300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    Yeah....like the two recruits that got canned the day before graduation several months ago.....for something REALLLY dumb on their part.....and something that they would have not been fired for if they had simply jumped on the grenade right off the bat (or written their own staff evals to begin with)
    Yes, Sir. Exactly what I was thinking. Words fail me...
    Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Micah 6:8
    March 13, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob90 View Post
      Excuse my ignorance, but could you explain what an LD Test is?

I'm assuming 'double tapping' means 'to consecutively repeat/fail?
      The staff will explain what portions of the test you had difficulty with. They do not want you to fail. Most people fail tests by missing the cut off score by 1 or 2 questions. Sometimes, they are poorly worded questions. Just study, and put some quality time in. You will do fine.
      Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

March 13, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Riverag29 View Post
        Lol I'm from 417 we've only lost 4 not 20
        My bad I meant 416

Comment

• Just an update... I passed my oral psych yesterday. I have to return to my medical and redo my weigh in because they want me to lose more weight. I go back in November for that. After I make weight, I will be awaiting my Captain's interview!
          Good luck, everyone!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          11.19.15 Structured Interview
          02.25.16 Background Interview

03.08.16 Polygraph *passed*
          04.20.16 Jail Tour @ NCCF
          04.22.16 Ride Along @ Lancaster

05.24.16 Meeting w/ Background Investigator & File Submitted
          08.25.16 Medical Evaluation *failed (body fat too high); retest after 11/10*
          08.27.16 Written Psych
          09.08.16 Oral Psych

Comment

• Originally posted by DK18 View Post
            Ah ok, that makes sense. 60 at one time!?[emoji54]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I also had my medical 2 weeks before my written psych on 8/27. It was definitely a full house that day!

08.27.16 Written Psych
            09.08.16 Oral Psych

Comment

• Originally posted by glocksnotcrocs View Post
              DK I had my written psych with about 60 other hopefuls for 419 on 8/27/2016 with a medical the following week (9/1/2016). Scheduled for the psych follow-up 9/12/2016.
              I was there for the written on 8/27 too!

08.27.16 Written Psych
              09.08.16 Oral Psych

Comment

• Originally posted by emackdaddy View Post
                Just an update... I passed my oral psych yesterday. I have to return to my medical and redo my weigh in because they want me to lose more weight. I go back in November for that. After I make weight, I will be awaiting my Captain's interview!
                Good luck, everyone!
                November?? Damn. Has the aforementioned deputy said anything about renewing any of your documents or tests?

Bumping also my previous post about being in the reserves & carpooling during the academy.

"Regarding carpooling, is it still required if you live or plan to live within a certain mile radius of the academy? For those of you in the reserves, how far in advance are you planning to drill out? Obviously for the academy but how far into your probation would be recommended? "

Comment

November?? Damn. Has the aforementioned deputy said anything about renewing any of your documents or tests?

Bumping also my previous post about being in the reserves & carpooling during the academy.

"Regarding carpooling, is it still required if you live or plan to live within a certain mile radius of the academy? For those of you in the reserves, how far in advance are you planning to drill out? Obviously for the academy but how far into your probation would be recommended? "
                  No, everything is up to date in my file. So I should only have to weigh-in to be completely finished.

08.27.16 Written Psych
                  09.08.16 Oral Psych

Comment

• For those of you in 419 I recommend going to Goodies before going to the Emporium. Goodies has everything you need except for your PT gear. They have a chart just for our class with everything you need with the total price. They have great customer service and great insight on what you will need and when. I went there today and they made the buying process smooth and easy.
                    Written: 10/07/2015
                    VPAT: 10/20/2015
                    Structured Interview: 11/05/2015
                    Background Interview: 12/07/2015
                    References and Employer contacted via email: 12/08/15
                    Polygraph: 12/28/2015 (Inconclusive)
                    2nd Polygraph: 02/09/2016 (Passed)
                    Jail Tour (MCJ): 03/08/2016
                    Ride Along (Compton): 03/11/2016
                    Background submitted for review: 07/05/2016
                    Written Psych: 07/30/2016
                    Oral Psych: 08/05/2016
                    Medical: 08/05/2016
                    Captain's Interview: 09/01/2016
                    Start Academy (Class 419): 10/13/2016

Comment

Carpooling is a MUST no exceptions, even if you live a block away! You always arrive with your partners and leave with your partners!

Comment

• Originally posted by Son of LA View Post
                        For those of you in 419 I recommend going to Goodies before going to the Emporium. Goodies has everything you need except for your PT gear. They have a chart just for our class with everything you need with the total price. They have great customer service and great insight on what you will need and when. I went there today and they made the buying process smooth and easy.
                        Nice people, just really freakin expensive. Don't let the emporium sell you a million sets of everything, just sayin...

March 13, 2013

Comment

• I second that, I've been going to them off and on since I've been a dep. They've just recently in the last few years made that list of theirs in a crazy lil scheme to sell you what they think you should have. Although convinient, it's expensive. You can go in, get your uniforms and maybe snapshot the list and get most of that stuff online. But then again some folks just want everything put together for convinience sake.
                          sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
                          -George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by Peralta31 View Post
                            Carpooling is a MUST no exceptions, even if you live a block away! You always arrive with your partners and leave with your partners!

Is that LASD policy when in the academy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Beretta_m9a1 View Post
                              Is that LASD policy when in the academy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                              Yes!

Comment

• Yes they are expensive but convenient. As a new recruit I feared my things would not be delivered on time or the wrong equipment would be sent. So I stayed away from ordering online. However, shopping online is cheaper and I will buy online in the future.
                                Written: 10/07/2015
                                VPAT: 10/20/2015
                                Structured Interview: 11/05/2015
                                Background Interview: 12/07/2015
                                References and Employer contacted via email: 12/08/15
                                Polygraph: 12/28/2015 (Inconclusive)
                                2nd Polygraph: 02/09/2016 (Passed)
                                Jail Tour (MCJ): 03/08/2016
                                Ride Along (Compton): 03/11/2016
                                Background submitted for review: 07/05/2016
                                Written Psych: 07/30/2016
                                Oral Psych: 08/05/2016
                                Medical: 08/05/2016
                                Captain's Interview: 09/01/2016
                                Start Academy (Class 419): 10/13/2016

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2896 users online. 132 members and 2764 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X