Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old LASD recruiting video

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

I. Must. Join. Lasd!

Comment

Best recruiting ad ever! Almost makes me want to call that number.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Where's the disclaimer?

Only friends of Lee Baca and family need apply!*

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5399071.story
        Last edited by pulicords; 05-29-2011, 05:30 PM.
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

That's another thread.

This is from the Sherman Block era.
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
            That's another thread.

This is from the Sherman Block era.
            Sheriff Block is greatly missed.
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
              Sheriff Block is greatly missed.
              Ain't that the friggin truth?????
              Carpe Noctem

Comment

Sherman and Peter J. must be rolling over in their graves knowing Baca is running the dept..
                Retired LASD

Comment

That was a real good video.

Comment

Man, that brought back memories. Thanks for posting!
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Smurfette
                    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                    Originally posted by DAL
                    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

That was awesome! Truly the good old days..now if you stopped to talk to two girls in bikinis on the beach 30 people would call to complain!

Comment

Wow they make the 80's look fun.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLEO77 View Post
                          Wow they make the 80's look fun.
                          I came in at the end of the 80s and it was. The equipment and training were not as good, but there were other things that were better. No video cameras in the hands of every yay-hoo who wanted his 15 minutes was the biggest.
                          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

The applicants that really knew what they were getting into from the start, did have fun on the job. Unfortunately, some of those that were attracted to the job by videos like this were pretty shocked when the hit the streets! Recruiting was pretty tough at times and when "newbies" found out they had to do things like search dirty, drunk and infected transients, restrain themselves with gang members that spit in their faces, work "forced" OT, and deal with the lack of sleep on "Early Mornings" shifts, a lot of that glamor wore off. A lot of people said it wasn't worth it and went off to make their fortunes during the, "Dot Com Boom".

Comment

If you notice, Assistant Sheriff Tanaka is riding the ATV on the beach.
                              sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
                              -George Orwell

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3533 users online. 238 members and 3295 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X