Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspect in Custody in Giants Fan Beating Case

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...0,134898.story

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- A suspect in the case of the brutal beating of San Francisco Giants Fan Brian Stow has been arrested, the reports confirm Sunday.

The suspect was taken into custody around 7 a.m. at an East Hollywood apartment building.

LAPD Northeast Division detectives and SWAT officers arrived with a warrant and arrested a man described as having a bald head and tattoos on his neck and arms, matching the vague description released by police last month.

He did not appear to resist arrest, the Times said.

At a news conference on Tuesday, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck announced there are 17 detectives working full-time on the case.

The department has received about 500 various clues.

Detectives say they have several strong leads, particularly pertaining to the female driver of the car that took the two suspects away on the night of the beating.

The assault happened around 8:30 p.m. in Parking Lot 2 following the Dodgers home opener on March 31.

Two suspects reportedly knocked Stow to the ground, kicking him repeatedly in the head.

Stow suffered a severe skull fracture and bruising to his frontal lobe.

The LAPD stepped up its presence at games since the March 31 beating, with officers on foot, horseback, bikes and Segways.

The reward for information leading to their arrest and conviction now stands at more than $200,000.

Stow was transferred to a Bay-area hospital last week after showing promising development.

On Wednesday, doctors at San Francisco General Hospital said Stow has been weaned off of five anti-seizure medications and his brain did not show any seizure activity during 30 hours of constant monitoring.

Excellent! Hopefully when it's all over in court and someone is convicted of it, the judge will do the right thing and send him to prison for as long as possible.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Great job LAPD

Comment

Great news. Hopefully he will roll on his buddy. What a POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy View Post
          Great job LAPD
          Ditto.....Hope they fry this idiot and anyone who was in on it. Inexcusable.
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Great work, from nothing to something..I know that took tons of interviews and follow up, huge amount of work.
            Originally posted by FJDave
            GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
            "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Great job guys.

We work hand and hand with AMR....great people! A brotherhood indeed!
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

The witness and the sketch artist did a great job. The picture looks exactly like him. Surprised his parole officer didn't put it together sooner.

Comment

Thanks LAPD! Let's hope Ramirez squeals like a pig and tells where his friends are hiding.

Comment

For that 200k reward I almost started my own investigation
                    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by Feb2nd1979 View Post
                      The witness and the sketch artist did a great job. The picture looks exactly like him. Surprised his parole officer didn't put it together sooner.
                      alot of POs have up to 50 "babies" to watch over- wouldn't be surprised IF a PO didn't toss this fools name in the basket of "wanted" suspects.....
                      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

If Charlie Beck is so certain that he has the right guy, why hasn't he filed formal charges? Why isn't anyone talking about the line-up? I am hearing more questions than answers regarding this arrest.

Comment

RLRay...really? You really think the chief himself is going to walk the case over to the DA's office to request a filing? And do you think that since there are other suspects still outstanding, maybe - just maybe - it would be a bad idea for LAPD to divulge all of the information that they hold?
                          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

The nice thing about this case is the loser is on a parole hold right now.. It bought the Detectives some more time to investigate

Comment

Originally posted by Feb2nd1979 View Post
                              Parole officers have caseloads now of between 300 and 400 parolees they must "supervise." That this agent put "2+2" together and came up with this suspect is quite a bit of police work. PO's are some of the most overworked and underrated people on our side and this one deserves a lot of credit, if what's circulating out there about this case is correct.
                              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3205 users online. 213 members and 2992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X