300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more sjpd layoffs

147 more officers to receive pink slips by end of june..... how many more officers need to lose their jobs before the state realize they need us :-\

How the hell can they respond to calls quick enough? If I get stabbed I hope it doesnt happen in SJ.
    Last edited by Courtguy; 06-03-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Are you serious?? What's gonna happen when we eventually get down to 500 cops (and we all knows it's going to happen) to police over 1 million people. This situation is going bad fast.
      Press hard, you're making 4 copies.

Comment

Yikes. I know a long time SJPD cop... Which people are first to go?

Comment

http://protectsanjose.com/content/pr...tive-agreement

Comment

Rumor is that officers with up to six years on are looking at layoffs. It has to be strictly on seniority. And that means that a number of sergeants will backfill to being officers.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I've heard 46 Sergeants and 1 LT are/were looking at demotions. This could have been if the POA did not accept the 10% cut they accepted this afternoon. However even with the recent concession they are still facing upwards of 100 layoffs. SJPD is experiencing significant changes right now...beginning with the consolidation/elimination of VCET into METRO, the K9 program being completely restructured, MERGE losing one of two teams to another division, whole patrol teams consisting of officers facing impending lay offs and all of this with summer rounding the corner...Violent crime is already on the rise and the Mercury Pravda has reported that SJ is on pace to triple the amount of 187's from last year...All of this with a City Manager, Mayor and Council that has yet offered to take a pay cut...I hope the best for the men and women of the SJPD.
              Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
              Ronald Reagan

Comment

Cutting VCET, MERGE and K9 is probably the worst mistake ever made in the history of SJPD. Even coppers in other counties know how good and effective those teams are, and how badly they are needed with what is going on in San Jo.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I think the fact that they cut the Gang Investigations unit in half and combined it with VCET started the path that the City is on right now.

Their tentative contract has some serious changes in store for them.

In fact, we started accepting Lateral Applications just last week. The application period will close 06/09/2011. I have tried to get the word out through my contacts, but if you guys know anyone on SJPD and they are interested in the SO...
                  semper destravit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4479 users online. 271 members and 4208 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X