Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody currently in the "process" for L.A.P.D.?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody currently in the "process" for L.A.P.D.?

This morning I had my initial background investigation. They told me they would get a hold of me within 2 weeks via phone or mail.

I've gone to CAPS just once so far.

Hispanic female with a Bachelor's degree...Hopefully I'll get the job??? *crosses fingers*

Anybody have any experiences they would like to share? Would like to meet more candidates!

Im in the process myself. Just started like 3 weeks ago and my initial Background is scheduled for next month. Been to CAPS 2 times so far on saturday. Going again this weekend.

Best of luck!!! See you at CAPS sometime.
    Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyadams714 View Post
      Im in the process myself. Just started like 3 weeks ago and my initial Background is scheduled for next month. Been to CAPS 2 times so far on saturday. Going again this weekend.

Best of luck!!! See you at CAPS sometime.
      How is CAPS coming along so far for you? I'm gonna go back in 2 weeks hopefully Tuesdays/Thurs @ Pierce and/or Saturdays at Ahmanson. I need to get my work out on!

Have you done the physical abilities test yet? I think that's the next step for me, as well as the polygraph...

Thanks and good luck to you too! See you at CAPS hopefully

Comment

I have my poly Tuesday. The process has been pretty quick for me. From my understandinf after your initial bg interview you should have been scheduled for the next step before you left. I may be wrong though.

Comment

Like somebody told me about before you shoulf go to www.policebackground.net it has everything lapd and there are actual bg investigators you can chat with there.

Comment

How long have you been in the process for? My credit is messed up because Im trying to short sale my home, so I have a feeling they are going to investigate a little bit more on that before scheduling my poly...I hope?

My BI said to expect something from them in 2 weeks...so we'll see...

Comment

I started in April.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaGirl View Post
                This morning I had my initial background investigation. They told me they would get a hold of me within 2 weeks via phone or mail.

I've gone to CAPS just once so far.

Hispanic female with a Bachelor's degree...Hopefully I'll get the job??? *crosses fingers*

Anybody have any experiences they would like to share? Would like to meet more candidates!
                ...Really?? is that SO Important that you had to list it( race?) you could have left it at " young woman, college educated, bi -lingual." you may be new to posting here, but one of the biggest peeves I personally have( and others also) is the " my race is" .Technically NO ONE cares what your race is( except the few PC folks in Personnel, and the day they STOP looking for race over the character of a person, or what they actually bring to the collective field, we may yet have a Police Dept that is truly empathetic to its citizens- In my career ,I have YET to see an officer do something right or wrong solely based on their ethnicity) and being from a certain ehtnic group doesn't exactly mean you share "common ties" with the citizens you will be working for- you are to be neutral in your dealings and attitudes toward the diverse community you serve.

Now If you're in the background phase, only YOU and you alone KNOW if you meet the qualifications. As far as CAPS? please "try" and go more than once, unless you are already in fairly good shape( ala, exercise vigorously more than 3 times a week, 45 mins a day). If you are NOT in shape, I seriously suggest you make the effort to go to CAPS as much as possible. Far too many recruits take the "new and imporved" Police Academy for granted, and wash out because they are NOT ready physically( and mentally as well)

Do exactly what you are requested to do from backgrounds ASAP, and be where and when they tell you to. good luck, and post as time goes on...

currently the city of L.A. is hiring LEOs at a trickle, and the academy isn't even open to a new recruit class. unless you been in the process for over a year ,you should be good to go down the line. congratualtions for choosing the LAPD, hope you truly commit to the badge, and see it as more than just a " steady paycheck"...
                "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

I am planning to go to CAP as soon as I get back from vacation in 2 weeks. I could not exercise the entire month of June because I was really sick.

The only reason I put my race was because I know LAPD wants diversity, I was just being funny. No biggy.

Comment

And no, I don't see it as a steady paycheck, I see this as a career Thanks for all your advice!

Comment

I am planning to go to CAP as soon as I get back from vacation in 2 weeks. I could not exercise the entire month of June because I was really sick.

The only reason I put my race was because I know LAPD wants diversity, I was just being funny. No biggy.

Actually at this point w LAPD diversity would be white as it is now 61% hispanic

Comment

Do you mean the department is now 61% Hispanic?

Comment

Do you mean the department is now 61% Hispanic?
                          Yup, more hispanic officers then any other race

Comment

How long have you been in the process for? My credit is messed up because Im trying to short sale my home, so I have a feeling they are going to investigate a little bit more on that before scheduling my poly...I hope?

My BI said to expect something from them in 2 weeks...so we'll see...
                            I went for my inital background interview about a month ago. They were screening people out left and right based on what was in their background packet and the credit report that they ran that morning.
                            When they went through my packet, they gave me a yellow card and told me to go to another room and have them schedule me for my PAT and Poly right then and there.

I may be wrong, but because they told you they would call or email you in two weeks, that may not be good. I have a feeling the bad credit may be an issue.
                            But I may be wrong, just stating my experience (and others that were there the same day as me) compared to yours.

Comment

As long as you pat your bills on time your actual number score doesn't really matter.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9606 users online. 383 members and 9223 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X