• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Copper
    replied
    Originally posted by phillydog07 View Post
    Read below.
    That may or may not be true. It didn't look like post production to me but maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Reservetobe
    replied
    Originally posted by phillydog07 View Post
    Read below.
    What he said ^^^^^^

Leave a comment:

• phillydog07
    replied
    Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
    The reporter may not have noticed it but the camera person certainly appears to have seen it, especially
    considering he/she zoomed in on it.
    Read below.

Originally posted by CA10-08 View Post
    That looked very much like post production zooming, as opposed to the cameraman zooming.
    Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
    I just had a spanish speaking officer translate it for me. The news crew did not know about it untl the jailer finds it. the zoom in shots are done after words in the studio. It was a single female reporter holding a camera and she said she did not see it at the time despite how obvious it looks in the camera.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied
    Originally posted by Reservetobe View Post
    The reporter said in sapnish that she did not notice the weapon until reviewing the tape later. The news crew was invited to be there.
    The reporter may not have noticed it but the camera person certainly appears to have seen it, especially considering he/she zoomed in on it.
    Last edited by LA Copper; 05-29-2011, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Reservetobe
    replied
    The reporter said in sapnish that she did not notice the weapon until reviewing the tape later. The news crew was invited to be there.

Leave a comment:

• CA10-08
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackavar
    Sorry, I have to call BS on that. Not the translation, the story. The camera was very clearly focused in on the gun

That looked very much like post production zooming, as opposed to the cameraman zooming.

Leave a comment:

• Garbage Man
    replied
    I just had a spanish speaking officer translate it for me. The news crew did not know about it untl the jailer finds it. the zoom in shots are done after words in the studio. It was a single female reporter holding a camera and she said she did not see it at the time despite how obvious it looks in the camera.

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    Back in the late 70's I was working station jailer and we had a fight in one of the stations jail cells.. One of the suspects was wearing cowboy boots and had kicked another prisoner... The Sgt. said to hold them as evidence and when we took his boots he had a 45 caliber handgun hidden inside...He had been in the stations jail for 3 days and admitted that the arresting Deputy never searched his boots or had him remove them during booking......

The arresting Deputy received a 5 day suspension...

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    It's happened elsewhere, unfortunately.
    yup.....one of my academy DIs had an interesting scar on the back of his arm after an arrestee emptied a magazine from the backseat after they failed to search him before transport.

I made it a policy to always search anyone that was placed in the back of my radio car, and made sure that all of my trainees did the same......I could care less if the suspect had just been searched 30 seconds before by anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• eagleI
    replied
    Males can search females & females can search males. No biggie. Do it with a witness if you're paranoid but do it. This weapon could have been located with a VISUAL search which is part of the search process & was obviously skipped.
    In the beginning of my career I worked when there were few female officers working in the county so we were sent to other agencies not to do a custody search, but to get into bras & undies when the officer's suspected drugs or weapons in those areas.
    Remember, the courts have allowed officers great latitude when you do something in the name of officer safety.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    It's happened elsewhere, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• SgtCHP
    replied
    Originally posted by kiddorbitz01 View Post
    Thank God the officers are safe....

Will the Chippies be getting disciplined for something like this Sgt.?
    Your question calls for supposition on my part, or anybodies part, and is an internal matter. I won't begin to venture a guess. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• kiddorbitz01
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
    Although this is in Spanish, if you pay attention to the video, you will understand the topic title. I am not happy that my former agency is the erring crew. Also note that the allied officer and the news crew remain mute........................

SEARCH EVERYONE!
    Thank God the officers are safe....

Will the Chippies be getting disciplined for something like this Sgt.?

Leave a comment:

• Feb2nd1979
    replied
    Originally posted by AzLaw_E View Post
    Its pretty funny how everyone on the board is diggin on that officer but if you look theres like 6 other guys watching whats happening and they too didnt notice it. I've been the victim of a bad search. All you can do is thank the lord and make sure it doesnt happen again.
    Yes there were other officers around, but I'm sure they assumed the arresting officer DID HIS JOB and searched and cleared her of any weapons at the time of arrest.

I was a victim of a bad search also. One where a suspect had a gun on him in the county jail intake, I was working this area with 6 other deps for 7 hours with this guy unsecured 20 feet from us. All we had were flashlights and pepper spray on us.

These things happen. If no one gets hurt and people learn from it. It can turn into a postive learning experience, and it gives you ammo to r*** your buddy who missed the item on search!

Leave a comment:

• deputymel
    replied
    just to set the record straight.. man or woman should search same sex or Opposite!! just be safe out there!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4599 users online. 258 members and 4341 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X