Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L.A.S.D DST Status

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just an update on my process that began in 8/2015...Just received a DQ letter because of issues involving employment, conduct and judgement. I know what I need to work on and intend on reapplying after the one year mark. Good luck to the rest of you! LASD is a great department.

    Comment


    • Sorry to hear that Dt1911. Admire you wanting to try again.

      Comment


      • Hello everyone, happy new year to all!
        I just received a call and I now have a Captains interview this Thursday, my process is finally moving along.

        Comment


        • Just got an email from by BI stating he is now working on my file and should be about 1-2 months before he completes that part! question for all that have passed, how long after your packet is submitted do you get scheduled for your psychological exams and medical? Trying to get a rough time frame for estimated completion

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mtorres1995 View Post
            Hello everyone, happy new year to all!
            I just received a call and I now have a Captains interview this Thursday, my process is finally moving along.

            That's great news Mtorres1995 , when did you originally applied?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by prospectnoob View Post
              Just got an email from by BI stating he is now working on my file and should be about 1-2 months before he completes that part! question for all that have passed, how long after your packet is submitted do you get scheduled for your psychological exams and medical? Trying to get a rough time frame for estimated completion
              It took about three weeks to receive a call to schedule my psych and medical after my packet was submitted to the review board.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jr1770 View Post


                That's great news Mtorres1995 , when did you originally applied?
                I passed my captains interview and I am set to attend the Jan 26th academy at Biscaliuz. I applied Nov. 2015. I had trouble with my medical which is why my process took longer than expected.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mtorres1995 View Post

                  It took about three weeks to receive a call to schedule my psych and medical after my packet was submitted to the review board.
                  Awesome, thank you!

                  Comment


                  • I recently applied to LASD and since I live out of state, I'm doing the out-of-state program which is the first six step of the hiring process. Is there any advice I can receive to help get through this

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Henrys_07 View Post
                      I recently applied to LASD and since I live out of state, I'm doing the out-of-state program which is the first six step of the hiring process. Is there any advice I can receive to help get through this
                      I was also an out of state applicant at the time I applied. The written test and vpat are self explanatory. I was given my PHS immediately after I passed the vpat and was told that it would need to be completed with all the required documentation (birth cert, driving record, credit report...etc.) the very next day, so have all that ready just in case. After your background interview, your investigator will schedule your polygraph. The investigation will begin and your investigator will be in contact with you if they need anything else.

                      My investigation took a year and four months to be completed. I was just notified that I have been DQ'd for a year due to issues with my employment and past conduct displayed on social media. So just a heads up, the department requires at least a year of good employment, before applying. I had a pretty solid work history since 2005, but got fired in Jan. 2016. Don't get terminated from anywhere during your process! Good luck!

                      Comment


                      • Hello All,

                        can someone tell me what the dress code is for the written exam?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by isquiej View Post
                          Hello All,

                          can someone tell me what the dress code is for the written exam?
                          When I took my test I dressed business casual. The test was adminstiered by civilian employees. I did see multiple people who weren't dressed the part, full beards, basketball shorts, etc. I even saw at least 4 individuals wearing their work uniform (security).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by prospectnoob View Post
                            Just got an email from by BI stating he is now working on my file and should be about 1-2 months before he completes that part! question for all that have passed, how long after your packet is submitted do you get scheduled for your psychological exams and medical? Trying to get a rough time frame for estimated completion
                            I just recieved a call 30 mins ago advising me that I passed my background investigation and that I will am being scheduled for my written psychological test on the 19th. My BI submitted my file exactly 11 days ago however he said I was looking at waiting 1-2 months to receive an answer. So thankful to God, these were the 11 longest days of my life I can't imagine the anxiousness waiting 1-2 months like previous applicants have.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gpm1992 View Post

                              When I took my test I dressed business casual. The test was adminstiered by civilian employees. I did see multiple people who weren't dressed the part, full beards, basketball shorts, etc. I even saw at least 4 individuals wearing their work uniform (security).
                              thank for the info Gpm1992. if you don't mind me asking, how long has your process been?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by isquiej View Post

                                thank for the info Gpm1992. if you don't mind me asking, how long has your process been?
                                I initially applied Jan/2016 for LASD SO (Security Officer) I received the results in about 1-2 weeks saying I passed. I then received an email giving me a list of documents and other writing assignments such as 5 page autobiography. Around July I got a call from a deputy advising he was my BI but by that time I had debated long enough and decided to see if it was possible to transfer my test scores to DST since it was the exact same process. I advised him if I could withdraw my application for SO and get transferred to DST in which he said I could. I waited about two weeks then I received an email stating my test scores were successfully transferred and that I was being scheduled from my VPAT in August 29th. I passed that along and was received for intake in my gym cloths. I also turned in some of the documents that were required and got my finger prints scanned. I was ask selected to be apart of a new hiring process called E-Hire which I can upload all my documents online. My references didn't need to mail their letters via paper mail they received emails. A buddy of mine applied a month before I did in December 2015 but we both transferred our scores over as in July and he wasn't selected for the E-Hire program and his process is going a bit slower than mine. Good luck with your written test it's all common sense, I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar but I will accomplish the mission if you need me to.


                                8/29/16 VPAT/Intake
                                9/14/16 Met my BI and went over my PHS
                                10/4/16 Passed my polygraph test
                                10/10/16 Jail tour at MCJ
                                10/11/16 Ride along at East LA Station
                                12/30/16 BG packet submitted
                                1/19/17 Written Psych

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 15267 users online. 461 members and 14806 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X