates; is two suits enough for the academy? Should I expect both of them to get trashed?
      Just go to one of those 3 for $120 stores for your suits. That'll be enough. And get 5 dress shirts; one for each day of the week. Some people's suits get trashed, others don't. Just make sure you buy these suits with the mindset that they will be for the academy only.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I just turned in my medical records yesterday that were requested. I was wondering if anyone knows if I am going to receive another letter notifying me that everything is fine or will I just be receiving a call for my captains interview?
        Best wishes to everyone in the process!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ambitious_girl View Post
          Hello Everyone,

I just turned in my medical records yesterday that were requested. I was wondering if anyone knows if I am going to receive another letter notifying me that everything is fine or will I just be receiving a call for my captains interview?
          Best wishes to everyone in the process!
          You'll receive a letter in the mail if they need anymore information regarding medical or you'll get a call to schedule your captains interview in 3 weeks. The next academy is on April 13th. If you somehow pass medical in 2 weeks you'll most likely get in that class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saltyboot13 View Post

No problem; ditto!

Quick question for any graduates; is two suits enough for the academy? Should I expect both of them to get trashed?
            2 suits is plenty. 3 dress shirts, a black "zip up" tie from Walmart, and steamer to touch your garments up and you will be good to go. Don't get too concerned about how professional your suit will look. As soon as you hump the hill at BC with your war bag, your suit will look like crap anyways. Get them dry cleaned every couple of weeks and get some dress shoes that have that polished look, preferably without laces. Some of these suggestions will make sense when you see the locker room.

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Micah 6:8
            March 13, 2013

Comment

• how hard is the written entrance exam, and do lasd have a age limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo16 View Post
                how hard is the written entrance exam, and do lasd have a age limit.
                The written exam isn't very hard just be sure to study up on High School English; understand meaning of words, spelling, grammar, reading comprehension, etc. They said there is no age limit. Good luck to you!

Comment

• Thank you I appreciate.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68Firebird View Post

2 suits is plenty. 3 dress shirts, a black "zip up" tie from Walmart, and steamer to touch your garments up and you will be good to go. Don't get too concerned about how professional your suit will look. As soon as you hump the hill at BC with your war bag, your suit will look like crap anyways. Get them dry cleaned every couple of weeks and get some dress shoes that have that polished look, preferably without laces. Some of these suggestions will make sense when you see the locker room.
                    Very wise advice, thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gpm1992 View Post

You'll receive a letter in the mail if they need anymore information regarding medical or you'll get a call to schedule your captains interview in 3 weeks. The next academy is on April 13th. If you somehow pass medical in 2 weeks you'll most likely get in that class.
                      Thank you for the information. I am hoping I get the call soon
                      Are you attending the April academy? Do you know if its going to be at Biscailuz Center?

Comment

Are you attending the April academy? Do you know if its going to be at Biscailuz Center?
                        According to the Orientation Workshop I went to last week the next 2 Academy classes will be at BRTC. One in april and one in May

I believe salty and gpm are going into this April class. Try messaging them for more info on the April Class

Comment

• Originally posted by Juiceman27 View Post

According to the Orientation Workshop I went to last week the next 2 Academy classes will be at BRTC. One in april and one in May

I believe salty and gpm are going into this April class. Try messaging them for more info on the April Class
                          I appreciate the information. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juiceman27 View Post

So will the class after May be at COC?

Comment

Yes it's going to be there and it starts April 13th. Yesterday during my captains interview the class was at 43 recruits who were signed up already, they stated they aim for about 90-100 recruits per class. For your medical records did submit a SCL a waiver or a different thing?

If you don't make it time for class 423 you could be offered a OTS position which I recommend anyone to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gpm1992 View Post

Yes it's going to be there and it starts April 13th. Yesterday during my captains interview the class was at 43 recruits who were signed up already, they stated they aim for about 90-100 recruits per class. For your medical records did submit a SCL a waiver or a different thing?
                                Congratulations, man. Look forward to seeing you in the academy!

To the rest of you; if you haven't heard, your initial equipment and uniforms are kind of expensive. Get ready to drop at the minimum a grand.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7020 users online. 367 members and 6653 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X