300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakersfield PD

Their HR told me they'll start accepting apps May 31. Anyone have any info on them?

Accepting apps for recruit, lateral, already POST qualified?

And I have no info on the PD. Only time I've ever been to Bakersfield was to pass through it. Didn't seem like a bad place, then again how much of an impression can you get in ~half an hour.
    Press hard, you're making 4 copies.

Comment

They told me entry level police officer

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLEO77 View Post
        They told me entry level police officer
        I've heard from people within the department, that they will be holding their own academy. Therefore, they will be accepting apps for cadets. Academy will start in august/september. Best of luck to you, if you are from out of the area.

Comment

So then they'll be hiring more than just a few officers then?

Comment

I relocated to Bakersfield from LA to be a state C/O. I love the BPD and Kern County Sheriff's. They are allowed to do their jobs and we have a DA that backs them. The area is conservative and generally supports LE.

Comment

Those are always BIG positives.

Comment

The academy starts in mid September. I heard they are looking to hire around 17.

Comment

I forgot to mention that they have take home cars too. If you live in Baks the cost of living is low. A very nice house can be picked up for 150,000 (and dropping).

Comment

BPD sounds like a great place to work then

Comment

Expect very stiff competition. I talked to a partner today that is going to apply. He was in the army; went to Iraq 3 or 4 times. He has been a Correctional Peace Officer for 5 years and is on our CRT team. He was slated to go to the CHP academy and a week or 2 before his start date he was stop-lossed. He is a very qualified candidate and there are many others in this area like him. He was told by a BPD officer that he was doing some joint training with that they are looking to pick up 27 recruits. Good luck to you!

Comment

It'd be nice to have some of those qualifications. But you won't get hired at all if you don't try, so good luck to all of them. At least they're not looking for one or two guys to hire.

Comment

Hello everyone! Any updates/info out there about the department???

Comment

They went to [email protected] this year.

Comment

I was waiting for Zam to jump in... =D
                              Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                              Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5017 users online. 282 members and 4735 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X