Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmer G. "Geronimo" Pratt Dead

Former Black Panther whose murder conviction was overturned dies at 63
    Elmer G. "Geronimo" Pratt, a former Black Panther whose 1972 murder conviction was overturned after he spent 27 years behind bars for a crime he said he did not commit, has died at 63.
    Black Panther
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

"...spent 27 years behind bars for a crime he said he did not commit."

Emphasis placed where it counts. Just because he said it, doesn't mean it's true.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

If I gave my condolences, I'd be lying.
      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

good riddance.

Comment

Let's see...

Denial, check!
          Anger, check!
          Bargaining, check!
          Depression, check!
          Acceptance, check!

I'm ready to wipe and move on, in the time it took to type this post.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Geronimo Pratt was a thug- many "thugs" flocked to the BPP because they THOUGHT they could "legitimize" their hoodlum lifestyles and behavior, under the guise of being "revolutionaries". The inv. and prosecution was proven to be flawed after a long and drawn out appeal process. My personal belief is that a "higher power" PUNISHED Pratt with those 27 yrs for other UNREPORTED fiendish acts...

Former BPP member and one time candidate for the city council in Oakland, Elaine Brown talked about the drugs, thuggishness, and self destructive behavior in the BPP in her book, " A taste of power".It was this "thuggishness" that led to my buddies uncle, "Bunchy Carter" and another BPP associate, being shot to death on the campus of UCLA....
            Last edited by DOAcop38; 06-04-2011, 07:53 PM.
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3949 users online. 254 members and 3695 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X