Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11:00 am here hopefully it wont be to hot at that time.

Comment

Everyday When I go 10-8 in the mornings it is still in 90s. Good luck but there are no cool days in the months of july-Sept

Comment

Hey Scott, you're right you would have seen me because we were both at the 11:00 today and there wasn't that many of us. Considering that had us numbered and testing in alphabetical order and I was the starting number at 137 and my last name starts with an "S" I'm thinking there was under 200 people taking the physical in total. UNFORTUNATELY for me I was soooo psyched out (this was my first real physical agility test) that I didn't get over the wall. I have no idea what came over me I'd practiced all week and was bruised from one end to the other. I was literally jumping random fences all over my neighborhood. Pretty disappointed. I've never actually blatantly "FAILED" at anything in my life. Guess this was a valuable learning experience. Maybe it wasn't my time to pursue "officer" status yet. However, I was told they'll be open for hiring again in the "near future" whatever their definition of "near" is, and whenever it happens, I'll be there and I'll definitely kill it next time... Good Luck Scott I hope you passed man, best wishes for you!!
        ICE 1811 - Application submitted 6/07

San Diego County Sheriff's Dept. - Application Submitted 6/21

Comment

Originally posted by Native View Post
          I attended the practice physical also. I did pretty well on each event, it only took me 5 seconds to finish the solid wall climb. What time are you guys scheduled for on thursday?
          Hope you did well!

Comment

Thank you Chrystal. I did really well! And i'm sorry to hear about your bad news. Scott which group were you in? One of the training officers called me a "freak of nature."

Comment

Sorry to hear about that crystal. I was in the other 11:00 half, I was the talk guy wearing all black. I finished 3rd in the 500 "the guy sprouting at the end."

Don't let it get you down, I have failed my share of agencies.

Comment

Oh okay, I went with the second group who ran the 500, I got second. haha. I did really well on everything else though, fastest times on both wall climbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott26 View Post
                  Sorry to hear about that crystal. I was in the other 11:00 half, I was the talk guy wearing all black. I finished 3rd in the 500 "the guy sprouting at the end."

Don't let it get you down, I have failed my share of agencies.
                  Ehh, it was a big blow to my ego, because I was thinking "No problem, I got this." -- just goes to show me! I must've looked as defeated as I felt, because the Lieutenant put me in check before I left. Told me I better bring my a** back there the next time they're hiring and kick that wall's a**. Naturally, I intend to do just that.

Comment

Oh okay, I went with the second group who ran the 500, I got second. haha. I did really well on everything else though, fastest times on both wall climbs.
                    That's Awesome! Sounds like You (& Scott) both totally rocked it. Good luck on your interviews!! Something I noticed that I found pleasantly surprising was how encouraging all of the Lieutenant's and the other training officers were. No one was putting you down, or being discouraging. They really want people to succeed and do well, and they want ethical, solid, level-headed officers on the force. That being said, I hope everything works out in your favor(s)! I'll be going at it on the next round.

Comment

Thank you for the support Chrystal! I see you applied with the SD Sheriffs dept, have you taken the written yet?

Comment

Scott, how was the oral interview?

Comment

Scott, how was the oral interview?
                          I think it went well, I had heard some of the questions before which helped. However there were a few curve balls that I think I could have done better on, but I tend to be hard on myself and there is always room for improvement.

Comment

Were Lt. Hans Strand or Lt. Tim Finneran there?
                            Timelines:

CBPO
                            App: 2/12/09
                            Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                            Written: 2/20/09
                            NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                            TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                            App: 5/5/09
                            Geo: San Diego
                            Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                            NOR: 7/20/09
                            Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                            TO: 10/6/09
                            Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                            Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                            Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                            App: 8/17/10
                            Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                            TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Possibly, however i did not interview with either one of them.

Comment

Deleted due to dupl.
                                Last edited by Chrystal; 07-21-2011, 04:06 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4128 users online. 256 members and 3872 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X