Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCR written exam

Hello everybody,

I am getting ready to take my written exam for the CDCR and was wondering if anybody has taken it?
    If you have, can you tell me what the test consist of. So i can get a brief idea what i can prepare for.

Thanks for any help

Are you looking for a little headsup to get the jump on others? Have you bothered to look through the CDCR site?

CDCR
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Thanks Sgt CHP. I did do my research on the CDCR website. Just trying to get an inside on the written. I don't think to many people on here are with the CDCR. Thanks again.

Comment

Try PM'ing these users, they are all CDCR I think:
        richjorg
        FPenCo
        BigHouseGreen

Comment

I took it a few months ago. About half of it is math, mostly word problems working with distance, money, time etc., the other half consists of grammar, spelling, sentence structure.

Comment

hey guys thanks, appreciate the responses.

Comment

Eddie,

I dont know what your educational background is but the cdcr test is very simple. Its much easier then a POST exam in my opinion. Basic math and they give you a calculator. I took my test about 6 months ago in Rancho.

Comment

Thanks bradlee,

Ok cool, that's good to know.my educational background is some college. I passed a police entrance exam before, so i shouldn't have a problem with this one. How far along did you go in the hiring process? are you still going through it?

Comment

I am currently in backgrounds. Its a very long process. I took the written test in November 2010, its just a lot of waiting. I had to wait about 3 months to take my physical agility test. Now i have been in backgrounds for close to 3 months. Some people only had to wait a little over two months to take the agility test. I am assuming i had to wait longer due to all the holidays. I scored a 95 on the test and was told the only way to get 100 was with veterans points (which i am not).
                  If you know how to use a calculator and read you should have absolutely no problem with the test.

Comment

They give you a calculator now?! We must really be scrapping the bottom of the bottom of the barrel!!

Comment

Yes they give you a calculator. Maybe i am overstating how easy it was, i have a bachelors degree and for ME it was by far the easiest LE type of test i have ever taken. I have done border patrol and several t-score type tests. I usually score 63-66 on my t-score tests. Surprisingly out of the group of about 40-50 that took the test with me about 15 didnt pass. It was kind of sad.

Comment

When I took it about 10 years ago they showed a video that you had to write a report on. Do they still do that? Calculator now...wow. As for scrapping the bottom of the barrel when I was still in the prisons I think they were grabbing some from under the barrel. Glad to be a parole agent now but may be going back to institutions with this whole public safety realignment that Brown wants to do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4871 users online. 305 members and 4566 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X